• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm overreacting a bit, but the Dubs have lost their juju, swagger and mystique.
Being defending champs & having every team gunning for you night after night takes it's toll in a lot of ways and it's starting to catch up to them.

One of their greatest strengths during the past 3+ seasons has been their bench play. This year's rendition has been average to mediocre at best.

The entire team seems lackadaisical and disinterested a lot of the time during games..and flat, uninspired, lost & burned out at other crucial times.

They've become too complacent, and as a result, they are now a very beatable team again.

That being said:
Yes..I know it's only December and there's still a long way to go.
Hope they prove me wrong.
This does feel a little different than past slumps. Let's see what they got.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This does feel a little different than past slumps. Let's see what they got.

Sometimes ...like earlier tonight, they're basically unrecognizable.
The usual consistency isn't there like it was during the last few seasons.
I'm sure they're frustrated and perplexed by it too.
I know coach Kerr is.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair it's only 2 years of getting worse. But man it's real this year so far. Still a lot of story to be written. You don't hear about how the Ws have ruined the sport anymore.

Cousins is a real wild card here, be very interesting
I think they win the title this year still but it won't be easy.

I will agree with one thing. The dynasty will end soon enough. But not this year.

As for Dray, I actually think some of this started back in 2016 when Kerr returned. Luke Walton gave Dray the green light and it showed in his play. Kerr has always questioned Dray's shot selection and it looks like it is in his head.

When Dray shoots the ball, you can see him thinking. It is not a decisive action. It is almost like he is resigned to shoot. Now, he definitely should not be shooting every time he is left open, but he needs to stop being hesitant when he catches the ball. Shoot it, move it, or make a play. But be assertive.

Easier said then done, especially when defense aren't even trying to guard you. But still.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm overreacting a bit, but the Dubs have lost their juju, swagger and mystique.
Being defending champs & having every team gunning for you night after night takes it's toll in a lot of ways and it's starting to catch up to them.

One of their greatest strengths during the past 3+ seasons has been their bench depth & play. This year's rendition has been average to mediocre at best.

The entire team seems lackadaisical and disinterested a lot of the time during games..and flat, uninspired, lost & burned out at other crucial times.

They've become too complacent, and as a result, they are now a very beatable team again.

That being said:
Yes..I know it's only December and there's still a long way to go.
Hope they prove me wrong.

well, going to the grind year after year and getting to the finals is a helluva strain, physically and mentally. so nights like last night are gonna happen. In the long run you guys are going to figure it out. Hell, you do it every season ...

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, going to the grind year after year and getting to the finals is a helluva strain, physically and mentally. so nights like last night are gonna happen. In the long run you guys are going to figure it out. Hell, you do it every season ...
Until they don't. Might be this year, might be next...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry gets the least respect from.the refs of any superstar in the league. Gets bumped all the time for no calls

He might get called for bad reach-in fouls every now and then, but every player does. If he gets touched with a finger going to the hoop, he will get the call. Not to mention, every time he falls after shooting a 3 he gets a call (he isn't as bad as Harden but close). He gets plenty of respect from the refs, he doesn't see the result like Harden bc he shoots so many damn 3's.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Props on a solid & very convincing win last night.
I had a gut feeling they weren't gonna lose.
Any update on LBJ's injury??
Lakers seemed to really rally around that, and then took it to another level for him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons 1h1 hour ago
    I just want to point out that Draymond has had a genuinely embarrassing season. And also, for whatever reason, can’t shoot anymore.

2. Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons 59m59 minutes ago
    It’s amazing that this never came up during 10+ hours of ABC coverage today. Seems relevant, no?

3. Bill Simmons‏Verified account @BillSimmons 56m56 minutes ago
    In 2015-16, Draymond was good for 14-10-7 every night with 49-39-70% shooting and the best D in the league. That guy is gone. Unclear if he’s ever coming back. He’s only 28. It’s bizarre.

That's why if he went to just about any other team in the NBA he would be just some guy. I guess KD is in his head? :pound:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might get called for bad reach-in fouls every now and then, but every player does. If he gets touched with a finger going to the hoop, he will get the call. Not to mention, every time he falls after shooting a 3 he gets a call (he isn't as bad as Harden but close). He gets plenty of respect from the refs, he doesn't see the result like Harden bc he shoots so many damn 3's.
Nope

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree but most importantly, I think he get some shitty calls on defense. Yesterday, 3 of 5 of his fouls were complete trash

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree but most importantly, I think he get some shitty calls on defense. Yesterday, 3 of 5 of his fouls were complete trash

Yeah well it happens. There are plenty of games Lebron gets hit 5-6 times on the head going to the rim, but bc he is 260 he doesn't the call. Bc Curry is smaller he will get a lot of calls other, bigger players will, at least going to the rim. The lack of free throws bc his game is mainly jump shooting.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props on a solid & very convincing win last night.
I had a gut feeling they weren't gonna lose.
Any update on LBJ's injury??
Lakers seemed to really rally around that, and then took it to another level for him.

hearing he's gonna be day to day...

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah well it happens. There are plenty of games Lebron gets hit 5-6 times on the head going to the rim, but bc he is 260 he doesn't the call. Bc Curry is smaller he will get a lot of calls other, bigger players will, at least going to the rim. The lack of free throws bc his game is mainly jump shooting.
I'm a wee bit ghey for your avatar Sir.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that why Steph is averaging 4.9 FTA a game despite a 30% usage rate?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey all i am saying is that if he wanted to play with LeBron- he EASILY EASILY could have. Thats a stone cold 100% fact. Instead he chose not too.

Yep, it's a stone cold 100% fact that you 2 girls are sharing the same brain.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, dude drives and finishes a lot. Gets bumped a lot. This isn't about LeBron, who surely gets jobbed sometimes but gets much better ref treatment than Curry

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it's a stone cold 100% fact that you 2 girls are sharing the same brain.

From what Lebron said he made his decision to leave to LA about year in advance. Talked it over with his team, probably started reaching out to others to see who would join him.

You don't honestly think nobody in the lakers management, who knew before lebron signed with the lakers, that he was coming relayed this to Paul George their #1 target prior to lebron coming. Or do you think the lakers were in the dark on Lebron, up until he signed the contract lol

I know you are dumb, but you are not honestly this dumb, are you?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is a front runner. When the lights get brightest and the game is close he is a no show. When he has a stacked team or the other team is crippled with injuries he shines. When his team is up by 20 he can always make that 3!

"Since the Golden State Warriors became title contenders during the 2014-15 season, Curry has faced the Cavaliers 18 times. In those contests, he's averaged the following box score line:

23.5 points, 4.7 rebounds, 5.2 assists, and 3.9 turnovers per game; 43.2 FG% (139-for-322 shooting) and 39.5 3P% (73-for-185)

On the one hand, Curry has outpaced his career scoring and rebounding averages against Cleveland, which certainly isn't a bad thing. On the other, he's way behind his career marks for assists, field-goal percentage and 3-point shooting.

In fact, it's Curry's efficiency that suffers the most on the biggest stage. Last year's unanimous MVP has shot 4.4 percent worse from the floor overall and 4.5 percent worse on 3s against Cleveland over the past three seasons."

@tlance

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that is not true though.

Curry drives a lot. Not as much as LeBron or Harden, but he drives a lot. And I think he is officiated fairly on the offensive end. He gets some calls, but not a ridiculous amount.

Like @bksballer89, it is the defensive end where he really gets dinged and it has been especially noteworthy in a couple big games.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what Lebron said he made his decision to leave to LA about year in advance. Talked it over with his team, probably started reaching out to others to see who would join him.

You don't honestly think nobody in the lakers management, who knew before lebron signed with the lakers, that he was coming relayed this to Paul George their #1 target prior to lebron coming. Or do you think the lakers were in the dark on Lebron, up until he signed the contract lol

I know you are dumb, but you are not honestly this dumb, are you?

Players say all kinds of things. And no, I don't think anything was for sure re: what Lebron was going to do.

What I do know, that has been said publicly by PG is that he didn't think the Lakers tried hard enough to trade for him. He also said that his experience with the OKC fans, the organization and Russell Westbrook accepting him with open arms like they did, is what convinced him to stay.

He was also traded to OKC before he or Lebron even had a chance to sign with the Lakers and he re-signed with OKC before Lebron signed with the Lakers.

So, the only one looking dumb right now is you for being so deep in your own butthurt that you are trying to make PG staying in OKC about Lebron with nothing ever stated by PG to back it up.

So please, by all means, keep embarrassing yourself. We're all enjoying the laugh.