• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His constant QB carousel this season has been the strangest thing I've ever seen. The first red flag was bringing his kid on as a QB coach, where several people who've been to Miami practices stated he doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

I want a fresh new hire the next go around, not someone who's looking to simply fatten up his nest egg right before retirement. He runs an archaic scheme and expects it to still work as it did at FSU in the 90's. This is a rough patch where we're just going to have to stomach it. And unfortunately he's going to be back next year.

He probably lost the team when he benched Perry and put Rosier back in. I know he lost most of the fans with that move. He gives Perry the shortest leash ever and then lets Rosier fuck up the entire game and starts him again the next week. Perry will probably transfer and Rosier will be gone leaving us with possibly ONE QB on the roster next year in J. Will. I can't believe this is what we have the deal after he's had 3 recruiting classes to build some depth.

Yes, Little Richt is a fucking disaster. Nepotism at it's worst. No way Richt will fire him either. We just need to pray he hires an OC in the offseason.

And yeah, after Richt donated a million dollars towards building the indoor practice facility and getting that extension last year, we're stuck with his ass probably the next two years. SMH.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If tbe Warriors are dumb enough to offer Klay less than the max, he is a possibility.

They haven't shown to be stupid people.

I'm telling you, the Lakers are going to trade for Beal.

Watch.

If Davis tries to force a trade, you have to believe it's to the Lakers or Celtics.

So, even if they strike out in free agency, they have other ways to add talent.
hey if they want to spend 25M a year o n Bradley Beale - i am sure they would be welcome to him.

thats a LOOOONG way from Kawhi Leonard or Paul George or Klay Thompson- the pie-in-the-sky true franchsie players that they have been hoping for.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Least the Lakers will make it to the first round - The Cavaliers is never going to see any day light in a few years:pound:
I would, without a doubt, 100%, rather have a chance at Zion Williamson or RJ Barrett than lose in the first round.

OVER half the teams in the NBA make the playoffs. LeBron has been to EIGHT STRAIGHT finals.

Losing in the first round would be a humiliation for him.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which has been more than a couple of times in this young season...

My argument is that he is a better Russ replacement than he is a bonafide 6th man... and because Russ has missed several games, Schroder has had a chance to shine more.

Schroder has definitely played well, though... I'm not arguing otherwise.

In the 7 games Schroder has came off the bench he is averaging around 15 points, 3.5 reb, 6 assists and 2 steals. Not bad.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a bit more evidence that Westbrook's style, while exciting and singularly talented, might not be the best way to win games?
I just want to see OKC when they finally get totally healthy and find some rhythm. Roberson is also going to be an interesting guy to see play with everyone. Hes a top 30 defender in the league.

RW, George, Roberson, Adams, Noel, etc....they could be juggernaut on defense--- especially in the playoffs when the game slows down.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 7 games Schroder has came off the bench he is averaging around 15 points, 3.5 reb, 6 assists and 2 steals. Not bad.
the West is loaded.

Golden State is in their own tier obviously.

But the Thunder, Rockets, Jazz and it looks like, the Nuggets look like they are all really really talented teams.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's take a look at the Cavs' record so far......

That bet is sure looking good right now isn't it?

gotta say their fall off of the contender perch has been mildly entertaining...as has the um... "sudden drop-off" shall we say... of the arrogance of some of their fans...:heh:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to see OKC when they finally get totally healthy and find some rhythm. Roberson is also going to be an interesting guy to see play with everyone. Hes a top 30 defender in the league.

RW, George, Roberson, Adams, Noel, etc....they could be juggernaut on defense--- especially in the playoffs when the game slows down.

Top 30 defender? He’s a top 5 defender out on the wing, don’t think that is up for debate.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

when i say the "Nebraska of South"- i mean that the college game has changed.

Once a powerhouse, Nebraska just cannot get the recruits they used to.

Miami has a different problem- its in a great location, but it is a relatively small private school with limited resources.

Now you see teams like Clemson, a large public university, that have the resources to compete year in and year out.

I doubt if Miami had a time machine and could get a 30 years younger Jimmie Johnson, that they would even be any good. How the college game works just does not lend itself to a team in Miami's situation from being a perennial great team anymore.

Might they have a great year or two here or there when the right guys are juniors/seniors? Sure. Absolutely.

But there days of being a perennial powerhouse and a top team in college football are simply over.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yah--- Cavs suck- and are REALLY sucky without Love.

Hopefully they get Barrett or Williamson. Id prefer that to being slaughtered in the first round.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah maybe with Roberson top 5- you might be able to make that argument. Id just like to see him do it for a longer time frame, and prove that he can come back from injury and be the same guy before I say that he is one of the very top top defenders in the entire league.

At times has he played like that? sure--- can i just give him the total benefit of the doubt? ehh...would like to wait and see to a certain extent before I say hes a top 5 guy- but you can certainly make the argument.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If tbe Warriors are dumb enough to offer Klay less than the max, he is a possibility.

They haven't shown to be stupid people.

I'm telling you, the Lakers are going to trade for Beal.

Watch.

If Davis tries to force a trade, you have to believe it's to the Lakers or Celtics.

So, even if they strike out in free agency, they have other ways to add talent.
I certainly do not think the Warriors will be dumb enough to let Klay go.

I think the most likely scenario is that Durant either stays or goes East to do his own thing- and the original 3 all stay in GSW.

Beale will make about 27M a year. It will take assets to get him as well. Whats a reasonable trade for Beale that will trump other teams offers and give the Lakers a legit shot at getting him? ITs not like the Wiz are desperate to dump his salary. It would cost at LEAST AT LEAST, soemthing like Hart and a first rounder and prob. more (Since there 1st rounders arent worth much).

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah--- Cavs suck- and are REALLY sucky without Love.

Hopefully they get Barrett or Williamson. Id prefer that to being slaughtered in the first round.
Thoughts on Sexton 10 games in?

Way to early take- Thank GAWD you saved the Clippers from themselves by taking him. Because, I am positive that if he and SGA were both still on the board, the Clippers would have drafted Sexton.

More measured, realistic take - It's only been 10 games and all that dissension is equal parts of vets crying about playing time, guys worrying about future contracts as well as Colin's lack of grasp for the game.

He's not Russell Westbrook, Dame Lillard, Curry.

Stop trying to score every play and learn to set the table for others.

All those guys I just named have other guys on the roster that can step into the primary playmaker role.

Even Kemba has Batum.

The Cavs don't have that.

So, If he can't learn to do that, I wouldn't be shocked if you took RJ.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Way to early take- Thank GAWD you saved the Clippers from themselves by taking him. Because, I am positive that if he and SGA were both still on the board, the Clippers would have drafted Sexton.

More measured, realistic take - It's only been 10 games and all that dissension is equal parts of vets crying about playing time, guys worrying about future contracts as well as Colin's lack of grasp for the game.

All those guys I just named have other guys on the roster that can step into the primary playmaker role.

Even Kemba has Batum.

yah thus far Sexton has struggled at times without a doubt. I was really excited about him because of his intangibles and his skills, but he has looked overmatched thus far. He really needs to fill out a little. The game is very fast for him right now.

The case against taking a point guard so early in a rebuild is that point guard is the easiest position to find. the case for it is the guy is supposed to be your floor general and that takes time to develop. I had Sexton in the group with Miles Bridges and Knox that I wanted the Cavs to take and I had Sexton over them. If Love was playing and taking some defenders out of the middle I am sure it would help.

Right now he is at a 42% FG which is actually not bad for a rookie guard. He, without a doubt, needs to develop his floor game better.

With Love hurt, Hill hurt, Cedi hurt now, the dysfunction due to the coaching changes etc. it has not been a great environment to develop in thus far.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even Kemba has Batum.

i think Williamson goes #1 but Barret would be a great #2 pick.

Even Reddish at #3 would be nice. And usaully there is at least 1 guy that comes along through the season- no one had Embiid on their radar pre-college.

But I think that you PROBABLY need a top 4 pick i nthis draft to get an impact guy. A true franchise player you PROBABLY need a top 2 pick.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even Kemba has Batum.

basically, ten games in on the worst team in the league that also has their best player missing a few weeks, with a coaching change, veterans will be imminently traded,- it would be hard for just about anyone to thrive in those conditions.