• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right....I forgot..

Maybe, it's just me but I don't see them being that similar.

It's not so much about them being similar (although I think their games are more similar than you seem to). It's more about Tatum working out with Kobe and using some of Kobe's moves/shots.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....if he doesn't get hurt and the Bulls are in contention for a playoff spot.

* I dont think they will. But, Lou won and the Clippers didn't make it either *

Getting that deal for 20 mil, I expected him to be the starter.

But, he could put up Williams, Crawford,Gordon type scoring numbers and people might have voters fatigue for the 3 I just mentioned.

So, I'm going Parker or maybe Kuz.....Reddick might that be in the mix too.

He's such a one-dimensional player; I don't see it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Sometimes, you can have too much talent"

- Charles Barkley

giphy.gif

I mean, he's not entirely wrong. We've seen uber talented teams not fulfill expectations because all of the pieces didn't fit and there were squabbles over playing time, shots, etc. that caused problems within the team.

Having said that, I'd bet 30 out of 30 NBA coaches would rather have the problem of too much talent than not enough, though.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my former boss to come work where I'm at on Monday.

Referral bonus.....$.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he's not entirely wrong. We've seen uber talented teams not fulfill expectations because all of the pieces didn't fit and there were squabbles over playing time, shots, etc. that caused problems within the team.

Having said that, I'd bet 30 out of 30 NBA coaches would rather have the problem of too much talent than not enough, though.

:nono:

29 out of 30. Pat Riley doesn't know his right from his left. Which means he couldn't tell the difference between a loaded roster & a lousy one.

How was my wiggy impression?

#heatareintrouble

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I hear what you're saying...

... strictly speaking, though: talent really isn't the problem. It's bad personalities, or bad coaching, or bad compliments that don't fit together... and then talent is undermined.

But talent is a good thing... always.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

29 out of 30. Pat Riley doesn't know his right from his left. Which means he couldn't tell the difference between a loaded roster & a lousy one.

#heatareintrouble
i mean, senility is the only explanation for matching that contract that the Nets gave Tyler Johnson.

the Heat are paying Tyler Johnson and Hassan Whiteside nearly 90 million between this year and next year. I could give you the names of a couple dudes at the Solon Rec. that would give you nearly the same production for a whole lot less.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean, senility is the only explanation for matching that contract that the Nets gave Tyler Johnson.

the Heat are paying Tyler Johnson and Hassan Whiteside nearly 90 million between this year and next year. I could give you the names of a couple dudes at the Solon Rec. that would give you nearly the same production for a whole lot less.

Sorry wiggy but you can't talk about players salaries when the Cavs were foolish enough to give Tristan that contract.

And I bet Pat Riley would whoop the shit outta Danny Boy in a fight!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#heatareintrouble

You forgot: "He's lost something off of his fastball".

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait he had a fastball? He got too much credit for his titles w/ your Showtime Lakers. Hell I could have coached them to titles back then too. He just got damn lucky sneaking the Brickabockers into the Finals. Looking back, his time in N.Y. was a total failure. He fired Stan 'the van' Van Gundy & took all the credit for the foundation SVG established. Had to buy LeBron & Bosh for those questionable titles while The Heatles were together. That fella's as shady as they come & has just taken credit for what others have done his entire career.

disclaimer- I couldn't type this comment w/o laughing (just in case anyone took me seriously)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait he had a fastball? He got too much credit for his titles w/ your Showtime Lakers. Hell I could have coached them to titles back then too. He just got damn lucky sneaking the Brickabockers into the Finals. Looking back, his time in N.Y. was a total failure. He fired Stan 'the van' Van Gundy & took all the credit for the foundation SVG established. Had to buy LeBron & Bosh for those questionable titles while The Heatles were together. That fella's as shady as they come & has just taken credit for what others have done his entire career.

disclaimer- I couldn't type this comment w/o laughing (just in case anyone took me seriously)
he almost destroyed basketall as a sport with the Bricks. The game became a melee.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he almost destroyed basketall as a sport with the Bricks. The game became a melee.

Yeah, gotta agree with that.

I credit him for finding a way to win within the rules at the time and there's a small part of me that kind of misses the "brawls" that a lot of games in the 90's turned in to.

In it's own way, it was very entertaining. But the way the game was played in the 80's and the way it's played today, are much closer to how the game should be played and is more entertaining.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is throwing batting practice at this point.

I just hope they trade there best young player that is under contract for cheap for the right to overpay Jimmy Butler well into his declining years so they will be trapped in mediocrity for the next half decade.