• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think I’ve posted in here all season...but Jimmy Butler?!? Yeah, that deserves a post.

Now they’ve just got to trade for Beal, sign Kawhi in the offseason, and Zhaire Smith turns into a superstar and this team might be able to beat Golden State.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allowing 47% (23rd in the NBA)

Ariza and Luc were 2 excellent perimeter defenders.....

I think it's a combination but when you allow teams to shoot that high......not good.

Their offense is only making 41% and 32% but I don't think they forgot how to shoot......D'Antoni's strength is the offensive side of the ball....they are more likely to figure that out then they are the defensive woes.

17th DEF EFF is just fine for a D'Antoni team. The problem is very clearly their offense. Most Rockets fans will be perfectly fine if you told them they finish middle of the road in defense and top 10 in ppg allowed (currently 7th).

Last year they allowed 46% from the field and did just fine. Once again, the problem is on offense.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. For sure

Now, you and I might not agree on what that potential is, but I think Ball needs to be on a team like Toronto where he has a plethora of shooters around him and the ball moves freely.

Now, living up to his potential might not equate to living up to the number 2 pick. But that isn't his fault if people overrated his potential coming out of college.

Yeah his numbers have dropped since James was added but he's improved his shooting this season. He'd be better on a team that doesn't have a point forward like James.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17th DEF EFF is just fine for a D'Antoni team. The problem is very clearly their offense. Most Rockets fans will be perfectly fine if you told them they finish middle of the road in defense and top 10 in ppg allowed (currently 7th).

Last year they allowed 46% from the field and did just fine. Once again, the problem is on offense.

Too soon?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too soon to be discussing this?

It's not 20-25 games into the season. LOL.

I'm discussing what I've seen from them so far this season. I'm not acting like how I think they'll continue to play for the next 71 game.....there is a difference

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lord, Notre Dame's gonna rip us a new one...

...AGAIN ...:L

Yeah they are. Some say that beating both UCLA and Notre Dame could save Helton's job.

But after that crap last night...I'm not so sure.

The turning point was that bad snap that ended up in a safety. The shotgun snap has been a problem all season long, but hadn't really cost them too much.

But after that snap last night, Isaiah Langley was chirping at the offense, the offense was chirping back and the team just seemed to split.

Then there was Biggie Marshall getting an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that kept that last drive going when the offense was about to get the ball back with enough time to win the game.

It's that meltdown that may cost Helton his job.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt CP shoots 39% and 29% for the season.

I doubt Gordon shoots 33% and 23%.

Those 2 are shooting really bad.

And let's not discuss Melo because he probably isn't there much longer and he isn't all the problem either.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something people forget.......Magic was also very impatient as a HC......

Yeah he was. He could never understand why losses didn't seem to bother those players like they did him. Also couldn't understand why they couldn't see what he could.

I used to laugh about that and think "because they aren't you, Magic". lol

It's why superstars don't typically make good coaches and why I've always laughed when people have suggested Kobe should coach.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he was. He could never understand why losses didn't seem to bother those players like they did him. Also couldn't understand why they couldn't see what he could.

It's why superstars don't typically make good coaches and why I've always laughed when people have suggested Kobe should coach.

Yep.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shannon Sharpe said it the other day. Magic is this way because he is so used to winning fast in everything he did in his career since college basketball.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they are. Some say that beating both UCLA and Notre Dame could save Helton's job.

But after that crap last night...I'm not so sure.

The turning point was that bad snap that ended up in a safety. The shotgun snap has been a problem all season long, but hadn't really cost them too much.

But after that snap last night, Isaiah Langley was chirping at the offense, the offense was chirping back and the team just seemed to split.

Then there was Biggie Marshall getting an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that kept that last drive going when the offense was about to get the ball back with enough time to win the game.

It's that meltdown that may cost Helton his job.

UCLA-USC is gonna be fun this year. We've been showing signs of life and USC has been sliding into the shitter.....

:heh:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always fun (and easy) to bust on Melo...but I agree, he is not the problem. For the first time in his career, D'Antoni had a team that actually played defense. Ariza and Luc were a big reason for that.

Melo is what he is, an offensive black hole that doesn't play defense. Can't replace the 2 guys who were driving your defense with that and expect to be better.

Exactly.

But, defensive efficiency.....LOL.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA-USC is gonna be fun this year. We've been showing signs of life and USC has been sliding into the shitter.....

:heh:

Yeah, from a talent perspective, USC should win the game by a couple of touchdowns.

But, combine what I saw last night with the fact that UCLA has started to show flashes here and there of what they can be in a couple of years and that UCLA will look at this as their bowl game....

Has me feeling a bit less than confident, to say the least. lol

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, from a talent perspective, USC should win the game by a couple of touchdowns.

But, combine what I saw last night with the fact that UCLA has started to show flashes here and there of what they can be in a couple of years and that UCLA will look at this as their bowl game....

Has me feeling a bit less than confident, to say the least. lol

Just a little friendly trash talking, I can do that with you and CL67.....I was feeling like shit 2 games into the season and you stirring the pot with your comments.....

Some UW fan gave me a bet of under 1.5 wins on the year and I snapped that up in a second......we did it.

I think we could win but it'll be a close game......we also could lose.....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little friendly trash talking, I can do that with you and CL67.....I was feeling like shit 2 games into the season and you stirring the pot with your comments.....

Some UW fan gave me a bet of under 1.5 wins on the year and I snapped that up in a second......we did it.

I think we could win but it'll be a close game......we also could lose.....

The longer the game stays close, the better it is for you guys. Especially if the offense and defense are as divided as they looked last night.

This team is starting to feel like Kiffin's last full season when we finished 7-6 with a loss in some crappy 3rd tier bowl game.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The longer the game stays close, the better it is for you guys. Especially if the offense and defense are as divided as they looked last night.

This team is starting to feel like Kiffin's last full season when we finished 7-6 with a loss in some crappy 3rd tier bowl game.

Who do they go after if/when they fire Helton?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to try and play smash mouth football vs USC.....Kelley is really good and I believe the Trojans have been susceptible to the running game this season.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks tonight.....WE SHOULD improve to 7-6.....