• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I think there is also a fairly decent chance Sexton becomes a Johnny Flynn level bust."

Johhny Flynn in his ENTIRE NBA Career- 11 games of 20 points or more

Colin Sexton in less than 2 months in the NBA- 8 games of 20 points or more

Sexton has talent, but what made me think he would be a great pick his is work ethic and leadership and how hard he plays. Those 3 things- work ethic, leadership and playing hard every minute of every game makes a HUGE difference as so many guys dont do those things.

Sexton will be a very good player because of how hard he works.

A 19 year old kid, with limited teammates, playing as efficient as he is, is just unreal.

Kyrie Irving had an UNREAL rookie year and great efficiency. Sexton is close to that at this point.

Sexton is at just under 46% from the field. You just dont see that from young guards in the NBA. It just doesnt really happen. I would have been very very happy with 41-42% from him considering his age, and the lack of attention his teammates demand.

Completely out of context. We played this game last week and I posted the entire quote which also said he had Kemba Walker/McCollum type upside.

But you won't post my entire quote because you would rather take 1 line out of context that supports your narrative.

Unlike you, I don't make absolutely assumptions about what a player will be less than 10 games into their careers. That would be ignorant. Instead I provide a range of outcomes. The sentence you quoted was the low end of the range.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite embarrassing from a team filled with guys lucky to be in the league. Bulls...
This is gonna make the Kings loss to them tomorrow look even worse.
tenor.gif

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... the Celtics done broke the Bulls. :D
Yep seems like mr lavine was upset the coach pulled all 5 starters yesterday in the first quarter when they trailed 17-0.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep seems like mr lavine was upset the coach pulled all 5 starters yesterday in the first quarter when they trailed 17-0.
I was just reading up on the situation there in Chicago... seems like it's a little more nuanced than that...

A timeline of Bulls head coach Jim Boylen's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad first week in charge

I'm not saying the players are right... but there seems to be too much of a change in how things are run going on at one time...

... furthermore, "old school" is a tough approach nowadays...

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just reading up on the situation there in Chicago... seems like it's a little more nuanced than that...

A timeline of Bulls head coach Jim Boylen's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad first week in charge

I'm not saying the players are right... but there seems to be too much of a change in how things are run going on at one time...

... furthermore, "old school" is a tough approach nowadays...
I’ve read about the coach as well but besides robin Lopez this team is filled with unproven players who seem to not understand they have no leverage. Holiday pushing this boycott is hilarious because the bulls did everything they could to trade him in the offseason and no one wanted him. Besides Markenen and carter the rest of the team can fuck off

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so over these losers who got time to pull up old tweets from nearly 10 years ago

Dude was joking with his friends and talking like most 14 or 15 year olds during that time. I used to talk like that at the same age when i was 14 or 15 back in the early 2000's

Wait. Kyle Murray said something stupid when he was 14? Color me shocked.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely out of context. We played this game last week and I posted the entire quote which also said he had Kemba Walker/McCollum type upside.

But you won't post my entire quote because you would rather take 1 line out of context that supports your narrative.

Unlike you, I don't make absolutely assumptions about what a player will be less than 10 games into their careers. That would be ignorant. Instead I provide a range of outcomes. The sentence you quoted was the low end of the range.
LOL, way to cover your bases....

HE COULD BE JOHHNY FLYNN

HE COULD BE KEMBA WALKER

thats almost as deep as- the West is better than the East!!! :pound:

Wow-- i go to Adrian Woj for some hard hitting analysis but maybe you should take his place!!!!!!!

can you give us some more profound insight?

how about....the Patriots MAY win the super bowl, or they may not!!!!!

Peter King aint got shit on that!!!

LOL

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, way to cover your bases....

HE COULD BE JOHHNY FLYNN

HE COULD BE KEMBA WALKER

thats almost as deep as- the West is better than the East!!! :pound:

Wow-- i go to Adrian Woj for some hard hitting analysis but maybe you should take his place!!!!!!!

can you give us some more profound insight?

how about....the Patriots MAY win the super bowl, or they may not!!!!!

Peter King aint got shit on that!!!

LOL

Sexton dropped his nutz all over the Wizards last night...29 points 6 assists and 3 rebounds is all star level stats and the guy is only 19!

Just based off how he plays i don't see how he could get worse, but he has a huge window to get a lot better...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to laugh really hard when Cleveland is in the exact same place next year trying to make the playoffs with Love, Sexton and the number 6 pick.

Then 2 years from now you will use that cap space to sign somebody like Harrison Barnes.

Until you trade Love, you aren't actually tanking.

That is debatable. Their is no guarantee we win with love. He was playing in the beggining of the season...Love is a proven 3rd option on a championship team. The Cavs need to draft well and get luck and get a star, and if sexton keeps developing they could have their own little big 3 in a year or two

In the meantime they are amassing a ton of picks, sorta like what boston did. I have a feeling one of those teams (Hou, or the pelicans) is going to bite on JR smith soon...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henson and Delly could both be dealt though- esp. Henson once he is healthy for an asset or two whether this season at the deadline or next.

Next year, some team needing a big man that can play some D will take henson and give up an asset if the Cavs want to take back some salary

As far as "bad contracts" go, Delly and Henson arent in the top 30 in the NBA. Prob even less than that.

Oh, tons of guys are on worse contracts based on production.

Totally agree about Henson.

If the guy could stay healthy, he'd help a lot of teams.

Delly isn't good.

He has energy and is a crowd favorite.

You are right that he will get looks as a expiring.

But, not because he will help teams on the floor.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that what this is about?

Look, I have loved Zach since his high school days.

But, he needs to calm his ass down...lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. Kyle Murray said something stupid when he was 14? Color me shocked.
The internet needs to turn on these fuckers that keep trying to piss on these peoples moments.

Somebody knows who they are.

Lay their asses bare.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Mecca what happened to your clippers?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton dropped his nutz all over the Wizards last night...29 points 6 assists and 3 rebounds is all star level stats and the guy is only 19!

Just based off how he plays i don't see how he could get worse, but he has a huge window to get a lot better...
the Cavs have bunch of injured players, were short handed after trading Hill and Dekker since the physicals had not been passed yet, were playing on the 2nd night of a back to back- and beat the crap out of the Wizards.

A 19 year old kid whooped their ass--- along with Tristan Thompson!! LOL

The Wiz have some talent- they are just totally and completely gutless. Poorly coached, poorly managed, poorly led. The franchise is just a dumpster fire. They should just move the Wiz to Seattle and fire the whole staff.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, tons of guys are on worse contracts based on production.

Totally agree about Henson.

If the guy could stay healthy, he'd help a lot of teams.

Delly isn't good.

He has energy and is a crowd favorite.

You are right that he will get looks as a expiring.

But, not because he will help teams on the floor.
Delly will be a great influence on the Cavs rebuild- he is a fan favorite--- i totally get that move. He will challenge Sexton in practice and make him better. That is for sure.

And like we both agree---- Henson has some value- he is just hurt and the Bucks have plenty of other FA worries and clearing him means maybe they can bring back Middleton.

IF the Cavs dont trade Henson this year for value- they can def. trade him for value as an expiring next year that is for sure.

The Cavs were never going to get major big time assets just bringing back deals like Hensons and Dellys who are just deals that are not that bad and expiring fairly soon.

the Knicks have Courtney Lee with 12M guaranteed next year and Hardaay with 37M guaranteed for the following 2 years....taking on that basically 50M in salary- and a long term commitment in Hardaway---- for say aggregating JR Smiths, Burks and Hood--- THAT is the type of deal where you can get some MAJOR MAJOR value--- basically eating 50M- which is close to what they ate from the Clips on Baron....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be....wow.

I have been thinking Beasley's days were numbered for a minute.

But, a playmaking guard?

* side eyes Lonzo *

:lol:
if they give up on Lonzo in a Trevor Ariza deal ill laugh my balls off. lol

I have seen that quite a few teams have some interest in Ariza so i doubt itll just be some expiring contracts etc. they have to give up.

Is Ariza guaranteed next year?

*does not look like Ariza has ANYTHING guaranteed next year.....wonder what hte Lakers would have to give up to get Ariza.

id think Ariza on an expiring deal would have at least some kind of market...from a variety of teams.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delly will be a great influence on the Cavs rebuild- he is a fan favorite--- i totally get that move. He will challenge Sexton in practice and make him better. That is for sure.

And like we both agree---- Henson has some value- he is just hurt and the Bucks have plenty of other FA worries and clearing him means maybe they can bring back Middleton.

IF the Cavs dont trade Henson this year for value- they can def. trade him for value as an expiring next year that is for sure.

The Cavs were never going to get major big time assets just bringing back deals like Hensons and Dellys who are just deals that are not that bad and expiring fairly soon.

the Knicks have Courtney Lee with 12M guaranteed next year and Hardaay with 37M guaranteed for the following 2 years....taking on that basically 50M in salary- and a long term commitment in Hardaway---- for say aggregating JR Smiths, Burks and Hood--- THAT is the type of deal where you can get some MAJOR MAJOR value--- basically eating 50M- which is close to what they ate from the Clips on Baron....
I like the Hardaway idea.

The Knicks would need to clear that deal to even dream about landing a Durant or Kemba.