• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would prefer Morant. Zion is light years ahead of Morant. I would actually prefer other guys than Barrett..Reddish being one of them. A couple others guys too, that are projected a little later.

I could be way off but I would be pretty disappointed if the Cavs got RJ

Wait, what? Did you even watch Duke this year? Reddish has been terrible. He and Nassir Little of UNC are two of the biggest disappointments in college ball in quite some time.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff chances are gone but them beating the Spurs in a road B2B is still good to see. First series sweep over them in franchise history. Take that Pop!

I've never seen a more bizarre call in a game in my life.

That aside, losing to the Kings is still inexcusable at this point in the season. They're good but come on .

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That aside, losing to the Kings is still inexcusable at this point in the season. They're good but come on .

I can't recall the last time, or if there even was one, that I ever saw Pop get that mad...but he had every right to be.
That ref should be ashamed of himself. Effing terrible. Total bush league nonsense. I know it's a difficult and thankless job, but the level of officiating around the league has really been declining over the last few years imho. NBA/commissioners office need to clean that mess up and soon.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bizarre, yes.

Wrong? Not so sure.

White ran underneath a player trying to get out to contest a shot. That is technically a moving screen. It just looks weird because the defender was in the air.

The refs probably had to call something on that collision, and given the choices I think they picked the right guy.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea what has happened to OKC. I know PG is still nursing a shoulder injury but damn this team has first round exit written all over them for some reason. Clean house and bring in former Sooners Kelvin Sampson, Trae Young, Buddy Hield, and Blake Griffin. Probably be a better team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say he still wasn't 100% right. No one in their right mind would have passed on Blake Griffin in that draft. And he's lived up to the expectation of a #1 pick. 6x Allstar, 4x All NBA among a lot of injury plagued seasons.

In retrospect? Of course he wasn't 100% right. Blake is a nice player, but Steph is a HOFer.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bizarre, yes.

Wrong? Not so sure.

White ran underneath a player trying to get out to contest a shot. That is technically a moving screen. It just looks weird because the defender was in the air.

The refs probably had to call something on that collision, and given the choices I think they picked the right guy.
That's the weirdest moving screen i've ever seen then. Looked like White was trying to get out of the way if anything. don't think his intention was to block the defender's path.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the weirdest moving screen i've ever seen then. Looked like White was trying to get out of the way if anything. don't think his intention was to block the defender's path.

He wasn't trying to get out of the way. That is a pretty common screen when the defense is sagging off. He was trying to screen the big who was the closest man. He just didn't See the other defender who sprinted across the baseline and came from nowhere to contest the shot.

The defender was out of control, but White slid under him and was not in legal screening position. It was unlucky, but the correct call.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just hard for me to believe taht was what you typed after LeBron getting crucified with the Cavs for sitting games for rest.

This wasn't Lebron's decision. Lakers finally convinced him to sit down for the duration. Regardless, this is much more prevalent in today's NBA, so the public opinion has shifted.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are 4-6 in their last 10 games.

if they were 0/10 in their last 10 games they would be TIED for the 7th seed in the lotto-

instead they are tied for the 12th seed in the lotto

7 seed in the lotto has a 32% chance at a top 4 pick

12th seed has about a 7.5% chance at a top 4 pick.

Lakers are destined for a top 2 pick, didn't you know? :heh:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will also say the defender made a terrible play and got very lucky.

He lost his man on the initial action and tried to make up for it by flying at the shooter. Had White not gotten in the way, he might have fouled Forbes. He was totally out of control.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus, what makes it even funnier is that i doubt ANY of MCgee, Rondo or Caruso are even Lakers next year. LOL

talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Caruso should be. McGee, OK. I don't want Rondo back. For all his passing talent, his disappearing act on defense is too destructive.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait until next year when the NBA is back to a regular schedule.

Playoffs starting in the 2nd week of April is lame.

Season ending in early June is lame

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question is if they get 3rd then who do you want?

Yeah, that is a tough one for me. I don't think there is any question they would go RJ. I am seeing a lot of mock drafts that are completely different.
Personally, I would take Reddish or Hunter over Barett. Both are better shooters, both have size and are also extremely athletic. Reddish can be an elite shooter and there arent many things more valuable in this league other than a PG (which the Cavs have).

Morant or Zion would be great though, I am just worried if they get the #2 they take Barrett.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, what? Did you even watch Duke this year? Reddish has been terrible. He and Nassir Little of UNC are two of the biggest disappointments in college ball in quite some time.

He had two ball hogs on his team, I would have thought it was a good fit but obviously it wasn't. I know anything can happen in college but with there talent they were easily better than any other team.
Barrett does have some good vision and passing skills, but he takes a ton of forced shots and is a high turnover guy. Barrett is not a high efficiency guy and doesn't have much of a long range shot. Maybe it will be different in the NBA, but he seems like a Wiggins-type of player, he can very good but his ceiling is lower.

I think Reddish can have a higher ceiling and is less risk...worst case he is a really good shooter. He has the length to be a very good defender. Barrett would be Shabazz Muhammad, that is a low ceiling.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best case scenarios are:
1. The Cavs get the #1 and Zion.
2. The Cavs get the #3 pick and the 2nd team takes R.J.
3. The Cavs get the #2 and pass on Barrett and get Morant.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing about Barrett impresses me.

He can use both hands and good finisher.

Not efficient.
Below average 3 pt shooter
Bad ft shooter for being a guard
High turnover rate

Another Wiggins with less size
Never know until they get to the NBA, but I happen to agree.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, if your win led by Alex Caruso means so much to you in a lost season where the game absolutely means nothing- so be it.

You dont have anthony davis because you didnt have an elite prospect to trade for him.

A 32% chance to go up and get a Ja or a Barrett or even a Zion to be the center piece of a Davis deal?

OR

Alex Caruso and co. getting a few more wins and practically guaranteeing you a middling prospect.

have fun with that.

enjoy your handful of extra wins that mean NOTHING.
what's funny is they essentially ARE tanking but the players didn't do their part. Players don't tank.