• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being sloppy smh. But it was like a spare in a moment type thing. He was just going to the store for a quick second to give his friend some clothes. He didn't let his security team or anybody else know he was going up there. My guess is, since he already gave them the day off, he probably didn't want to bother them. It's all sad.

Reminds me of Abraham Lincoln on the night he was assassinated he gave the secret service the night off

Sad for Nipsey

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeannie Buss about to get on her knees to kiss the rings of LeBron. Ball family about to be out too

i just gotta laugh

magic a few months ago "we arent going to do things like Cleveland"....

well, you succeeded in that Magic!! lol.....

Its just so funny- I was assured- LeBron will not be calling the shots, LeBron will be playing off the ball....LeBron will listen to Magic and Luke.

What actually happened? What everyone who was not a Lakers fan KNEW would happen- LeBron took control of teh franchise and did whatever he wanted to do.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Students @ LeBron James' I Promise school have shown dramatic improvement in test score

The article says according to a report by the N.Y. Times math & reading scores have skyrocketed since the opening in July '18. And 216 of the 240 kids have met or exceeded their expected growth @ the mid-year mark.

You don't have to like LeBron as a basketball player (I don't care for him) but this school he started is a great thing that can't be ridiculed.

This.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice pic, Mecca. But you can smile better than that. Gave me morning wood.

Love the braids....
Lol....thks.

Going to see P!nk at Staples Monday and then I'm taking them out.

To heavy.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6ers started talking about Simmons playing PG well before they drafted Fultz and before he played his first game.

When they drafted Fultz, they viewed him a a Kyrie to Simmons' LeBron. It didn't work, but Simmons was always going to be a primary ball handler for Philly.

Primary ball handler, of course; I wasn't questioning that. I just don't see him as a guard, as I don't see him as someone you want out top, spreading the floor. It's all semantics anyway, doesn't matter for much of anything.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just gotta laugh

magic a few months ago "we arent going to do things like Cleveland"....

well, you succeeded in that Magic!! lol.....

Its just so funny- I was assured- LeBron will not be calling the shots, LeBron will be playing off the ball....LeBron will listen to Magic and Luke.

What actually happened? What everyone who was not a Lakers fan KNEW would happen- LeBron took control of teh franchise and did whatever he wanted to do.

Except he no longer has a no trade clause.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Primary ball handler, of course; I wasn't questioning that. I just don't see him as a guard, as I don't see him as someone you want out top, spreading the floor. It's all semantics anyway, doesn't matter for much of anything.

Maybe it is semantics.

But what is the alternative?

Dude can't shoot past 12 feet.

I would much rather have him handling the ball out top and creating for others (which he is very good at) than playing a wing.

I think you are getting sidetracked by his height. Simmons plays like a point guard, so he is a point guard.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it is semantics.

But what is the alternative?

Dude can't shoot past 12 feet.

I would much rather have him handling the ball out top and creating for others (which he is very good at) than playing a wing.

I think you are getting sidetracked by his height. Simmons plays like a point guard, so he is a point guard.

Nah, it's not his height, it's his total lack of a jumper. Sure, Rondo isn't much of a shooter, but at least he attempts 3s and guards the opposing PG. Again, in today's game it doesn't matter, as everyone is constantly switching on defense anyway.

As far as semantics, I was saying I was getting caught up on semantics, not you (although I guess we both are?).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But who is he? A family friend of Kawhi...

After spending the day in Moreno Valley with Kawhis Family & Friends i’m very confident Leonard will be a Laker come July 1st.
14 hours ago

:noidea:

If Toronto makes it to at least the ECF (which I think they will), I don't see him leaving Toronto.

Having said that, from what I've heard out here, Jeanie wants Kawhi over every other potential player they could sign or trade for, including AD.

On the other hand, I can't imagine Kawhi is terribly impressed with what he's seen this week re: the Lakers.

Then again, add Kawhi to Lebron, sign a couple of solid vet role players and you have a contender no matter who the coach and president are.

End of the day though, it's Kawhi who doesn't say shit...so who the hell knows what he's thinking?

lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

If Toronto makes it to at least the ECF (which I think they will), I don't see him leaving Toronto.

Having said that, from what I've heard out here, Jeanie wants Kawhi over every other potential player they could sign or trade for, including AD.

On the other hand, I can't imagine Kawhi is terribly impressed with what he's seen this week re: the Lakers.

Then again, add Kawhi to Lebron, sign a couple of solid vet role players and you have a contender no matter who the coach and president are.

End of the day though, it's Kawhi who doesn't say shit...so who the hell knows what he's thinking?

lol

The only thing I disagree w/ is w/ LeBron & Kawhi they would be a contender no matter who the HC & prez-o-dent are. If the Lakers would hire Papa Ball as coach & Kanye as prez they be screwed.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand the hype with Ty Lue.

The hype is that Lebron will listen to him.

It's hard to know if he's actually a good coach or not. But at the end of the day, you have to have a coach that your best player will listen to.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I disagree w/ is w/ LeBron & Kawhi they would be a contender no matter who the HC & prez-o-dent are. If the Lakers would hire Papa Ball as coach & Kanye as prez they be screwed.

I strongly disagree.

The first thing Papa Ball would do is sign LiAngelo and LaMelo. Add those 2 to Lonzo and the Lakers wouldn't need Lebron or Kawhi.:nod: