• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG.

So happy right now!

This is why I hate fouling at end of games. That chance of the team getting the offensive rebound and tying/winning the game is too high of a risk IMO

Hate to see Purdue lose after they were so close to winning

At least we were right that the lack of upsets in week 1 turned sweet 16/elite 8 into damn good basketball

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I hate fouling at end of games. That chance of the team getting the offensive rebound and tying/winning the game is too high of a risk IMO

At least we were right that the lack of upsets in week 1 turned sweet 16/elite 8 into damn good basketball

I liked fouling there. Purdue just really fucking sucked at getting rebounds all game. That's on them. Also, that play they were trying to run where Edwards turned it over was hot garbage. First off, sprint up the side is stupid because it makes the sideline an extra defender so you're already screwing yourself from the start. And where Cline came off the screen, he was gonna have to catch on the sideline and then turn for a 3. By that time, it would have been contested. Really bad design. Might as well have just had Edwards run up and shoot.

What they should have done, and for some reason so many college coaches don't do this, is quickly sprint to half court, call a TO (which would have been 2ish seconds left) and script up a half court set. I've seen so many coaches this season sit on a timeout and try to get a shot going full court. It never works. College should just adopt the NBA rule to give you the option to advance the ball after a TO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked fouling there. Purdue just really fucking sucked at getting rebounds all game. That's on them. Also, that play they were trying to run where Edwards turned it over was hot garbage. First off, sprint up the side is stupid because it makes the sideline an extra defender so you're already screwing yourself from the start. And where Cline came off the screen, he was gonna have to catch on the sideline and then turn for a 3. By that time, it would have been contested. Really bad design. Might as well have just had Edwards run up and shoot.

What they should have done, and for some reason so many college coaches don't do this, is quickly sprint to half court, call a TO (which would have been 2ish seconds left) and script up a half court set. I've seen so many coaches this season sit on a timeout and try to get a shot going full court. It never works. College should just adopt the NBA rule to give you the option to advance the ball after a TO.

I agree with most of what you said, but not advancing the ball to half court.

It is far more difficult to inbound the ball successfully and get in scoring position on a full court baseline inbounds play. Why arbitrarily allow the other team to advance it to make the game easier?

College basketball rules are pure. They don't have any artificial additions like this or like defensive 3 seconds to tip the scales in favor of the offense, and that is how it should stay.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't have minded a blowout win there. Would have been easier on the heart.but I will happily take it.

I usually don't like the fouling strategy at any level below NBA because it is just so hard to make that late 3 if you get a good contest. I think the odds of getting the offensive rebound in most cases are similar if you have a good FT miss/rebound tip out play.

That said, I was ecstatic when Carson Edwards passed that ball at the end of OT. I actually said to my wife that UVA should intentionally foul him before he could get the shot up. The combination of Salt and Diakite rebounding and Edwards' insane shot making had me thinking the foul was the best strategical option.

I am not sure if he thought he was going to step out of bounds, but he had a step on Clark off the dribble. He would have been able to get a pretty good look if he had kept the ball. Well, a good look for Edwards at least.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...that's some messed up shit by KP if it's true.

Report: Porzingis accused of r*pe in New York

:L

I really hate this on so many levels.

Innocent until proven guilty, but damn.

Unfortunately in these cases of he said she said, we will never really know what happeneded that night. If he did it, he deserves to get locked up for a long time. But he won't. People with money almost never get convicted on charges like these because they are just so hard to prove.

That said, now it really makes sense why the Knicks were so eager to trade him and why NOLA didn't want him in an AD trade.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, regardless of what happens next weekend, I hope the whole "UVA can't win in March" narrative is gone for good. It is total BS. They are an elite defensive team with 3 highly dynamic offensive players and an intelligent system.

They were an epic meltdown/comeback away from the Final Four in 2016 and they have as good a chance to win it all as anybody left in the field this year. Surviving a truly amazing shot making display by Edwards gives me a lot of confidence heading into next weekend.