• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Simmons 6 points in 36 minutes last night.

Only took 5 shots

Weird

Too inconsistent and lack of shots sometimes for him. He can't play like this in the playoffs if the Sixers want to make a run. He did have 13 assists but so did Embiid he needs to at least attack the hoop. 6 shots is unacceptable with the talent he has.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His whole game is weird. At least Giannis will shoot the mid range and 3. Ben won't shoot at all. And when he does, it looks God awful. My 44 yr old jumper looks way better than his. That's sad man.....

I'm sure it is frustrating for Sixers fan, seeing him shoot in practice then shying away from all jumpshots in a game. He will not get any better if he doesn't at least take outside shots.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said the same many times, but it's not like he doesn't know that. So if he goes he must think he can handle it.
also seems like a lot of his issues maybe come from national media or even social media. Not sure it matters where he is.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming from Woj, there's bound to be legitimacy to the report about the Lakers FO. But it's also a lot of speculation from unnamed sources.

I'm sure that no one in the FO is very happy right now, nor should they be. The season was looking good until Christmas, since then, the wheels have come off and they've been made to look inexperienced at best and incompetent at worst.

End of the day, things likely aren't as bad as the report claims...but not as good as they need to be if they are going attract any good FA's this off-season.

What's going on right now at the end of a lost season and just trying to get through game 82, isn't nearly as important as what will be going on when the off-season really gets started.

If they get themselves on the same page by then, they should be fine. If not, it's gonna be a loooooong off-season and likely a loooong season next year too.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebatard recalling a story that Stephen Jackson told about the Malice in The Palace....that they were back and forth talking through the people they punched and Ron Artest deadpan asks

"Are we gonna get in trouble"

:think:

No Ron you guys are fine lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming from Woj, there's bound to be legitimacy to the report about the Lakers FO. But it's also a lot of speculation from unnamed sources.

I'm sure that no one in the FO is very happy right now, nor should they be. The season was looking good until Christmas, since then, the wheels have come off and they've been made to look inexperienced at best and incompetent at worst.

End of the day, things likely aren't as bad as the report claims...but not as good as they need to be if they are going attract any good FA's this off-season.

What's going on right now at the end of a lost season and just trying to through game 82, isn't nearly as important as what will be going on when the off-season really gets started.

If they get themselves on the same page by then, they should be fine. If not, it's gonna be a loooooong off-season and likely a loooong season next year too.
lot of good things that come with LeBron- and he is definitely worth it, and he is still great, easily one of the best, but man he does not make things easy. He can be a real pain in the ass---- especially with a front office that does not seem to be aligned, and has no track record of success.

LeBron just totally ignored Blatt becuase he didnt respect him and his resume. It seems that LeBron is losing faith that Magic and Pelinka and Walton are the right guys for the job.

The Lakers need someone with some big time legitimacy to make everyone get on the same page. Historically that would have been Dr. Buss.

They just dont have someone like that right now - that person that all other parties have to acknowledge and respect- it seems from the reports that LeBron wants to do one thing, Walton has other ideas, MAgic and Pelinka have other ideas, JEanie has other ideas, and there is no unified vision.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lot of good things that come with LeBron- and he is definitely worth it, and he is still great, easily one of the best, but man he does not make things easy. He can be a real pain in the ass---- especially with a front office that does not seem to be aligned, and has no track record of success.

LeBron just totally ignored Blatt becuase he didnt respect him and his resume. It seems that LeBron is losing faith that Magic and Pelinka and Walton are the right guys for the job.

The Lakers need someone with some big time legitimacy to make everyone get on the same page. Historically that would have been Dr. Buss.

They just dont have someone like that right now - that person that all other parties have to acknowledge and respect- it seems from the reports that LeBron wants to do one thing, Walton has other ideas, MAgic and Pelinka have other ideas, JEanie has other ideas, and there is no unified vision.
Exactly....someone needs to tell him to act like a grown up. If he did, possible Blatt keeps his job.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly....someone needs to tell him to act like a grown up. If he did, possible Blatt keeps his job.

Jeanie is said to want to run the Lakers like her Dad. Hopefully, she will do that and get everyone on the same page by the time the off-season starts.

Imo, they need to handle Lebron similar to how they dealt with Kobe, who could also be a bit demanding. They always got his input on personnel and coaching decisions, but ultimately went with what they felt was best for the franchise whether it was what Kobe wanted or not.

Because Lebron and Rich Paul created much of this mess, they probably need to have Lebron a bit more involved than Kobe usually was because a lot of these guys are probably going to want to hear from Lebron since that's who they'll be on the court with.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got crushed by the W's as expected.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeanie is said to want to run the Lakers like her Dad. Hopefully, she will do that and get everyone on the same page by the time the off-season starts.

Imo, they need to handle Lebron similar to how they dealt with Kobe, who could also be a bit demanding. They always got his input on personnel and coaching decisions, but ultimately went with what they felt was best for the franchise whether it was what Kobe wanted or not.

Because Lebron and Rich Paul created much of this mess, they probably need to have Lebron a bit more involved than Kobe usually was because a lot of these guys are probably going to want to hear from Lebron since that's who they'll be on the court with.

This.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's going on right now at the end of a lost season and just trying to get through game 82, isn't nearly as important as what will be going on when the off-season really gets started.

IMO, this was a humbling experience for Pelinka, Magic, and Lebron. I really believe that they bought into the mystique of the Lakers and Lebron way too much. They had a "if we build it they will come attitude" about free agents and that the rest of the league would demur to them.

Paul George should have been the first indicator to all of them that things aren't going to be that easy. And the AD fiasco hopefully, for their own sake, made it clear that they can't just run rough shod over the league.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...cough....Finals first year with Lebron and title year 2...cough

They treat their players better? That was my point with the comment.

They released a player this season.....a day or 2 before his contract would become permanent.....I think it was McCaw? Maybe I'm wrong on the player but they know it's a business also. Pretty sure it was McCaw but it could have been somebody else.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn right, no defense, all offense. The team defense for the Cavs is brutal.

I know nobody likes the defensive rating stat, but take a look at the worst ratings. An awful lot of starting Cavs, including Sexton, TT, and Cedi at #s 509, 510, and 511 in the league. Chriss at 499, Clarkson at 489, Payne at 488, Love at 483, etc. Worst in the league as a team, 28th in dreb, 29th in steals, last in blocks.

Of course, if a team isn't really trying, that would be most evident on the defensive side of the ball...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They treat their players better? That was my point with the comment.

They released a player this season.....a day or 2 before his contract would become permanent.....I think it was McCaw? Maybe I'm wrong on the player but they know it's a business also. Pretty sure it was McCaw but it could have been somebody else.

Every team does that if a player doesn't work out and has a non-guaranteed contract. No team signs such a player intending to so however; they hope for the best.