• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different for a man who wants to live in solitary. Dave Chappelle is a different kind of dude. To each his own though.
Yeah....

I will give him that one.

They got Dave, we got Halle....

Since I'm not married to her crazy ass, I'll take that as a win.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different for a man who wants to live in solitary. Dave Chappelle is a different kind of dude. To each his own though.

So someone has picked Ohio over Cali. That was my only point.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what youare not harping about the rael and present danger of a serial killer in Hudson Ohio anymore? lol

i didnt say it was--- if i had a few mill id love to live in Brentwood.

I dont- so id rather not deal with sky high taxes, ridiculously expensive real estate, wildfires, earthquakes, mucho grande illegal immigration, ridiculous traffic, etc.
Well, enjoy the Symphony.

I'll enjoy....

Well, everything else....lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was hiding in Africa?

Not sure what he's doing these days. I do remember he was or is in Africa. Not sure for what reason though. If he was hiding out it wouldn't surprise me. He seems like a bit of a recluse.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what youare not harping about the rael and present danger of a serial killer in Hudson Ohio anymore? lol

i didnt say it was--- if i had a few mill id love to live in Brentwood.

I dont- so id rather not deal with sky high taxes, ridiculously expensive real estate, wildfires, earthquakes, mucho grande illegal immigration, ridiculous traffic, etc.

I get your logic, but you're not considering the alternative...

Think about the fact that people choose to live her DESPITE everything you just mentioned. Ever occur to you there might be a reason? LOL. That's how fucking awesome California is compared to most other places. You'd rather sacrifice your income, your safety, deal with insane traffic and real estate markets, just to be able to live here. If you ever got a chance to actually visit both Norcal and SoCal and ingrain yourself into the actual experience and potential, you'd see why you'd never want to leave.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Wiggy can discuss all the downsides of everywhere else, Ohio's shortcomings are fair game.

Check the paper trail.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your logic, but you're not considering the alternative...

Think about the fact that people choose to live her DESPITE everything you just mentioned. Ever occur to you there might be a reason? LOL. That's how fucking awesome California is compared to most other places. You'd rather sacrifice your income, your safety, deal with insane traffic and real estate markets, just to be able to live here. If you ever got a chance to actually visit both Norcal and SoCal and ingrain yourself into the actual experience and potential, you'd see why you'd never want to leave.
Actually you can check out any time you like, but you can NEVER leave

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what he's doing these days. I do remember he was or is in Africa. Not sure for what reason though. If he was hiding out it wouldn't surprise me. He seems like a bit of a recluse.
Cracked under the pressure of that 50 million contract.

Apologies if I offended you or any other Ohioans.

ImI just poking wiggy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wiggy can discuss all the downsides of everywhere else, Ohio's shortcomings are fair game.

Check the paper trail.

I don't care what wiggy's saying, he can be a hot air machine @ times. I stand by what I said. Although if I had to pick between Ohio or Cali I'd prefer a 3rd option. All states have their pluses & minuses.

I would never say Ohio's a better place to live than Cali. Well depending on what part you're talking about. Myself I want nothing to do w/ SoCal. But from what I've heard there are some nice places in NorCal.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cracked under the pressure of that 50 million contract.

Apologies if I offended you or any other Ohioans.

ImI just poking wiggy.

Not offended @ all. After all I don't even live there anymore. I should have read a few more comments before I posted anything. Didn't realize wiggy was being wack again.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not offended @ all. After all I don't even live there anymore. I should have read a few more comments before I posted anything. Didn't realize wiggy was being wack again.
You know you are all good with me, Wamupedia.

Lord knows how many pages this pissing contest goes back.....lol

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, the generalization that NO one would pick OH over CA is ridiculous. I agree with you there. I'm also not trying to shit on OH either. I'm sure it's an amazing place. For me personally, after my experience living in CA, there's no place I'd rather be despite all the downside that Wiggy has listed. It suits my lifestyle and my quality of life. To each their own though.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what wiggy's saying, he can be a hot air machine @ times. I stand by what I said. Although if I had to pick between Ohio or Cali I'd prefer a 3rd option. All states have their pluses & minuses.

I would never say Ohio's a better place to live than Cali. Well depending on what part you're talking about. Myself I want nothing to do w/ SoCal. But from what I've heard there are some nice places in NorCal.

Hawaii FTW.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough.

I wouldn't pull over to let my dog take a piss anywhere near Toledo, Cleveland, Youngstown or Columbus.

She'd simply have to hold it until we get to Detroit.

We might get caught in a drive by.

But, at least we won't be held as a sex slave in some Dudes basement for 10 years.

Same applies to a few Cities in CA.

Real talk.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Check the paper trail.
yah all those serial killers that are a detriment to every day life...:L

and if you are actually being factual- isntead of anecdotal bullshit- California has 3 of the top 30 cities in the US in murder rate

#18, #17 and #9

Ohio has 2- #23 and #14

Gun violence in the United States by state - Wikipedia

and California has a higher murder rate overall than Ohio

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lloyd: Tristan Thompson is everything the Cavs were missing...

About a month after LeBron James announced his return to Cleveland, Tristan Thompson was already preparing for his exit.

Thompson was a guest at former Cavs assistant coach Jamahl Mosley’s wedding during the summer of 2014, just a few weeks after Cleveland erupted over the news James was coming home. Thompson was chatting at the San Diego wedding with David Fizdale, who was still an assistant with the Miami Heat and one of those coaches whom James admires and deeply respects. Fizdale’s best piece of advice for Thompson was to soak up everything LeBron was about to show him, then prepare to apply it when the time was right.

“Once he leaves,” Fizdale told Thompson, “you’ve got to show everyone what he’s taught you.”

As the Cavs are struggling to get off the mat after a 2-12 start, as injuries mount and the bleak reality of life without LeBron once again settles over this organization, Fizdale’s words are echoing in Thompson’s head. It’s why he is exactly what this team needs as it enters another dark era of basketball.

Thompson is what the Cavs didn’t have the first time James left: a veteran leader who can police a locker room and hold young guys accountable. It’s part of the reason Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters never got along. It’s why, more than once, the Cavs’ locker room from 2010-14 was referred to as a preschool full of children.

Yes, this team is going to lose a lot of games, but Thompson can be the one to show them the right way to prepare. He shows up every day, he’s rarely hurt and he gives great effort every night.

As James’ lone trip to Quicken Loans Arena looms next week, the fallout from his departure is ongoing. The Cavs will have plenty of decisions to make between now and February’s trade deadline. Veterans like George Hill, JR Smith and Kyle Korver could be gone by then. But Thompson, even with his $17.5 million contract this year, needs to be the one to stay.

He’s off to the best start of his career, and he wants to do this. For the guy who for years has described his role as bringing a hard hat to work, now he really needs one. The Cavs are under construction. Thompson should be anointed foreman.

“For me and my career, this is a great experience for me. I think this is the next step that I needed,” he said. “I’m embracing it. Obviously it’s not the record we want, but I think it’s time for me to evolve as a player and show everyone what I can do. Not just on the court but in terms of leadership and conducting myself the right way. This is a great opportunity for me.”

The first time James departed, the roster was a mismatch of busted parts and misfit pieces. Anthony Parker and Antawn Jamison were the veterans, but they weren’t a vocal presence in the locker room. Jamison was miserable the entire season after LeBron left. He looked like he’d been dropped into Oz — the prison, not the yellow brick road — and counted the days until he could escape.

After riding such a high the past four years, Thompson could’ve pouted when James left. He could’ve asked to be traded like Kyrie Irving did. Thompson and Irving entered the league together as part of the same draft class. He could’ve asked for a buyout. Instead, he went to work.

He brought his personal chef with him all summer, changed up his diet (fewer carbs) and trimmed his already lean body fat. He lifted more weights. Thompson acknowledges now he was badly injured last year and the bill finally came due for all the nights he pushed through to keep his since-retired consecutive games-played streak intact.

It’s still awfully early, but he looks again like the player who was so pivotal in helping this franchise win a championship. He’s averaging a double-double for the first time in his career, and his 18.6 PER is easily the best of his eight seasons.

He paid close attention to James’ time in Cleveland and is now trying to mimic it. He shows up early and stays late like LeBron used to, he’s more vocal in film sessions and he ripped teammates early this season for not following defensive schemes.

“Everybody knows when LeBron was here he was our leader. Now that he’s gone, who’s going to take the bull by the horns?” Larry Drew said. “I think Tristan has taken a step back and he’s probably looked in the mirror and said, ‘I’ve been here, I’ve won a championship, maybe it’s me.’ It looks like that’s his approach as far as the examples he’s been setting, particularly in practice.”

Thompson was mocked around the league for insisting the Eastern Conference still goes through Cleveland until somebody beats them. Well, a lot of somebodies have already beaten them and it’s clear by now this is not a playoff team. Still, Thompson doesn’t regret what he said.

“The facts are the facts. I told the truth. I didn’t lie,” Thompson said. “Those guys got sensitive about it, which I liked, because it shows you how sensitive athletes are and we all know that.”

It’s evident by now Thompson knew sooner than most James wasn’t returning, but he isn’t interested in talking much about last summer. But he insists his relationship with Koby Altman and Dan Gilbert isn’t strained by his ties to James. Thompson and Smith, after all, are still Klutch clients. But Thompson knew Altman before he became GM and he says Gilbert loved him since his private workout prior to the 2011 draft.

“LeBron prepared me, Swish and K-Love for whatever else comes our way in our career,” Thompson said. “And we give him a lot of praise for that. He probably didn’t even know he did that. But I took it that he was molding his guys to get them prepared for the next chapter in their life.”

The next chapter has officially started. Thompson is holding the pen. Now isn’t the time for the Cavs to take it out of his hand.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lloyd: Tristan Thompson is everything the Cavs were missing...

About a month after LeBron James announced his return to Cleveland, Tristan Thompson was already preparing for his exit.

Thompson was a guest at former Cavs assistant coach Jamahl Mosley’s wedding during the summer of 2014, just a few weeks after Cleveland erupted over the news James was coming home. Thompson was chatting at the San Diego wedding with David Fizdale, who was still an assistant with the Miami Heat and one of those coaches whom James admires and deeply respects. Fizdale’s best piece of advice for Thompson was to soak up everything LeBron was about to show him, then prepare to apply it when the time was right.

“Once he leaves,” Fizdale told Thompson, “you’ve got to show everyone what he’s taught you.”

As the Cavs are struggling to get off the mat after a 2-12 start, as injuries mount and the bleak reality of life without LeBron once again settles over this organization, Fizdale’s words are echoing in Thompson’s head. It’s why he is exactly what this team needs as it enters another dark era of basketball.

Thompson is what the Cavs didn’t have the first time James left: a veteran leader who can police a locker room and hold young guys accountable. It’s part of the reason Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters never got along. It’s why, more than once, the Cavs’ locker room from 2010-14 was referred to as a preschool full of children.

Yes, this team is going to lose a lot of games, but Thompson can be the one to show them the right way to prepare. He shows up every day, he’s rarely hurt and he gives great effort every night.

As James’ lone trip to Quicken Loans Arena looms next week, the fallout from his departure is ongoing. The Cavs will have plenty of decisions to make between now and February’s trade deadline. Veterans like George Hill, JR Smith and Kyle Korver could be gone by then. But Thompson, even with his $17.5 million contract this year, needs to be the one to stay.

He’s off to the best start of his career, and he wants to do this. For the guy who for years has described his role as bringing a hard hat to work, now he really needs one. The Cavs are under construction. Thompson should be anointed foreman.

“For me and my career, this is a great experience for me. I think this is the next step that I needed,” he said. “I’m embracing it. Obviously it’s not the record we want, but I think it’s time for me to evolve as a player and show everyone what I can do. Not just on the court but in terms of leadership and conducting myself the right way. This is a great opportunity for me.”

The first time James departed, the roster was a mismatch of busted parts and misfit pieces. Anthony Parker and Antawn Jamison were the veterans, but they weren’t a vocal presence in the locker room. Jamison was miserable the entire season after LeBron left. He looked like he’d been dropped into Oz — the prison, not the yellow brick road — and counted the days until he could escape.

After riding such a high the past four years, Thompson could’ve pouted when James left. He could’ve asked to be traded like Kyrie Irving did. Thompson and Irving entered the league together as part of the same draft class. He could’ve asked for a buyout. Instead, he went to work.

He brought his personal chef with him all summer, changed up his diet (fewer carbs) and trimmed his already lean body fat. He lifted more weights. Thompson acknowledges now he was badly injured last year and the bill finally came due for all the nights he pushed through to keep his since-retired consecutive games-played streak intact.

It’s still awfully early, but he looks again like the player who was so pivotal in helping this franchise win a championship. He’s averaging a double-double for the first time in his career, and his 18.6 PER is easily the best of his eight seasons.

He paid close attention to James’ time in Cleveland and is now trying to mimic it. He shows up early and stays late like LeBron used to, he’s more vocal in film sessions and he ripped teammates early this season for not following defensive schemes.

“Everybody knows when LeBron was here he was our leader. Now that he’s gone, who’s going to take the bull by the horns?” Larry Drew said. “I think Tristan has taken a step back and he’s probably looked in the mirror and said, ‘I’ve been here, I’ve won a championship, maybe it’s me.’ It looks like that’s his approach as far as the examples he’s been setting, particularly in practice.”

Thompson was mocked around the league for insisting the Eastern Conference still goes through Cleveland until somebody beats them. Well, a lot of somebodies have already beaten them and it’s clear by now this is not a playoff team. Still, Thompson doesn’t regret what he said.

“The facts are the facts. I told the truth. I didn’t lie,” Thompson said. “Those guys got sensitive about it, which I liked, because it shows you how sensitive athletes are and we all know that.”

It’s evident by now Thompson knew sooner than most James wasn’t returning, but he isn’t interested in talking much about last summer. But he insists his relationship with Koby Altman and Dan Gilbert isn’t strained by his ties to James. Thompson and Smith, after all, are still Klutch clients. But Thompson knew Altman before he became GM and he says Gilbert loved him since his private workout prior to the 2011 draft.

“LeBron prepared me, Swish and K-Love for whatever else comes our way in our career,” Thompson said. “And we give him a lot of praise for that. He probably didn’t even know he did that. But I took it that he was molding his guys to get them prepared for the next chapter in their life.”

The next chapter has officially started. Thompson is holding the pen. Now isn’t the time for the Cavs to take it out of his hand.
TL DR

Is there any reason you post whole articles instead of links?