• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do they go after if/when they fire Helton?

That's the problem. I really don't know.

There have been rumors that Urban Meyer may be on his way out at tOSU and that USC might have interest in him.

I don't know how I'd feel about that. On the one hand, the dude wins and gets his teams into NC contention.

On the other hand, the NCAA always seem to come knocking and things don't seem to end well for him.

I've always said that it's rarely a good idea to fire a coach until you have a pretty good idea about who you want and have a good idea that you can get him.

If you look at Helton's overall record...it's hard to make a case to fire him over 1 bad season.

But, when you look at how we have performed in marquee games...there is a good case to fire him.

The best thing may be to quietly start reaching out to possible replacements to gauge interest and see where that leads.

At the very least, we need an overhaul of assistant coaches, especially on the offensive side of the ball. If it were up to me, the only coach whose job would be safe is our DC, Pendergast.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem. I really don't know.

There have been rumors that Urban Meyer may be on his way out at tOSU and that USC might have interest in him.

I don't know how I'd feel about that. On the one hand, the dude wins and gets his teams into NC contention.

On the other hand, the NCAA always seem to come knocking and things don't seem to end well for him.

I've always said that it's rarely a good idea to fire a coach until you have a pretty good idea about who you want and have a good idea that you can get him.

If you look at Helton's overall record...it's hard to make a case to fire him over 1 bad season.

But, when you look at how we have performed in marquee games...there is a good case to fire him.

The best thing may be to quietly start reaching out to possible replacements to gauge interest and see where that leads.

At the very least, we need an overhaul of assistant coaches, especially on the offensive side of the ball. If it were up to me, the only coach whose job would be safe is our DC, Pendergast.

Is Daniels the future at QB? He's looked good and also looked meh....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Daniels the future at QB? He's looked good and also looked meh....

I think so. When the snap is good and he has time, he's shown a really nice touch, especially on deep throws. He and Amon-Ra St. Brown have the chance to be really special for the next couple of seasons.

The biggest issue for him, imo, was the o-line. When you struggle to even get the snap right and you're starting a true freshman at QB, that's not a combo that screams success. lol

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting up a bet in the BE if anybody wants it.

Lakers -11.5 tonight vs the Hawks.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so. When the snap is good and he has time, he's shown a really nice touch, especially on deep throws. He and Amon-Ra St. Brown have the chance to be really special for the next couple of seasons.

The biggest issue for him, imo, was the o-line. When you struggle to even get the snap right and you're starting a true freshman at QB, that's not a combo that screams success. lol

Isn't he from Mater Dei in Santa Ana? They churn out the QB's to USC.....LOL.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't he from Mater Dei in Santa Ana? They churn out the QB's to USC.....LOL.

Yep. So is St. Brown. Those two have actually been teammates since 8th grade. lol

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Celtics, Raptors, Bucks and probably Sixers would all be better than them. That's how.

Smartest thing you've posted since he left.

LeBron James Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

26.5 ppg, 7.9 rpg and 7.8 apg is 27, 8, 8. Even you can't be dumb enough to dispute that.

lol

Nope, you're not butthurt at all. :pound:

Because the Celtics, Raptors, Bucks and probably Sixers would all be better than them. That's how."

Lets see since Lebron signed with the cavs this board has had the Bulls, The 60 win Atlanta team and Toronto all ahead of the Cavs each year. Even last year it was said the cavs couldn't just flip a switch once the playoffs come and make it back to the finals....I guess 5th times the try?

Why would i be butthurt that the lakers are a medicore basketball team? In the NBA you want to be either the best or the worst. The lakers are neither. It doesn't mean a thing without the ring, and i assume they signed lebron to try and win a ring? When exactly is this going to happen?:lol:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 pretty intriguing games on the docket tonight:

Indiana @ Houston
Milwaukee @ Denver
Boston @ Portland

Rox could easily go 5-5 (or worse) over their next 10. Got some tough games with a couple east coast road cupcakes that might not be so easy mixed in.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Celtics, Raptors, Bucks and probably Sixers would all be better than them. That's how."

Lets see since Lebron signed with the cavs this board has had the Bulls, The 60 win Atlanta team and Toronto all ahead of the Cavs each year. Even last year it was said the cavs couldn't just flip a switch once the playoffs come and make it back to the finals....I guess 5th times the try?

Why would i be butthurt that the lakers are a medicore basketball team? In the NBA you want to be either the best or the worst. The lakers are neither. It doesn't mean a thing without the ring, and i assume they signed lebron to try and win a ring? When exactly is this going to happen?:lol:

That isn't true at all.

The majority of posters here have picked the Cavs to go to the Finals every year they had LeBron.

It is just that most of us also predicted a loss to a better Warrior team each season.

Be thankful you got 1.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't true at all.

The majority of posters here have picked the Cavs to go to the Finals every year they had LeBron.

It is just that most of us also predicted a loss to a better Warrior team each season.

Be thankful you got 1.

It is very true, all you have to do is go back to the old posts and see it for yourself.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is very true, all you have to do is go back to the old posts and see it for yourself.

I don't have to. I remember.

Many, including me said they were vulnerable at times. Especially last year.

But when chips were down and people were asked to pick a team just about every neutral poster picked Cleveland to come out of the East.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have to. I remember.

Many, including me said they were vulnerable at times. Especially last year.

But when chips were down and people were asked to pick a team just about every neutral poster picked Cleveland to come out of the East.

Here is a good start for you...

The Cleveland Cavaliers Thread

Here is some funny comments i noticed in my quick scan...

I am wondering when Lebron starts to decline as a player. He didn't win any championships until he was close to the age Kobe was when he(Kobe) won his fourth and fifth championships, so I don't think Lebron has more than two or three years at the top. Once the Heat loses some of those old goats like Ray Allen and Dwayne Wade - I think he will stop winning championships" (March 2014) TLF

He will probably start declining next season when around the time he turns 30. (march 2014) Botslayer

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You want to settle the bet now? The Lakers may be 7-6 after tonight.

The Cavs look like the sorriest team in the NBA after that 1 point loss to an injury laden Bulls team.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to settle the bet now? The Lakers may be 7-6 after tonight.

The Cavs look like the sorriest team in the NBA after that 1 point loss to an injury laden Bulls team.

the fall of the "once mighty Cavs" has been enjoyable. i'll get to feeling sorry for them at some point...

but not just yet...:heh:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a good start for you...

The Cleveland Cavaliers Thread

Here is some funny comments i noticed in my quick scan...

I am wondering when Lebron starts to decline as a player. He didn't win any championships until he was close to the age Kobe was when he(Kobe) won his fourth and fifth championships, so I don't think Lebron has more than two or three years at the top. Once the Heat loses some of those old goats like Ray Allen and Dwayne Wade - I think he will stop winning championships" (March 2014) TLF

He will probably start declining next season when around the time he turns 30. (march 2014) Botslayer

OMG.

Please do better.

TLF was projecting his eventual decline years down the. He said nothing about the Cavs not winning the East and he is not exactly the most knowledgeable poster on here.

As for botslayer? Please. He was a bigger troll than you and dorioanro combined.

Please find a quote from a respected non-homer projecting somebody other than Cleveland to come Out of the East.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, now that I think about it.

Botslayer might be dorianro