• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He simply isn't miles ahead, that's your interpretation based solely on scoring.

For defense, do you prefer steals instead? Defensive rebounds? Blocks? Or should we keep searching to try to find a stat that shows Sexton can defend?

I prefer a score-first PG like many GM's would. Like I said, Sexton needs to work on his vision as a passer but you need perimeter shooters in this league and a guy that can score anywhere on the floor, is explosive and not shy about getting shot. Ball also struggles from the FT line, terrible for a guard to have this trait.

Ball can't do any of that. He can pass. That's about it. There are a ton of PG's that can't defend or just not that good at defending, he is still a rookie so not a huge concern bc you see his effort.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was one game I was happy to lose as a Pacers fan, it would be the last one to Orlando.

If we aren't going to have HCA in the first round, seeing the cHeat out of the playoffs as a result would be a nice consolation prize. :clap:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer a score-first PG like many GM's would. Like I said, Sexton needs to work on his vision as a passer but you need perimeter shooters in this league and a guy that can score anywhere on the floor, is explosive and not shy about getting shot. Ball also struggles from the FT line, terrible for a guard to have this trait.

Ball can't do any of that. He can pass. That's about it. There are a ton of PG's that can't defend or just not that good at defending, he is still a rookie so not a huge concern bc you see his effort.

actually, he can pass, defend, and rebound...

just sayin'...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, did I actually say all that...?

just pointing out the attributes you folks like to leave out...

That's just what it sounded like...he can do a little bit of everything but he can't score. Sounds like a bench player honestly

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is and it isn't. Those young players won't be back, but new ones will be in their place:

Vernon Carey, #2 center, 5 stars, commit
Wendell Moore, #3 SF, 5 stars, signed
Rejean Ellis, #7 SG, 4 stars, signed

Matthew Hurt, PF, 5 stars, considering
Lester Quinones, SG, 4 stars, considering

So far, they're only 10th in incoming class rating, based on the 3 commit/signed players. So tough being Dook....

2019 Basketball Team Rankings

That is a great recruiting haul for anybody.

But last year's class was 1,2 and 3 overall with Jones garnering pretty high rankings too.

Not the same.

If the pieces fit, they could be just as good, just not as talented.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

When the stats don't work in your favor, you can always speculate.
what aare you gonna try and say that ball is better than sexton? really?

here is a stat for you,

Sexton has played in 100% of Cavs games since he has been drafted

Ball has played in 62% of Lakers games since he has been drafted.

lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was one game I was happy to lose as a Pacers fan, it would be the last one to Orlando.

If we aren't going to have HCA in the first round, seeing the cHeat out of the playoffs as a result would be a nice consolation prize. :clap:
kind torn....

seeing the Heat get their ass kicked in the first round would be pretty entertaining- and get a worse draft pick.

honestly- how anyone could give Riley anything more than a "D" for how he has run the franchise the last few years is beyond me.

I admit- dude is a hall of famer...historically a great figure in the game of basketball- but he has sucked at his job the last few years.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what aare you gonna try and say that ball is better than sexton? really?

here is a stat for you,

Sexton has played in 100% of Cavs games since he has been drafted

Ball has played in 62% of Lakers games since he has been drafted.

lol

If your statement was a blanket, Sexton has more trade value than Ball, I'd agree 100%. But I guess it kind of changes the argument when you say no GM would prefer Lonzo over Sexton, which I think is not completely true. Fits matter, so there'd be some difference in how a franchise views the two individual players. Say for example Utah...I think they'd definitely prefer to have a guard like Lonzo next to Donovan Mitchell as opposed to Sexton. There's probably a few others, but Utah was the first to come to mind.

Not saying Lonzo is better or has more value, but saying no GM would prefer Lonzo is kind of short-sighted.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for the Indians fans on here:

@Wamu, @dtgold88, @Shanemansj13

Watching their game on ESPN right now. Looks like they probably win this one, but what is the deal with their front office?

You have a World Series contender core with the best starting rotation in baseball and 2 dynamic superstar bats. But why are they pinching pennies on the bullpen and the rest of their lineup? Ramirez and Lindor are cheap. Santana is good, Kipnis is okay. Hanram started well before cratering and getting cut last season. Bauer has talent, but is he ready? Their OF and catchers are bad offensively.

I just feel like they should be pushing their chips in the middle right now, and instead I hear rumors they were considering a Kluber trade and they are already talking about "enjoying Lindor while we have him".

What are you all thinking about all this?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watching their game on ESPN right now. Looks like they probably win this one, but what is the deal with their front office?

You have a World Series contender core with the best starting rotation in baseball and 2 dynamic superstar bats. But why are they pinching pennies on the bullpen and the rest of their lineup? Ramirez and Lindor are cheap. Santana is good, Kipnis is okay. Hanram started well before cratering and getting cut last season. Bauer has talent, but is he ready? Their OF and catchers are bad offensively.

I just feel like they should be pushing their chips in the middle right now, and instead I hear rumors they were considering a Kluber trade and they are already talking about "enjoying Lindor while we have him".

Not the FO it is ownership. Might have the best FO AND SPs in the game and they are being wasted because Dolan has no will to win.

It's a shame. Say what ya will about Gilbert, but if he was the owner of the Tribe last year we'd be wondering where to play JD Martinez and if they should go after Cain or Yelich....or both.

Dolan blames the fans for not coming, but the guy showed a pulse one offseason since he's been here (when he signed Encarnacion), and attendance went up 33%.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fun fact about the Giants opening day:

Madison Bumgarner had 15 MORE career home runs than all of his starting outfielders combined as of that day. The starting pitcher has 17 and the guys who started the outfield on opening day have 2.

It's gonna be a long year...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the FO it is ownership. Might have the best FO AND SPs in the game and they are being wasted because Dolan has no will to win.

It's a shame. Say what ya will about Gilbert, but if he was the owner of the Tribe last year we'd be wondering where to play JD Martinez and if they should go after Cain or Yelich....or both.

Dolan blames the fans for not coming, but the guy showed a pulse one offseason since he's been here (when he signed Encarnacion), and attendance went up 33%.

Yeah that sucks.

They are like 3-4 players away from being unstoppable. And they don't all have to be JD Martinez types either.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that sucks.

They are like 3-4 players away from being unstoppable. And they don't all have to be JD Martinez types either.
Exactly. They could have signed Nelson Cruz and Marwin Gonzalez. Kept Yan Gomes as he is a very good catcher (you're welcome). Kept Brantley who signed a short, 2-year deal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

When the stats don't work in your favor, you can always speculate.
Nah...you did the usual when one has nothing....go to defense, which is so hard to gauge. and of course ignore the metrics that disprove your theories.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact about the Giants opening day:

Madison Bumgarner had 15 MORE career home runs than all of his starting outfielders combined as of that day. The starting pitcher has 17 and the guys who started the outfield on opening day have 2.

It's gonna be a long year...
The rebuild is finally here
It's gonna be a long 3 years