• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they were to do Lonzo, Ingram for Beal could they get another star in LA?

Ball and Ingram will be $16M combined. Beal is $27M. The Lakers cap will be $67M add in the $11M and you havd around $78M. They would have around $31M to play with next offseason assuming they dont trade anyone else on the books for 19-20

Yeah, they could add someone else.

But, would need to shed more salary to get a full max for a guy like Durant because of the years he's been in the NBA.

A guy like Middleton, yeah.

Not sure if Beal and Middleton can play together.

I'm just using him as an example.

A big probably works better.

Trade for Beal, sign Boogie or Vuvecic and that's a nice core.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo is without a doubt a disappointment as a #2 overall pick, especially considering guys like Tatum, Fox, Markenen went close behind him.
He'd look much better without LeBron.

But, that's not even worth discussing because nobody in their right mind would pass on LeBron to avoid stunting Lonzo's growth.

Reactions: LAD

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, would need to shed more salary to get a full max for a guy like Durant because of the years he's been in the NBA.

Been on the Cousins bandwagon since last off-season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they were to do Lonzo, Ingram for Beal could they get another star in LA?

Ball and Ingram will be $16M combined. Beal is $27M. The Lakers cap will be $67M add in the $11M and you havd around $78M. They would have around $31M to play with next offseason assuming they dont trade anyone else on the books for 19-20
if they dealt Ball and ingram and expirings for Beal, what would their cap look like next year?

LBJ: 37M
Hart: 2M
Kuzma: 2M
Beal: 28M
Wagner: 2M
Svi: 1M

= 72M

The cap will be set at 109M supposedly for next year.

37M in room. But you have some min. cap holds for the rest of the roster spots.

Realistically- like you said- can prob get to like 32-35M in cap room.

Thats not enough to offer a true max to guys like Kawhi/Durant that qualify for the super max type contracts.

They would prob be in the running, like Mecca said, for that next tier....maybe Kemba- maybe Middleton....maybe Cousins- though Cousins comes with some significant risks.

Say they trade for Beal and sign Cousins...that would be solid--- not as good as a 25 year old LeBron wiht Wade and Bosh or a 30 year old LeBron with KI and Love, but good- good enough to make a WCF probably depending

Before i basically sunk my last bit of cap space into Cousins id have eto be confident he would be playing well and healthy - because an injury to him or ineffective play would cripple you.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You could get Cousins even Vuvecic for cheaper possibly, depending on how Boogie recovers.

Kuzma, Bron, Beal, Vuvecic/Boogie is sick

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they dealt Ball and ingram and expirings for Beal, what would their cap look like next year?

= 72M

Thats not enough to offer a true max to guys like Kawhi/Durant that qualify for the super max type contracts.

They would prob be in the running, like Mecca said, for that next tier....maybe Kemba- maybe Middleton....maybe Cousins- though Cousins comes with some significant risks.

Say they trade for Beal and sign Cousins...that would be solid--- not as good as a 25 year old LeBron wiht Wade and Bosh or a 30 year old LeBron with KI and Love, but good- good enough to make a WCF probably depending

Before i basically sunk my last bit of cap space into Cousins id have eto be confident he would be playing well and healthy - because an injury to him or ineffective play would cripple you.

Bonga is on the books only 1.4M. And yeah next tier guy if you get Beal if not and you flip Lonzo and Ingram for another player it could be different but regardless it wouldnt be enough to max a star FA out.
Yeah that would be solid if Cousins was healthy but very risky like you said

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder that Lonzo is 79 games into his career. He provides excellent size, very good defense and good playmaking.

Yeah, he needs to develop a semi-consistent 3-pt shot if he's going to make it as the level of player he wants to be. And yeah, that's a concern.

But I think the defense and playmaking he's providing the Lakers is being underrated. Its great that Rondo is his backup, cause I actually see him as a very similar player.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Lakers aren't going to make any move that cuts into their cap room next season. Not unless the Lakers suddenly turn into world beaters and/or something happens to make the Warriors vulnerable. Just doesn't make sense to make a risky win-now move, when they're so well setup for next season.

They'll save those moves as a plan B if they strike out on the 1st tier guys in the offseason.

Reactions: DJ

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans? Wiggy made one post and he said possibly, if he grew his game and reached his potential. Do you disagree? He has Lebron athleticism at 275, he is much shorter but still...

He has IMPRESSIVE athleticism at 275, but I'm not putting him in a class with Lebron. Already being 275 at that height could be a red flag. Blake Griffin is a closer comparison IMO, and still that weight is an outlier (and not necessarily in a good way; he could continuously deal with knee/ankle/foot injuries).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder that Lonzo is 79 games into his career. He provides excellent size, very good defense and good playmaking.

Yeah, he needs to develop a semi-consistent 3-pt shot if he's going to make it as the level of player he wants to be. And yeah, that's a concern.

But I think the defense and playmaking he's providing the Lakers is being underrated. Its great that Rondo is his backup, cause I actually see him as a very similar player.

Lonzo's having a tough time expanding his game this season after losing his offseason to an injury and now losing control of the ball in the offense to Lebron. His stats are unlikely to impress with the ball in Lebron's hands more, so the naysayers will continue until he starts scoring more consistently. I do like that he's being more aggressive offensively, hopefully gaining the confidence he needs to stop avoiding offensive opportunities for himself.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo's having a tough time expanding his game this season after losing his offseason to an injury and now losing control of the ball in the offense to Lebron. His stats are unlikely to impress with the ball in Lebron's hands more, so the naysayers will continue until he starts scoring more consistently. I do like that he's being more aggressive offensively, hopefully gaining the confidence he needs to stop avoiding offensive opportunities for himself.

Scoring is just not something the Lakers need from him. The only reason he needs to be able to score is to keep the defense honest from time to time.

IMO, if I imagine the best version of the current Lakers, Lonzo's production in terms of pts/reb/ast would be basically what it already is.

The only difference is he needs to be more efficient with his scoring.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently being discussed per source: LA giving up KCP & a 1st round pick, Phoenix Suns giving up Trevor Ariza, & the Philadelphia 76ers giving up Markelle Fultz, Shake Milton.

pretty much what we figured- LA giving up a first along with KCP to get Ariza...

but, is that really worth a first rounder? i dunno......is the difference between KCP and Ariza worth a first round pick? its a question i am glad i dont have to answer.

Well, it could be a pick in the 20s if all ends well, so it may be worth it? Ariza is a MUCH better defender than KCP and with more size, better for the switching defense. Shooting wise, Ariza is typically better, but is down a bit this year so their stats are close. Getting better spacing in LA could improve that shooting quickly. He's also a smarter player than KCP, who is often playing a bit out of control.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the way see I it:

Playing with other great players makes it harder to put up numbers.
Playing with other great players makes it easier to play great.

Playing without great players makes it easier to put up numbers.
Playing without great players makes it harder to play great.
Very good points.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo is without a doubt a disappointment as a #2 overall pick, especially considering guys like Tatum, Fox, Markenen went close behind him.

He will take a bit more time, and losing this offseason hurt his development for sure. As far as other picks, only Tatum was really in consideration at #2 IMO.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, according to the dumbass KD the 3 greatest players of all-time:

MJ, Kobe and....wait for it....wait for it, KYRIE IRVING :pound: :pound:

He is so jealous of Lebron, you shouldnt have joined a team that won without you KD. You aren’t even the most important player on your team, KD lolz what an idiot, troll, diva

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd look much better without LeBron.

But, that's not even worth discussing because nobody in their right mind would pass on LeBron to avoid stunting Lonzo's growth.
It is somewhat of a double edge sword for them indeed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

= 72M

Beal wouldn't be a target for me, given those salary and cap issues. I'd be looking for a cheaper alternative, which is likely why they are interested in Ariza. Trading for Beal, only to block yourself from Durant and other top echelon options is exactly what the Lakers HAVEN'T done in this rebuild.