• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So last week it was bad for the Heat to make the playoffs, but now its a bad thing if they miss?
oh no, dont get me wrong- i think getting the better pick is the right way to go- but at this point whats the big difference between the 16th pick and the 14th pick?

the decision should have been made long ago that this was at best a mediocre team that had no kind of real upside. At this point your in shit up to your knees.

If I could possibly think of the worst place in the NBA to be it would be the 9th seed in the East with a cap out team. Its just kinda funny thats where the Heat are at....pretty much exactly what i said would happen with this team years ago.

not good enough to make any noise (or even the playoffs this year apparently), not bad enough to get a decent chance to get your next Dwade.

It comes down to what I have been saying all along --- Heat wont be shit until they get their next big time player that can help attract other big time players. Easiest way to get that is with a high draft pick. Until then you will get what you have got---- a mediocre team really going no where.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh no, dont get me wrong- i think getting the better pick is the right way to go- but at this point whats the big difference between the 16th pick and the 14th pick?

the decision should have been made long ago that this was at best a mediocre team that had no kind of real upside. At this point your in shit up to your knees.

If I could possibly think of the worst place in the NBA to be it would be the 9th seed in the East with a cap out team. Its just kinda funny thats where the Heat are at....pretty much exactly what i said would happen with this team years ago.

not good enough to make any noise (or even the playoffs this year apparently), not bad enough to get a decent chance to get your next Dwade.

It comes down to what I have been saying all along --- Heat wont be shit until they get their next big time player that can help attract other big time players. Easiest way to get that is with a high draft pick. Until then you will get what you have got---- a mediocre team really going no where.

I’ll pass on the 19 win annual seasons.
Enjoy them though if thats your thing.
Again, get back to me when the Cavs and all their shrewdness win something, or even just have a better season then Miami.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I really like about how the Cavs have operated in recent years is the type of guys they bring in. Times are always going to get tough and if you have a bunch of knucklheads and selfish players its awful hard to get out of those tough times that inevitably happen in any team's NBA season. Cavs always wanted to add guys that work hard and have a good attitude whether thats guys like James Jones or Kyle Korver or Larry Nance Jr., or Osman, or Sexton or Richard Jefferson etc. etc. etc.

One of those great guys has been Channing Frye. He is retiring at the end of the year. A guy who, had some moments, but was without a doubt more of a great leader and a great clubhouse presence that kept everyone accountable and everyone moving in the right direction.

The Cavs mobbed him as he left the floor tonight. He was a part of the championship squad and will always be a guy that is remembered fondly in Cleveland, a little bit for his playing ability, but mostly for being a guy that represented the franchise well and was everything you could ask out of a teammate.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, get back to me when the Cavs and all their shrewdness win something, or even just have a better season then Miami.
I dont enjoy the 19 win seasons, but i will without a doubt enjoy a Morant or Barrett, or maybe even a zion if the Cavs can get them.

Those are the type of talents that have the abiltiy to attract other places---- not guys like Bam Adebayo.

I am glad you so enjoyed your extra 18 wins that got you nothing but a worse draft pick and, unless some crazy shit happens, not even a playoff series.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like he was gonna explain...
i would think a 4 game losing streak, and gacking up what was at once a few game lead on the 8th seed would be self explanatory

I mean, what else would call having zero 4 game losing streaks during the regular season from October through most of March-, and then losing 4 in a row during crunch time.

To what? a month ago having a 3 1/2 game lead on the 8 seed? to the powerhouse Pistons, Magic and Nets all beating you for a playoff spot. I would call it choking.

3 spots for 4 teams--- Heat, Magic, Nets and Pistons, --- Heat had a lead and let all three of those teams, none of them exactly the 87 Celtics, pass them up.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Lonzo Ball turns into Elfrid Payton, I think the Lakers would be ecstatic.

@Mecca

guy has done fairly well considering what he once looked like.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When exactly did they have a few games lead for 8th?

Also approaching this week, most logical people (not you) would have known a 4 game stretch that included games against Boston 2X and Toronto wasn't going to end well
i think it showed that they didnt deserve a playoff spot if they couldnt win at least one of those 4 games. Boston has hardly been a great team this year. One of those losses was to the Twolves who are not exactly world beaters.

Cavs just beat the Raptors a couple weeks ago- they are good but its not like they are some unbeatable squad.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL the blatant 2007-08 tank job is PRECISELY how you landed your big three. Because your team wasn't good, it allowed you to deplete your entire payroll by 2010.

And when have the Cavs been better than the cHeat? The last four years before this one, that's when...lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would think a 4 game losing streak, and gacking up what was at once a few game lead on the 8th seed would be self explanatory

I mean, what else would call having zero 4 game losing streaks during the regular season from October through most of March-, and then losing 4 in a row during crunch time.

To what? a month ago having a 3 1/2 game lead on the 8 seed? to the powerhouse Pistons, Magic and Nets all beating you for a playoff spot. I would call it choking.

approaching this week, most logical people (not you) would have known a 4 game stretch that included games against Boston 2X and Toronto wasn't going to end well.

I'm also pretty sure they never had a 3.5 game lead on 8th since the AS break.

It's not choking if you're losing to teams who are much better than you. The only game this week that I was bad about was Friday in Minnesota. Losing to Boston and Toronto shocks nobody

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it showed that they didnt deserve a playoff spot if they couldnt win at least one of those 4 games. Boston has hardly been a great team this year. One of those losses was to the Twolves who are not exactly world beaters.

Cavs just beat the Raptors a couple weeks ago- they are good but its not like they are some unbeatable squad.

Miami been very bad against the top of the East all year long. Once again I know my team much better than you. They have 2 wins against the top 4 this year.

Once again them losing to Boston and Toronto shocks absolutely nobody.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO @WiggyRuss saying the Heat had a 3.5 lead for 8th a month ago?

They were tied for 10th with Charlotte

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat enter this week .5 game up on Orlando with 3 games against Toronto and Boston while Orlando had 2 home games vs Knicks and Atlanta.

It was pretty obvious Heat would be out of the playoffs at the end of the week. It was just a matter of how many games

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And also once again most Heat fans only cared about the playoffs for D-Wade. Otherwise we really didn't care to get in the playoffs this year after seeing how this bunch was playing in the first few months of the season.

They were going to get swept or lose in 5 if they did make it.

Not a big deal at all. Just sucks for D-Wade though.

Heat probably going to end up with a top 12 pick now

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont enjoy the 19 win seasons, but i will without a doubt enjoy a Morant or Barrett, or maybe even a zion if the Cavs can get them.

Those are the type of talents that have the abiltiy to attract other places---- not guys like Bam Adebayo.

I am glad you so enjoyed your extra 18 wins that got you nothing but a worse draft pick and, unless some crazy shit happens, not even a playoff series.

Enjoy watching those players doing WHAT?
Maybe at some point getting back to the playoffs?
Getting from 19 to 35-40 wins after sucking for 2-3+ more years?
Cavs got a generational player with James.
These other guys? Attract top FA's?
Please.
Top FA just aren't going to choose the Cavs.