• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 games and Mr Chandler has made an immediate impact on the Lakers defense and their rebounding.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of vitamins......took one of Stacey's lady vitamins......looks like a fucking horse pill.

If I start growing a set of boobs.....I'm gonna sit around and fondle them.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @this article, especially the title.

Of course Lebron has influence over the Lakers decisions. So did Kobe, so did Shaq, hell...so did Magic when he was a player. It's foolish for a franchise to not allow their best player to have an influence.

If the Chandler deal really was facilitated by Lebron calling in a favor from James Jones, that's great too. It would be pretty stupid to not use that connection to improve the team.

I'd say Lebron's influence with the Lakers is more Heat-like than Cavs-like.

As for Magic being impatient...he's always been impatient when it comes to losing. He was the same way as a player. People don't really see it because of his charm and charisma, but he's always been like that.

Something people forget.......Magic was also very impatient as a HC......

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think he can reach his potential on another team?

Yes. For sure

Now, you and I might not agree on what that potential is, but I think Ball needs to be on a team like Toronto where he has a plethora of shooters around him and the ball moves freely.

Now, living up to his potential might not equate to living up to the number 2 pick. But that isn't his fault if people overrated his potential coming out of college.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think he's a bust.

Only people who think that are the one's that believed the bullshit Magic and Lavar was spewing.

I have to say, Russell would fit better with Lebron.

Major reason, he's a scorer, and really nothing else.

All the things that Ball does really well, Lebron does better.

So, it's not an ideal pairing...imo.

Depends. I think a lot depends on what is expected from Lebron. If it's going to be all Lebron all the time like it was in Cleveland...then Lonzo really has nothing to do because he's not aggressive about scoring.

But, if they are truly trying to lighten his load a bit, then Lonzo fits much better. The 2 of them have actually shown some decent chemistry at times, they just need to continue working on it.

Having said that, Lebron and Lonzo were always going to be the toughest to fit together because, as you point out, Lebron is better at pretty much everything Lonzo does well. So there are still a lot of times where Lonzo looks like a spectator.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo is not the problem in Houston.

He isn't the solution either, but he isn't the problem.

Losing Ariza, and to a lesser extent Luc Richard has really hurt. That and the fact that harden and CP3 simply have not been playing at the level they were last year.

I said that at the time and you did as well......we got ridiculed for it.

James Ennis was supposed to be a good replacement, LOL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. I think a lot depends on what is expected from Lebron. If it's going to be all Lebron all the time like it was in Cleveland...then Lonzo really has nothing to do because he's not aggressive about scoring.

But, if they are truly trying to lighten his load a bit, then Lonzo fits much better. The 2 of them have actually shown some decent chemistry at times, they just need to continue working on it.

Having said that, Lebron and Lonzo were always going to be the toughest to fit together because, as you point out, Lebron is better at pretty much everything Lonzo does well. So there are still a lot of times where Lonzo looks like a spectator.

They also drafted Ball before they knew James was coming....

Fox is legit, but he's a scoer. He had 2 assists in 39 minutes, Ball had 4 in 20 minutes. Ball is a much better passer and rebounder but obviously Fox is a better scorer.

Ball has improved his shooting and that was his biggest criticism as a rookie.....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that at the time and you did as well......we got ridiculed for it.

James Ennis was supposed to be a good replacement, LOL.

Houston defense isn't the problem. The offense is

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In their last 4 games they have scored 89,80,98, and 96. They did not give up 100+ points in any of those games.

Houston is ranked 27th in OFF EFF while they're ranked 17th in DEF EFF.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo is not the problem in Houston.

He isn't the solution either, but he isn't the problem.

Losing Ariza, and to a lesser extent Luc Richard has really hurt. That and the fact that harden and CP3 simply have not been playing at the level they were last year.

It's always fun (and easy) to bust on Melo...but I agree, he is not the problem. For the first time in his career, D'Antoni had a team that actually played defense. Ariza and Luc were a big reason for that.

Melo is what he is, an offensive black hole that doesn't play defense. Can't replace the 2 guys who were driving your defense with that and expect to be better.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of both to be honest.

Last year's team was good enough to beat you either way, with stops on D or by simply outscoring you. This year's team hasn't consistently been able to do either. At least not yet.

But they are too talented not to turn it around.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw that in the NCAA tournament too. Should not be a surprise to anybody.

I will go out a limb and say Ball never reaches his potential as LeBron's sidekick in LA. He can help the Lakers for sure, but a trade would suit him. And maybe the Lakers too.

Yeah, I like Lonzo and hope the Lakers keep him. But unless he and Lebron can figure something out, it may be best for both Lonzo and the Lakers if he went to another team.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Allowing 47% (23rd in the NBA)

Ariza and Luc were 2 excellent perimeter defenders.....

I think it's a combination but when you allow teams to shoot that high......not good.

Their offense is only making 41% and 32% but I don't think they forgot how to shoot......D'Antoni's strength is the offensive side of the ball....they are more likely to figure that out then they are the defensive woes.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are way overestimating Zubac's trade value.

Seriously though, how long before players like Zubac stop being drafted? Lumbering 7 footers just don't have much of a place in today's game. Used to be you draft the 7 footer as an investment. But now? I would much rather invest in the agile but raw 6'9 guy who might have been viewed as a tweener in years past.

Yeah, Zubac is a nice player. He can be a solid backup. Sort of a poor man's Brooke Lopez. He just doesn't have the athleticism to be a starter in today's game.

He has worked on it and has looked ok the last couple of times I've seen him in the game. But, it's pretty obvious that he's not going to be a starter in the NBA and I agree, they probably don't get much for him in a trade.

Honestly, the very best thing for his development might be to trade him to the Grizzlies for a 2nd round pick or something so he can maybe have a couple of seasons learning from Marc Gasol (a slow, lumbering 7 footer who has figured out how to be a factor. lol).

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In their last 4 games they have scored 89,80,98, and 96. They did not give up 100+ points in any of those games.

Houston is ranked 27th in OFF EFF while they're ranked 17th in DEF EFF.

Too soon to be discussing this?

It's not 20-25 games into the season. LOL.