• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DrbF33_X0AAn93G.jpg

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would, without a doubt, 100%, rather have a chance at Zion Williamson or RJ Barrett than lose in the first round.

OVER half the teams in the NBA make the playoffs. LeBron has been to EIGHT STRAIGHT finals.

Losing in the first round would be a humiliation for him.
Well in the case of the Cavaliers - I agree - their team isn't worth a shit and they need to be rebuilding, so they need to tank and trade for draft picks. Look how quickly Magic Johnson has turned the Lakers around. Now in the Lakers situation, I wouldn't agree because they have a short ways to being a complete rebuild and they need the credibility of winning in order to have a shot at players like Kawhi and Butler, possibly Cousins. We will see if LeBron makes it to the finals Nine Straight but so far he is doing less and trying to get the younger players involved and developed more. That was always a major complaint with Kobe Bryant - when you try to carry the team all of the time like LeBron did in Cleveland - it's a losing formula for the most part - LeBron did get there carrying the team in Cleveland - once, but in the Western Conference - He doesn't have a snow ball's chance in hell trying that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol @this article, especially the title.

Of course Lebron has influence over the Lakers decisions. So did Kobe, so did Shaq, hell...so did Magic when he was a player. It's foolish for a franchise to not allow their best player to have an influence.

If the Chandler deal really was facilitated by Lebron calling in a favor from James Jones, that's great too. It would be pretty stupid to not use that connection to improve the team.

I'd say Lebron's influence with the Lakers is more Heat-like than Cavs-like.

As for Magic being impatient...he's always been impatient when it comes to losing. He was the same way as a player. People don't really see it because of his charm and charisma, but he's always been like that.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course Lebron has influence over the Lakers decisions. So did Kobe, so did Shaq, hell...so did Magic when he was a player. It's foolish for a franchise to not allow their best player to have an influence.

If the Chandler deal really was facilitated by Lebron calling in a favor from James Jones, that's great too. It would be pretty stupid to not use that connection to improve the team.

As for Magic being impatient...he's always been impatient when it comes to losing. He was the same way as a player. People don't really see it because of his charm and charisma, but he's always been like that.

Thats a classic B/R article. How to write an article for Bleacher Report:

1. Spend a week or two collecting articles from reputable writers.

2. Plaigarize them into 1 single incoherent rambling.

3. Come up with a spicy headline that has nothing to do with the content

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do Heat fans feel about Dragic's upcoming free agency? Is he gonna be looking for a max deal?

I can't see Miami bringing him back after his deal expires. He's good but he is a supporting player. Need to be the 3rd/4th best player on a team

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What most people don't understand is that a business man can be polite and charming and still do his job. Magic appears to me to be a perfectionist. I don't think he would have succeeded in business after the NBA if had not been one and it paid off. That being said the charm is deceiving to those who don't understand that business is still business and while some people might be ugly when they fire your ass, Magic simply smiles at them and empowers them to go look for a new job somewhere else while conducting his business.

It's way to soon to be speculating on Walton's demise and the speculation is only a reflection of those that hate the Lakers and are hoping for quick failure. The speculation does not demonstrate any reasonable intelligent thinking