• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't rush hum back. Wait till halfway through the season and bring him along slowly.....just have him at 100% by the time the playoffs start.
He has been healing for almost a year now, literally. He was injured in Jan '18. It doesn't get any slower than that DJ. It is time for him to get back in bball shape.

I personally can not wait. It will be great to watch Boogie play in a structured offense where he isn't the main focus of that offense & see his greatness emerge naturally. I am expecting his efficiency rating to go up similar to KD's when he started playing with Steph.

I am even more excited to see the upgrade at the 5 for this team. Looney has been great, but he is no Boogie. This starting line up has the potential to blow up the league. :heh:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who do you play on Christmas (he asked sheepishly )...
As much as I am team JaVale it is gonna be funny watching him get used out there if Boogie plays. Same goes for Tyson. In the case of Tyson Boogie is gonna expose him something terrible.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been healing for almost a year now, literally. He was injured in Jan '18. It doesn't get any slower than that DJ. It is time for him to get back in bball shape.

I personally can not wait. It will be great to watch Boogie play in a structured offense where he isn't the main focus of that offense & see his greatness emerge naturally. I am expecting his efficiency rating to go up similar to KD's when he started playing with Steph.

I am even more excited to see the upgrade at the 5 for this team. Looney has been great, but he is no Boogie. This starting line up has the potential to blow up the league. :heh:
Achilees is the worst injury a basketball player can sustain though.

He will never again be 100%...if he can get to 90% of what he was he should and will be thrilled.

If he is back to 80% and regularly playing 20-25 minutes a game by the playoffs that will be a big win for him.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P

I would do that in a hot second.

Don't think Toronto is biting on that one though.
I think Lowry needs to play with a#1 that is an alpha. Like LBJ. Playing next to LBJ would definitely help keep him in check in terms of free lancing and also would allow him to play in the flow of the game rather than improvising like he does from time to time - ineffectively more times than not. Especially because LBJ handles the ball so much & pretty much executes the offense.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Achilees is the worst injury a basketball player can sustain though.

He will never again be 100%...if he can get to 90% of what he was he should and will be thrilled.

If he is back to 80% and regularly playing 20-25 minutes a game by the playoffs that will be a big win for him.
I don't know about it being the worst injury - that might be a bit of an over exaggeration.

But, I agree that if he can come back at least 80% that is a win. I think he'll be better than that though. Reason is because he's had the opportunity to only concentrate on healing having signed with GS in the summer. They emphasized his health is important & that they're in no rush for him to play.

His teammates have also shown to have his back & made sure he is aware they are elated that he will be entering the line up soon. I think in Boogie's case guidance & structure has been missing in his career and now that he has it his potential is limitless with hard work.

We shall see - hopefully sooner rather than later.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

:wtf2:

The Rockets are interested in JR Smith. :pound:

Since the Rockets brass has a very bad idea in getting JR Buckets I got some other bad ideas for them.

-Bring back Melo & start him
-Fire D'Antoni & replace him w/ Lavar Ball
-Sign Jammin' Jimmer, he's knockin' down buckets left 'n right in some league on the other side of the planet. A team can never have too many shooter. Am I right @Mecca?:heh:

Last edited:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

:wtf2:

The Rockets are interested in JR Smith. :pound:

Since the Rockets brass has a very bad idea in getting JR Buckets I got some other bad ideas for them.

-Bring back Melo & start him
-Fire D'Antoni & replace him w/ Lavar Ball
-Sign Jammin' Jimmer, he's knockin' down buckets left 'n right in some league on the other side of the planet. A team can never have too many shooter. Am I right @Mecca?:heh:
You are a cold piece of work!
:lol:
#ILoveIt

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we shall see.....but I'm thinking sometime around mid to late January.
I can see this timing if he has a set back after practicing with the G-league team. But if all goes well it will def be sooner than this IMO.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't rush hum back. Wait till halfway through the season and bring him along slowly.....just have him at 100% by the time the playoffs start.

I'm pretty confident the Dubs will approach it from a logical aspect, both medically & physically speaking, and also from a what's the best case scenario for all parties concerned view point, obviously.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the flip side to that is it is also quite impressive to be that great along side other great players.

The impressive thing was watching GS crumble without Steph (and Dray too) after looking unbeatable before he was hurt.

Still though. Once they get past the early bumps, GS minus Curry is still a contender in the West. The would be very beatable, but they would have a shot.

Cleveland literally went from the Finals to top of the lottery. Current LA roster without LeBron would almost DEFINITELY be 14th in the West with u

Curry has won not 1, but 2 MVPs since LeBron's last. Giannis is fantastic, but I am sorry. Switch LeBron and Giannis and the Bucks would be better and Lakers would be worse.

LeBron has to be the MVP this year if he and the Lakers keep this up. He just has to be.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The impressive thing was watching GS crumble without Steph (and Dray too) after looking unbeatable before he was hurt.

Still though. Once they get past the early bumps, GS minus Curry is still a contender in the West. The would be very beatable, but they would have a shot.

Cleveland literally went from the Finals to top of the lottery. Current LA roster without LeBron would almost DEFINITELY be 14th in the West with u

Curry has won not 1, but 2 MVPs since LeBron's last. Giannis is fantastic, but I am sorry. Switch LeBron and Giannis and the Bucks would be better and Lakers would be worse.

LeBron has to be the MVP this year if he and the Lakers keep this up. He just has to be.
My post wasn't intended to take anything away from LBJ.

And you think the Lakers would be worse than last season if they had Giannis rather than LBJ?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see this timing if he has a set back after practicing with the G-league team. But if all goes well it will def be sooner than this IMO.

My guess is they'll err on the side of caution...and wait until the calendar flips a page.

That being said...there are rare occasions where I'm wrong.

:D

But like I also said...we shall see.

:thumb:

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post wasn't intended to take anything away from LBJ.

And you think the Lakers would be worse than last season if they had Giannis rather than LBJ?

No. I didn't say that.

They would be worse than they are now. Worse than last year if they had neither.

Reactions: LAD