• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker falls just short of his third straight 50 burger.

The important question is how's Jammin' Jimmer Fredette doing since he returned to the NBA?

sadasdasd.jpg :pound:

No he won't!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always felt like both sides were being incredibly stubborn.

Obviously on paper it seems like KCP is the fool here but he turns down 5 year 80 million just to take a short deal with the Lakers?

If that is what he wants just give him the short deal then.

Again I don't know the specifics but SVG made very few good decisions in his GM role.

Like...instead paying Jon Leuer and Langston Galloway 18 million combined. Or trading away their absolute best value contract in Morris to land a KCP rental and still signing Langston Galloway to a long term deal?

You can't make this stuff up.

Does he take 2 years 40 million? I don't know but I know it was highly preferable to some of the moves they made.

Hell he was a restricted free agent. Just decline to match the offer.

Yeah, imo, KCP basically gambled on himself. It sucks for him because it looks like he gambled on himself and lost. But I think you have to respect that he had the guts to do it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he would

but haters gonna hate

so instead he played a meaningless month to appease critics he will never appease and the Lakers won games they wouldn't have so they get a worse draft pick.

But little Johnny who has missed the eleventy billion other games Lebron has been in wouldn't have gotten to see him play

I don't think it's really about the critics. If the Lakers already had a playoff spot secured and decided to rest him over the last 6 games, the critics wouldn't be saying anything.

I think things like this are always kind of tough for the players and the team.

On the one hand, with playoffs no longer an option and Lebron being older and apparently still not 100%, it's definitely the prudent thing to do. Shut him down, let him heal and get ready for a hopefully better year next year.

On the other hand, it's expensive to go to an NBA game and no one is paying those prices to see Alex Caruso and KCP. They are paying to see Lebron and both he and the Lakers know this.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's really about the critics. If the Lakers already had a playoff spot secured and decided to rest him over the last 6 games, the critics wouldn't be saying anything.

On the one hand, with playoffs no longer an option and Lebron being older and apparently still not 100%, it's definitely the prudent thing to do. Shut him down, let him heal and get ready for a hopefully better year next year.

On the other hand, it's expensive to go to an NBA game and no one is paying those prices to see Alex Caruso and KCP. They are paying to see Lebron and both he and the Lakers know this.
If the guy is healthy he should probably play as he'll have plenty of time to rest in the offseason. But if it's a matter of health and playing could have longterm risks than sitting is wise IMO.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the guy is healthy he should probably play as he'll have plenty of time to rest in the offseason. But if it's a matter of health and playing could have longterm risks than sitting is wise IMO.

Agree.

Even if you're just putting him out there for 20 or so minutes a game. If healthy, he should at least play some.

According to his trainer, the level of groin strain that he had takes 6 months to heal completely.

Some of that may just be covering for Lebron. The only info I can find says 6 weeks or longer for a more severe strain. The strain happened on Christmas, so while 6 months seems a bit of a stretch, 3-4 doesn't seem unreasonable.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fans should know better then to spend big money in advance for any games the last week of the season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO because your boy is so relevant...

That fella got on my nerves when he was @ BYU. Was treaded his sr. year like the greatest CBB player of all time. Just one problem. Even in college if any team had an athletic/defensive minded G or even SF he would have a bad a game.

I said he'd fail in the NBA because he's too slow, can't guard anyone & has trouble @ times getting his shot off. But I got blasted for my opinion of him. Even though it turned out to be correct.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12

Man something ain't right. Those damn edibles kicked in again. And then I got to thinking how stoned could I get if I put an ounce of Sticky Icky on my charcoal grill & light the muther fuker up. Good thing I ain't driving anywhere today.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess I could buy that narrative more if it was the Pacers or something

What percentage of Lakers tickets arent already spoken for a few months out?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fella got on my nerves when he was @ BYU. Was treaded his sr. year like the greatest CBB player of all time. Just one problem. Even in college if any team had an athletic/defensive minded G or even SF he would have a bad a game.

I said he'd fail in the NBA because he's too slow, can't guard anyone & has trouble @ times getting his shot off. But I got blasted for my opinion of him. Even though it turned out to be correct.

You were right.

And I didn't think he would be more than a 15 minute instant offense guy at best.

But the reality is that the line between Jimmer and Steph coming out of college was pretty thin. Not enough has been made of the work Steph has done to improve his strength and quickness since entering the league.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were right.

And I didn't think he would be more than a 15 minute instant offense guy at best.

But the reality is that the line between Jimmer and Steph coming out of college was pretty thin. Not enough has been made of the work Steph has done to improve his strength and quickness since entering the league.

Speaking of Steph I'll admit I was way off on him. Never questioned his shooting. But I thought the wear & tear of the long regular season would have been too much for him.

As all know I'm not a G.S. fan. But I like watching Steph play. And like I've said before if the Warriors repeat (which I expect) I want Steph to get Finals MVP so he can have a complete resume.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s like 1-11 shooting and a lot of bench sitting.

I saw his #'s the day after that Suns game. I'm sure he was a bit nervous. Or maybe not? Hell I don't know. There's a reason why he got demoted to that league on the other side of the planet.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hate this on so many levels.

Innocent until proven guilty, but damn.

Unfortunately in these cases of he said she said, we will never really know what happeneded that night. If he did it, he deserves to get locked up for a long time. But he won't. People with money almost never get convicted on charges like these because they are just so hard to prove.

That said, now it really makes sense why the Knicks were so eager to trade him and why NOLA didn't want him in an AD trade.
Here is the problem in this situation...

If he did do it, why wait until he refuses to pay your brother's tuition to report it?

Makes it look like extortion.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Steph I'll admit I was way off on him. Never questioned his shooting. But I thought the wear & tear of the long regular season would have been too much for him.

As all know I'm not a G.S. fan. But I like watching Steph play. And like I've said before if the Warriors repeat (which I expect) I want Steph to get Finals MVP so he can have a complete resume.

I've been saying this for years, even if you aren't a fan of the Warriors, if you are a fan of the NBA how can you not enjoy watching Curry and the rest of them play? Curry is the most no-drama superstar since Tim Duncan, the team is on the list of best ever to play, they play the game right with an exciting pass-first offense and lots of defense leading to fast breaks. Yes I get that Draymond (and now Cousins) are jackasses but so was Rodman and people were all about the 90s Bulls.

Someday young people will be all 'oh wow what was it like watching that team?" like young 'uns do today asking about the 90s Bulls and 80s Lakers. And you got to watch them.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the problem in this situation...

If he did do it, why wait until he refuses to pay your brother's tuition to report it?

Makes it look like extortion.

Not 'look like', that's what it is. That's why they reported it to the NBA, that's why the NBA hasn't done anything, that's why the NYPD is not treating it like a simple case. It's almost certainly a girl trying to cash in.

If I'm an NBA guy getting some, I think I'd always pull out my phone before and tell the girl to say into the camera that she's happily about to go to town on me. Once she does that it's all good and if she doesn't, walk away.