• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: Magic chides Walton following slow start

In a meeting on Tuesday, following a winless two-game trip, Los Angeles Lakerspresident Magic Johnson admonished coach Luke Walton for the team's sluggish start to the season, league sources told ESPN.

Johnson's cutting appraisal elevated an already acute awareness within the Lakers coaching staff that there are intense and immediate pressures on Walton to deliver the franchise a winner in short order.

Despite Johnson's prior proclamations of needing to allow time for Walton to develop a young roster surrounding four-time MVP LeBron James, evidence is mounting that Walton's job security ultimately depends upon his ability to significantly improve upon a 3-5 record to start the season.

so much for all of that "patience"

#titleorbust

Title or bust, this year? You're the only one saying that. The goal for the Lakers should be getting back to the playoffs. Nothing more. In the loaded WC LeBron isn't carrying this current roster all the way to the Finals. He's not in the much weaker EC anymore.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officially counting down the days until the Lakers fire Luke Walton and hire Mark Jackson. Luke re-joins the Warriors and all will be right with the world.

tenor.gif

T1yHj4q.gif

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Magic

What does he expect? The Lakers will be lucky to make the playoffs and it has nothing to do with Walton.

But as a previous poster said he will be the scapegoat and then LeBron can pick his coach and take over the team

Im sure Ty Lue is rubbing his hands

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Magic

What does he expect? The Lakers will be lucky to make the playoffs and it has nothing to do with Walton.

But as a previous poster said he will be the scapegoat and then LeBron can pick his coach and take over the team

Im sure Ty Lue is rubbing his hands
Ty Lue?

how about DAMON JONES!!!

or

as he is better known as

Amon Ones

No D, no J

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although very true. I don't know what Magic Johnson was expecting. We have 2 large sample sizes with the Heat in 2010 and the Cavs in 2014. Lebron when brought to a new team will struggle out the gates its first month or two; the aforementioned teams also had 2 all-stars with Lebron, respectively.

Lebron doesn't have a bevy of 3-point shooters around him this time and no clear cut all-star next to him either. So, although the slow start by the Lakers isn't ideal, I don't think anyone had realistic expectations that the Lakers were going to be one of the top teams in the league to start the season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love Magic and I think he and Pelinka have done a great job. Especially when considering what they had when they started.

But this is one of those times where Magic just needs to stfu.

Before the season he was talking about being patient. He needs to stick with that.

The Lakers have beaten the teams they should beat and been in the game to the end in the games they have lost (which have all been to teams that were in the playoffs last year).

They've also tried to not lean entirely on Lebron late in those games so that they can see who among the kids, is willing/able to step up.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a meeting on Tuesday, following a winless two-game trip, Los Angeles Lakerspresident Magic Johnson admonished coach Luke Walton for the team's sluggish start to the season, league sources told ESPN.

Johnson's cutting appraisal elevated an already acute awareness within the Lakers coaching staff that there are intense and immediate pressures on Walton to deliver the franchise a winner in short order.

Despite Johnson's prior proclamations of needing to allow time for Walton to develop a young roster surrounding four-time MVP LeBron James, evidence is mounting that Walton's job security ultimately depends upon his ability to significantly improve upon a 3-5 record to start the season.

#titleorbust

I said Walton might be the fall guy.....

#Timevindicates

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic needs to STFU. For one, he's causing problems by even saying anything. And secondly, he's the one that built that heavily flawed roster. You have to be an idiot to think you can hand a coach that mishmash of players he brought in Post-Lebron and think the team will come out guns blazing from the get go. It was always gonna take time for them to gel if it happened at all because again, that roster has some glaring issues.

Not only that, but they have been without Ingram for 4 games and Rondo for 3.

I wonder if how close the losses have been has something to do with it?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#titleorbust

Just because they want to improve upon being under .500 means they expect a title.....

SMH.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walton won't make it to the AS break.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Boogie never tore his Achilles, I think a team built around Holiday, Davis, and Hield could have been more potent over Holiday, Davis, Boogie with more flexibility salary-wise on top of that.

I agree with you.

But, at the same time I will never chastise the Pelicans for making that trade. They took a shot and landed a top 10 player to pair with a rising superstar. It just didn't work out.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic needs to STFU. For one, he's causing problems by even saying anything. And secondly, he's the one that built that heavily flawed roster. You have to be an idiot to think you can hand a coach that mishmash of players he brought in Post-Lebron and think the team will come out guns blazing from the get go. It was always gonna take time for them to gel if it happened at all because again, that roster has some glaring issues.

AND LeClown signed off on it. It ain't like he didn't know what players were gonna be here. Hell, as far as I know he even had input on who'd be on the roster...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Howard get tats?

They look like Shit.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets still look like shit

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love Magic and I think he and Pelinka have done a great job. Especially when considering what they had when they started.

But this is one of those times where Magic just needs to stfu.

Before the season he was talking about being patient. He needs to stick with that.

The Lakers have beaten the teams they should beat and been in the game to the end in the games they have lost (which have all been to teams that were in the playoffs last year).

They've also tried to not lean entirely on Lebron late in those games so that they can see who among the kids, is willing/able to step up.

Like, serious question here:

How are you guys received by your brethren in Lakers Nation?

You two always give the most measured, bipartisan takes.

I was led to believe Lakers fans were incapable of this....lol