• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. Give me 4 hours and coffee from DD in the AM and I'm good for the day.
I can do that for a day or two... but if it happens more than here and there, I start getting headaches and eventually need to crash.

Getting old, man. :yawning:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can do that for a day or two... but if it happens more than here and there, I start getting headaches and eventually need to crash.

Getting old, man. :yawning:

Friday Nights and weekends is when I usually make up on sleep

I usually get close to 10 hours of sleep on Saturday and Sunday

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Melo for Dennis was YUGE! Getting Russ back won't hurt either.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Melo for Dennis was YUGE! Getting Russ back won't hurt either.

Yeah that helps for sure. PG shot selection last night was pretty bad though.

12 attempted 3's.....why?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a small cup of Jayson Tatum breaking down a 1st team all-NBA defender and making it look o so smooth and easy:

I am still salty that he should have been ROY. Fuel for the fire I suppose. He will start for the east this year at 20.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an easy matchup for the Cavs opening up at Toronto tonight. I believe Nance and Jr are out too. Ugh.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Heatles84 @TurnUpTheHeat

There was a bunch of overlooking the Heat this past offseason, with Celtics executive Danny Ainge and Wizards guard John Wall among those who didn’t even mention Miami when running through a list of teams who could move up in the Eastern Conference in the post-LeBron James era.

But ABC/ESPN’s co-lead analyst Mark Jackson believes the Heat is being short-changed and — no joke — gives Miami at least a chance to win the East.

“They’re a very dangerous team, very dangerous,” Mark Jackson, who’s a fan of Miami’s young talent, insisted to me this summer.

“I think Pat Riley’s done a great job of obviously getting an outstanding head coach in Erik Spoelstra and guys that compete, fight and play with an extremely high motor, which gives them an opportunity to come out of the East.”

Some would say Riley has put himself in position where he’s stuck with this roster because Miami stands well above the salary cap this summer and next summer. Jackson, who played for Riley with the Knicks, disputes that.

“I don’t think they’re stuck at all,” he said. “I think he’s a genius. I don’t think he’s ever stuck because he’s always looking for opportunities to get better.

“I think the East is a bunch of teams fighting for an opportunity to grab hold of what LeBron left behind. There’s a lot of talent. There’s better teams than people expect.”

This network analyst warns not to overlook Heat. And Fox’s World Series/Dolphins plan

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was a bunch of overlooking the Heat this past offseason, with Celtics executive Danny Ainge and Wizards guard John Wall among those who didn’t even mention Miami when running through a list of teams who could move up in the Eastern Conference in the post-LeBron James era.

But ABC/ESPN’s co-lead analyst Mark Jackson believes the Heat is being short-changed and — no joke — gives Miami at least a chance to win the East.

“They’re a very dangerous team, very dangerous,” Mark Jackson, who’s a fan of Miami’s young talent, insisted to me this summer.

“I think Pat Riley’s done a great job of obviously getting an outstanding head coach in Erik Spoelstra and guys that compete, fight and play with an extremely high motor, which gives them an opportunity to come out of the East.”

Some would say Riley has put himself in position where he’s stuck with this roster because Miami stands well above the salary cap this summer and next summer. Jackson, who played for Riley with the Knicks, disputes that.

“I don’t think they’re stuck at all,” he said. “I think he’s a genius. I don’t think he’s ever stuck because he’s always looking for opportunities to get better.

“I think the East is a bunch of teams fighting for an opportunity to grab hold of what LeBron left behind. There’s a lot of talent. There’s better teams than people expect.”

This network analyst warns not to overlook Heat. And Fox’s World Series/Dolphins plan

I think we'll be a 4th/5th seed. But I don't see us any better than Boston, Philly and Toronto along with an upstart possibly of Milwaukee.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the Heat, much like all teams in the league, will not be a serious contender until they acquire high level talent.

No team wins without having top level players. Do the Heat have a top 40 player in a league where you probably needa t LEAST one, if not more top 30 players to advance in the playoffs?

I would rank the Heat players like this:

1. Goran Dragic- a 32 year old not-top-10 point guard in the league- that might be a top 50 player in the league.
2. J. Richardson- a 25 year old 3 and D wing who is durable, plays great defense, and has upside. Maybe he will be a top 40 player this year.
3. I am not sure who I would call their 3rd best player. Because of his age and draft pedigree I guess I will say Justice Winslow- who has been hurt, has a mediocre to poor shot, great intangibles, high defensive potential.
4. Dion Waiters- oft injured but talented shooting guard that thinks he is a lot better than he is. When he is playing well he can be a weapon. If he is not happy with his role, or he is hurt- he obviously isnt helping anyone.
5. James Johnson- kind of a journeyman who found his home. Versatile and tough. Can pass.
6. Bam - the type of versatile defender every team needs nowadays. Can guard thd middle or switch onto a guard. Good athleticism. Looks like he can be a solid role player that has some upside if he can develop an offensive game.
7. Wayne Ellington- sniper
8. Hassan Whiteside- if hes motivated, if hes healthy, if hes not whining and complaining etc....

The Heat have a lot of solid players, and are well coached, but have no upper level talent, and Richardson is their only player that has upper level potential and he still has PLENTY to prove.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ready for a full slate of games to check on!!!!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll be a 4th/5th seed. But I don't see us any better than Boston, Philly and Toronto along with an upstart possibly of Milwaukee.
I think Indiana is better and Milwaukee is better. Milwaukee has a legitimate top 10 talent in Giannis- and Middleton is also better than anyone on the Heat.

Indiana of course has a legit all star in Oladipo and a very deep roster. Turner has quite a bit of upside. Tyreke Evans is just as good as just about any player on the Heat.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milwaukee has a legitimate top 10 talent in Giannis- and Middleton is also better than anyone on the Heat.

Giannis and Middleton were both there last year and better than anyone on the Heat but they couldn't do anything with the Heat in H2H games. Got swept.

What I'm trying to get at is having the best 2 or 3 players on a team when facing a Heat means nothing if the Heat are out-coaching, out-hustling, executing, and playing like a TEAM better than you.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavs Suns is in the intriguing game for me tonight.

That and the Wolves game just for the Butler drama.

Time to fire up the old league pass

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow is the real opening night though :D

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picks I like today:

Heat: -2.5 @ Orlando
Timberwolves: +2.0 @ San Antonio
Nuggets: -1.5 @ LA Clippers

Disclaimer: I'm not actually any good at sports betting, so if you bet opposite of my picks I won't even be mad, lol.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow is the real opening night though :D
tenor.gif