• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you messing with me? Why you so difficult?

Again, apples to oranges. And either you didn't think about how different these situations are or you just don't get it.

Reddick starts alongside a 6'10 PG who can guard 1-4 and Butler who is as good a perimeter defender as there is in the league. It is really easy for the Sixers to pick their matchups because of how long and versatile the rest of the team is.

Curry started alongside Monta Ellis and Cory Maggette/Anthony Morrow. Ellis is the same size as Curry and none of those guys are exactly known for defense.

So was Curry hidden some? I don't know. You would have to ask @CitySushi. but certainly not to the extent Reddick is. And it is even possible that Curry would have been the one they put on the other teams' best guy since he was younger and had less offensive responsibility. But I am not sure there.

What I do know is the situation then was much different than what exists now with Klay always taking the biggest threat. The Warriors didn't have that stopper.

@dtgold88

Actually Curry being hidden wasn’t a real tactic until a few years into his career. You have to remember the Warriors sucked and there was no real point hiding him. When Mark Jackson took over the team that’s when He started to put Klay on the vest perimeter players. The Warriors did employ more cross matches into Jackson’s tenure as coach but that had more to do with favorable matchups. I suppose you can call it hiding him, and probably that would be a fair assessment.

However there were notable scheme changes to the difference when Kerr became coach. They employed more switching and it didn’t really matter who Steph initially guarded a lot of times. He often would get switched on to an elite offensive player and many times hold his own. Check out some of the finals footage when Lebron switches on to him. More times than you would think, Curry was an effective defender. NOT a stopper, just not a matador.

Curry is actually quite an adequate defender these days. Hea never going to be a guy you hope will get you a stop but he’s at a point where you don’t cringe if he’s guarding someone. I’m actually quite comfortable with him guarding a lot of guys in the NBA. Still though I’d prefer Klay to guard the elite guys every day of the week.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami going to end up 40-42 or 41-41

Have no idea if that will be good enough

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka with another Triple Double...

Tied with Magic for third place by rookies. Behind Oscar Robertson and Ben Simmons.

Reactions: TJL

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giannis is the MVP but they're going to give it to Harden.

A Bucks team that was projected to finish between 5th-7th in the East is going to finish with the best record and be the only team to finish with 60 wins.

Houston was projected to finish 2nd in their conference

Will be a damn shame if they still give Harden this award.

36 PPG don't impress me when you're a ball hog and shooting 25X nightly.

There are several players who can put up similar numbers to Harden if they were shooting 25X nightly.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Javale just got a block, steal, and assist in like 2 seconds.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A Bucks team that was projected to finish between 5th-7th in the East is going to finish with the best record and be the only team to finish with 60 wins.

There are several players who can put up similar numbers to Harden if they were shooting 25X nightly.
I think Giannis will win, but Harden will get some votes

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That crossover was the highlight of Lance's career and the high point of this Lakers season. Lance should just retire right now and go out on top

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That crossover was the highlight of Lance's career and the high point of this Lakers season. Lance should just retire right now and go out on top

I was just about to say if you look closely lance actually steps on Green’s foot.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That move was nice, but nothing will top this
giphy.gif

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harden is the mvp, you are high

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Scott and think he'd be okay but I think Kidd or Mark Jackson will be targeted.

Scott got a raw deal the first time around, 2 years isn't enough time for any coach IMO.

I've never thought Scott was a bad coach

Reactions: DJ

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giannis will get it this year.