• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never know until they get to the NBA, but I happen to agree.

Yeah it's just my opinion by watching him. You really do never know, that's the crazy part. I have seen players I thought were way overrated in college, they improved and became very good to great players in the NBA

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait until next year when the NBA is back to a regular schedule.

Playoffs starting in the 2nd week of April is lame.

Season ending in early June is lame
Why did they switch and are you sure it goes back next year?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's just my opinion by watching him. You really do never know, that's the crazy part. I have seen players I thought were way overrated in college, they improved and became very good to great players in the NBA
Let's just hope we have a top 3 and get to find out...or, of course, #1 and no need to worry.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did they switch and are you sure it goes back next year?

They switched it when they started the season earlier while getting rid of 4 games in 5 nights/5 games in 7 nights part of the schedule.

Yep I'm sure. Season starts October 22nd from what I read in bleacher report. This year it started on the 16th

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @ dook

All that talent in Durham & they didn't even make the Final Four.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best case scenarios are:
1. The Cavs get the #1 and Zion.
2. The Cavs get the #3 pick and the 2nd team takes R.J.
3. The Cavs get the #2 and pass on Barrett and get Morant.

The only problem there is I think Morant is pretty far ahead of Barrett now.

It was a conversations couple weeks ago. Ja has passed him by IMO. I don't think Ja falls to 3.

Where things get interesting though?

What if Cleveland gets 2 and Phoenix gets 3?

I bet Phoenix would give a lightly protected first to move up 1 spot and take Morant. And I think there is a chance Cleveland might have Barrett higher on their draft board anyway because of team need and Sexton's presence.

For the record though, I do think Sexton and Morant could play together just fine. Free Sexton up to be a CJ McCollum type scorer/combo guard. And that is who Sexton is anyway.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would jump in with a smart comment here,

But my team lost to a 16 seed last year and is the Final 4 for the first time in 35 years. Meanwhile, coach K has taken Duke 12 times.

Duke was always a little overrated, but it really all came down to their inabilty to make shots consistently. They needed Reddish to be more consistent and 1 more knock down threat on the opposite wing. The pieces are much better than the actual team, IMO, and that played out with all their close calls in the tournament.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would jump in with a smart comment here,

But my team lost to a 16 seed last year and is the Final 4 for the first time in 35 years. Meanwhile, coach K has taken Duke 12 times.

Duke was always a little overrated, but it really all came down to their inabilty to make shots consistently. They needed Reddish to be more consistent and 1 more knock down threat on the opposite wing. The pieces are much better than the actual team, IMO, and that played out with all their close calls in the tournament.

Can't disagree w/ any of this. I really thought Coach K was going to win his 6th title this year. But all of dook's issues were exposed during the Tourney. They'll reload next year like they always do.

And congrats to your Cavs for the Final Four appearance.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't disagree w/ any of this. I really thought Coach K was going to win his 6th title this year. But all of dook's issues were exposed during the Tourney. They'll reload next year like they always do.

And congrats to your Cavs for the Final Four appearance.

Cam Reddish was the issue for the team as a whole this year. Dude was such a disappointment. Zion and RJ lived up to the hype. That dude did not.

As for the game yesterday, it was simply the turnovers that did them in. If you look at the box score, you really won't understand MSU won until you see turnovers/points off turnovers.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke was always a little overrated, but it really all came down to their inabilty to make shots consistently

Not to mention a string of turnovers and otherwise sloppy hectic play by them late in the 2nd half. They also missed some key FT's as well.

Props to Sparty nonetheless.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean anyone who watched Duke most of the year knew they were going to have trouble making the final four/winning the title game.

This was a very flawed team. Poor shooting team from the ft line and 3 point line. Relied too much on RJ and Zion.

Also didn't help that they paired Duke (#1 overall seed) with the top 2 seed.

In reality, MSU should have been in Gonzaga region while Michigan should have been in Duke region.

Also most importantly the tournament is a crapshoot. All it takes is one off day and you're gone as it is single elimination.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Reddish was the issue for the team as a whole this year. Dude was such a disappointment. Zion and RJ lived up to the hype. That dude did not.

As for the game yesterday, it was simply the turnovers that did them in. If you look at the box score, you really won't understand MSU won until you see turnovers/points off turnovers.

Turnovers can be a major difference maker, and they were last night. But 7 of the 17 TO's were committed by RJ. And Zion had 5. It's never a good thing when a teams 2 best players combine for 12 total. Reddish didn't have a good game but Zion & RJ's mistakes need to be mentioned.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean anyone who watched Duke most of the year knew they were going to have trouble making the final four/winning the title game.

This was a very flawed team. Poor shooting team from the ft line and 3 point line. Relied too much on RJ and Zion.

Also didn't help that they paired Duke (#1 overall seed) with the top 2 seed.

In reality, MSU should have been in Gonzaga region while Michigan should have been in Duke region.

Also most importantly the tournament is a crapshoot. All it takes is one off day and you're gone as it is single elimination.

I guess the selection committee didn't watch many dook games to give them the # 1 overall seed. But they usually make mistakes every year. I didn't think a 19-14 Ohio State team deserved an invite.

And it was crazy that they (the committee) put the overall # 2 seed in the same bracket as the # 1 overall seed.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem there is I think Morant is pretty far ahead of Barrett now.

It was a conversations couple weeks ago. Ja has passed him by IMO. I don't think Ja falls to 3.

Where things get interesting though?

What if Cleveland gets 2 and Phoenix gets 3?

I bet Phoenix would give a lightly protected first to move up 1 spot and take Morant. And I think there is a chance Cleveland might have Barrett higher on their draft board anyway because of team need and Sexton's presence.

For the record though, I do think Sexton and Morant could play together just fine. Free Sexton up to be a CJ McCollum type scorer/combo guard. And that is who Sexton is anyway.

Yeah I think Sexton and Morant can play together as well. I think Sexton has proved he is can get better at distributing but he is can be a great scorer AND shooter. Seems like more of a C.J. and Morant can be Damian. Thinking about this combo gets me very excited.

First off, Gilbert when he gets his guy seems to be pretty successful with draft picks imo. He loved Sexton, seems to be a good pick. He has also loved certain guys that Griffin ended up not taking so I love his evaluation on talent.

If CLE does get the #2 I would hope for the franchise's sake they don't have R.J. over Morant...because like you said and what I believe...it isn't close. I think Morant is going to be WAY better than R.J.

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They switched it when they started the season earlier while getting rid of 4 games in 5 nights/5 games in 7 nights part of the schedule.

Yep I'm sure. Season starts October 22nd from what I read in bleacher report. This year it started on the 16th
Yeah I remember them lengthening the season to have more off days but was under impression this year was same as last. Guess not. I kind of like it, but OK either way.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One problem w/ edibles is the inexperience of some people taking them. They don't understand it's not the immediate head-high you get from toking up. Depending on the mg dosage it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour & a half to fully kick in. And people get impatient & decide to eat more of their edible. Then bam! it all kicks in & they're fucked.

Personally I'm a big fan of edibles. They treat me well. But I always know exactly how much I'm consuming.

Yeah, that's why I don't really use them. Even though I know that it can take awhile and usually don't eat anymore after the initial amount, I still usually either eat too much or like the last time, start doing something and am in the middle of it when it kicks in. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda how i feel about the Cowboys...

And the Bruins...

and the Clippers...

ohh, and LeClown ...

There are only a few teams out there I will always talk shit about & dislike. meeeechegan (shocker huh?), dook, BYU, nevaaaada-reeeeno, Cincinnati Bungholes, duh Bronx Bozo's, L.A. Didgers & duh Red Sucks. To be fair though I'm not a fan of any big market MLB team.