• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers gave up on Julius Randle too easily too. Guy was putting up 20 PER last season and is doing well with NO.

They were in a tough position.

The Lakers had to choose between keeping Randle or cap space that could eventually help them land another max player. Randle would make them better today for sure. But enough to be a real contender?

I doubt it.

They opted to swing for the fences. Time will tell if they are able to connect, but it was the right strategical play, IMO.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't post here that often because I tend to post and lurk both RealGM and r/NBA. Do you guys hang out at those places as well?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the upside case, Kidd. Still doable but looking more like Rondo or Rubio. Nothing wrong with it.
Absolutely.

Kid ceiling, Elfrid Payton floor.

People refuse to take the fact that Kidd played with scorers most of his career.

Jim Jackson, Mashburn both 24ppg or more his rookie year.

Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson in Jersey....etc

So, He usually didn't have to score.

But, when he did, like on that 2002 Finals team, he showed that he could.

He averaged around 18-20 ppg because it was just Kenyon and Kittles.

Do you ever envision Lonzo being capable of that for a Season?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players can't officially tamper, right?

They aren't legislated like teams.

I honestly look at the Clippers sideways for attending most of Kawhi's games.

I even read something that stated Lawrence Frank was standing in the tunnel when Kawhi went by exchanging pleasantries.

Can you say hi to guys?

Sure.

But, I wouldn't risk it.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely.

Kid ceiling, Elfrid Payton floor.

People refuse to take the fact that Kidd played with scorers most of his career.

Jim Jackson, Mashburn both 24ppg or more his rookie year.

Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson in Jersey....etc

So, He usually didn't have to score.

But, when he did, like on that 2002 Finals team, he showed that he could.

He averaged around 18-20 ppg because it was just Kenyon and Kittles.

Do you ever envision Lonzo being capable of that for a Season?
Possible but not likely. As I said he feels like a Rondo or Rubio type more than Kidd

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So stupid. LeBron answered a dumb question with an obvious answer.

Meanwhile, Giannis actually tampering on AD, but the GMs don't care cause "boo hoo big market no fair"
Giannis and Durant to a lesser extent.

Is it cool to try and discourage a guy under contract to avoid certain teams?

But, under these guidelines, it's borderline tampering.

I guess you have to keep this kinda thing behind closed doors now.

“It’s New Orleans’ problem today, and a problem with a different player tomorrow for the rest of us,” one Eastern Conference GM told ESPN. “It’s open season on small markets and our players.” The NBA bylaws governing players states: “Any Player who, directly or indirectly, entices, induces, persuades or attempts to entice, induce or persuade any Player, Coach, Trainer, General Manager, or any other person who is under contract to any other Member of the Association to enter into negotiations for or relating to his services shall, on being charged with such tampering, should be given an opportunity to answer to such charges after due notice and the Commissioner shall have the power to decide whether or not the charges have been sustained

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only like what, the best EU prospect since Sabonis or Kukoc?

I would say since Sabonis is probably fair. Although I think you have to put Pau Gasol in there too.

And since Sabonis didn't come over until he was well into decline phase, that could make Luka the best International prospect of all time.

Which is crazy considering how many great international players we have had over the years.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say since Sabonis is probably fair. Although I think you have to put Pau Gasol in there too.

And since Sabonis didn't come over until he was well into decline phase, that could make Luka the best International prospect of all time.

Which is crazy considering how many great international players we have had over the years.
Dirk is an all timer but IIRC, he wasn't dominating the Euro leagues like Doncic was at that age. He was a project similar to guys like Porzingis or Bargnini but he panned out to an all-timer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giannis and Durant to a lesser extent.

Is it cool to try and discourage a guy under contract to avoid certain teams?

But, under these guidelines, it's borderline tampering.

I guess you have to keep this kinda thing behind closed doors now.

“It’s New Orleans’ problem today, and a problem with a different player tomorrow for the rest of us,” one Eastern Conference GM told ESPN. “It’s open season on small markets and our players.” The NBA bylaws governing players states: “Any Player who, directly or indirectly, entices, induces, persuades or attempts to entice, induce or persuade any Player, Coach, Trainer, General Manager, or any other person who is under contract to any other Member of the Association to enter into negotiations for or relating to his services shall, on being charged with such tampering, should be given an opportunity to answer to such charges after due notice and the Commissioner shall have the power to decide whether or not the charges have been sustained

Has a player ever been sanctioned for tampering?

If they were, what would the league even do?

Much different than a front office guy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk is an all timer but IIRC, he wasn't dominating the Euro leagues like Doncic was at that age. He was a project similar to guys like Porzingis or Bargnini but he panned out to an all-timer.

Yeah.

Bargnani was actually a number 1 overall pick, but in a pretty weak draft class.