• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with big moves - but LeBron is already past his prime - Magic Johnson didn't a big agent with a long shelf life - If he waited till this year, signed Kawhi Leonard and traded for Anthony Davis - then the Lakers would have some talent to deal with. Now all we have is an aging star that knew he had zero chances of winning anything in Cleveland or in the Eastern Conference and jumped to the Lakers for the big $$$$ and marketing. I was not surprised at his injury when it happened - it was exactly what I was afraid of. Big players with Big names - yes - but not old big players with limited time - in my opinion.
No way of knowing if they can get either of those. LeBron was the best player in the league and he wanted to come to the Lakers. If you are the Lakers you have to go for it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D
says the pot....again.

Why don't you go ahead and find the post where I call someone a retard or autistic because I disagreed with them over an opinion.

And, sorry, it speaks to her if she dropped out because of me. Never mind, many here don't let debates go.....takes 2 to tango. Cannot say I've ever had a discussion here with myself. Maybe you have.
Dropped out because of you?

Don't flatter yourself, Corky.

I just choose to congregate in threads that you don't frequent.

You are a parasite and you infect every single thread with your Ronald McDonald act.

Stop being pathetic and get over yourself.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes for the last time I was only talking about those 2 players. How many times have I told you that yet you ignore it? And as far as Lue. Yes you finally admitted you were wrong after I had to tell you @ least a half dozen time he can't be properly judged as a coach because of LeBron.

It really is funny how you create your reality when proven wrong. And there's no reason to try again. You're the one that was incorrect both times.
I get you say you were only talking about those to players, but while your post might have meant Klay > Love that is not what you said. what you said was what I wrote. Had you simply said Klay is greater than Love while I would have disagreed I also think it's easily justifiable.

No mention of my admitting my own gaffe and apologizing for the Lue comment? Funny you made a mistake talking about me not admitting my mistakes. and now looks like you wont own up to it.

Yep.......gotta love this forum.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D
says the pot....again.

Why don't you go ahead and find the post where I call someone a retard or autistic because I disagreed with them over an opinion.

And, sorry, it speaks to her if she dropped out because of me. Never mind, many here don't let debates go.....takes 2 to tango. Cannot say I've ever had a discussion here with myself. Maybe you have.

You are a parasite and you infect every single thread with your Ronald McDonald act.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D
says the pot....again.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
says the pot....again.

I realize this is probably more attention than you've gotten from a group of females since....

....well, ever.

You know how they always give you the " I really like you. But, just as a friend " line?

Yeah, not even that for me.

I detest weak men.

You are actually crying about me on a thread, a full 24 hrs later, because I hurt your wittle feelings by pointing out that you are a tard.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....find ways to win...

you won because you had stars.

now you have no stars.

you have will not win anything of significant again until you acquire said stars.

right now you have no avenue to acquire stars as you are capped out and content with a late lotto pick (at least this year you HAVE a pick) and being the Bucks' first round bitch.

Heat have no stars, and no way to get a star besides a "Donovan Mitchell pick one in the late lotto lotto ticket".

I would rather have my team have a good chance at getting a Barrett, Morant, or Zion, and a 14% chance of getting Zion, while also stacking extra first round lotto tickets - then winning an extra 16 games and being bitch slapped out of the first round (if you even make the first round- the almighty Magic may have something to say about that).

but thats just me.

I am sure you are enjoying your 38 win season and inevitable first round bitch slapping and uneventful offseason with a mediocre pick and no cap space.

First of all. No GM wants stars more then Riley.

I said I don't want max players like Hayward who don't elevate you to anything.
Difference in scenarios is that when given the opportunity, Miami can recruit top FA's,
Cavs can't.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....find ways to win...

you won because you had stars.

now you have no stars.

you have will not win anything of significant again until you acquire said stars.

right now you have no avenue to acquire stars as you are capped out and content with a late lotto pick (at least this year you HAVE a pick) and being the Bucks' first round bitch.

Heat have no stars, and no way to get a star besides a "Donovan Mitchell pick one in the late lotto lotto ticket".

I would rather have my team have a good chance at getting a Barrett, Morant, or Zion, and a 14% chance of getting Zion, while also stacking extra first round lotto tickets - then winning an extra 16 games and being bitch slapped out of the first round (if you even make the first round- the almighty Magic may have something to say about that).

but thats just me.

I am sure you are enjoying your 38 win season and inevitable first round bitch slapping and uneventful offseason with a mediocre pick and no cap space.

First of all. No GM wants stars more then Riley.

I said I don't want max players like Hayward who don't elevate you to anything.
Difference in scenarios is that when given the opportunity, Miami can recruit top FA's,
Cavs can't.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ridiculous. It's taking 5 minutes just to post a comment. I'll check back later to see if things are better.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf is wrong with this site?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ridiculous. It's taking 5 minutes just to post a comment. I'll check back later to see if things are better.
Ok.

Not just me...lol

I had to retype a post twice and it posted 4 times....

I will try to delete dupes.

Bbl after the lag gets fixed.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a total of 11 years having Lebron, that's just.....well, sad.

Look at the roster for the first 7. Crazy he even got those teams to a Finals appearance. Then when he finally has a great team around him, the W's build a Superteam. Nothing sad about it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a total of 11 years having Lebron, that's just.....well, sad.

Look at the roster for the first 7. Crazy he even got those teams to a Finals appearance. Then when he finally has a great team around him, the W's build a Superteam. Nothing sad about it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not so much about them not getting their due. It's hard to quantify how good the Cavs FO has been when they haven't really done anything but tank when they haven't had Lebron.

When Lebron went to Miami, Dan Gilbert wrote a letter to Cleveland fans guaranteeing that the Cavs would win a title before Lebron did.

Then, the Cavs proceeded to tank for 4 years. Nothing necessarily wrong with that as they were able to get enough assets to get Lebron to return and to trade for Kevin Love, which got them 4 finals trips and a title.

Now, with Lebron gone again, it looks like they are tanking again. Although Gilbert didn't promise any titles this time.

Personally, I kind of give them an incomplete. They tanked when Lebron went to Miami instead of winning like Gilbert promised the fans.

But they were also trending in the right direction when he returned and, imo, would likely have at least been a playoff team within a season or 2 had he not returned.
Agree. Certainly weren't going to be a contender, but were adding the #1 pick and had a ton of cap room and assets. I think a 7-8 seed was likely with no Lebron.

And, yes, way too early to know what they can do this time. I like what they've done but who knows.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not so much about them not getting their due. It's hard to quantify how good the Cavs FO has been when they haven't really done anything but tank when they haven't had Lebron.

When Lebron went to Miami, Dan Gilbert wrote a letter to Cleveland fans guaranteeing that the Cavs would win a title before Lebron did.

Then, the Cavs proceeded to tank for 4 years. Nothing necessarily wrong with that as they were able to get enough assets to get Lebron to return and to trade for Kevin Love, which got them 4 finals trips and a title.

Now, with Lebron gone again, it looks like they are tanking again. Although Gilbert didn't promise any titles this time.

Personally, I kind of give them an incomplete. They tanked when Lebron went to Miami instead of winning like Gilbert promised the fans.

But they were also trending in the right direction when he returned and, imo, would likely have at least been a playoff team within a season or 2 had he not returned.
Agree. Certainly weren't going to be a contender, but were adding the #1 pick and had a ton of cap room and assets. I think a 7-8 seed was likely with no Lebron.

And, yes, way too early to know what they can do this time. I like what they've done but who knows.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow...

just wow.

Said it will be the longest running battle scene in TV AND MOVIE history.

Game of Thrones, when it started, had the highest budget ever for a TV series at 5M per episode

the budget for the last season is 15M per episode. Its going to be like 6 movies.
Did you see the running time for Season 8 episodes?

Shortest one is 54 mins.

54, 58, 118, 120, 120, 122....

When you factor in the lack of commercials?

Holy Shit...lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D

You get LAD was the one who said you dropped out because of me. Said it as fact. I said IF you did. Your problem would be with her, but you are a "Comment based on the poster not the post" person.

Now you go out of your way to post another Yosemite Sam-like namecalling meltdown only to tell me you stay away from threads with me in them. Ya might want to grow up. Though I hope not as you are comic relief.

Wish I was making this up.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D

You get LAD was the one who said you dropped out because of me. Said it as fact. I said IF you did. Your problem would be with her, but you are a "Comment based on the poster not the post" person.

Now you go out of your way to post another Yosemite Sam-like namecalling meltdown only to tell me you stay away from threads with me in them. Ya might want to grow up. Though I hope not as you are comic relief.

Wish I was making this up.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-drafting the 2018 loaded draft class (based both on potential and performance):

1. L. Doncic
2. D. Ayton
3. T. Young
4. J. Jackson
5. C. Sexton
6. M. Bagley
7. S. Gilgeous-Alexander
8. M. Bamba
9. W. Carter Jr.
10. Miles Bridges
11. K. Knox
12. Mikal Bridges
13. K. Huerter
14. M. Porter JR.
15. L. Shamet
I think I would have Bagley no lower than 4.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-drafting the 2018 loaded draft class (based both on potential and performance):

1. L. Doncic
2. D. Ayton
3. T. Young
4. J. Jackson
5. C. Sexton
6. M. Bagley
7. S. Gilgeous-Alexander
8. M. Bamba
9. W. Carter Jr.
10. Miles Bridges
11. K. Knox
12. Mikal Bridges
13. K. Huerter
14. M. Porter JR.
15. L. Shamet
I think I would have Bagley no lower than 4.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think she seriously considered trading Lebron? I'm sure she thought about it but there really is no way that the Lakers could do that without consigning themselves to irrelevance for 3-4 seasons.

I don't think there was ever any serious thought given and no calls were made. I think she was pissed at how the AD trade proposal was handled and may have said something along the lines of "We should trade him instead". It may also have been a bit of a bluff on her part to send a message to Rich Paul and Lebron. Her Dad was a poker player, maybe she learned a thing or 2?

I do think that Jeannie wants to run the team like her Dad and she may regret bringing Lebron in right now, or maybe not. But the Lakers are pot committed to Lebron. The next 3 years will ride on what he can bring along with the players they get.

I don't think I'd go as far as to say she regrets it. But I'd bet she's had some second thoughts. Ultimately, AD debacle aside, injuries are what killed this season. But the AD thing did more damage to what the Lakers can do this summer.

Imo, Lebron is going to have to recruit his ass off. Before the injuries and the AD thing, the Lakers were looking like a fun team to be on and were looking like a team where 1 top FA could put them at or near the top.

Now, Lebron and Rich Paul have made a mess and it's going to be up to Lebron to clean it up. End of the day, it doesn't matter what Magic, Pelinka and Jeanie say, players are going to be on the court with Lebron and that's who they are going to want to hear from.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think she seriously considered trading Lebron? I'm sure she thought about it but there really is no way that the Lakers could do that without consigning themselves to irrelevance for 3-4 seasons.

I do think that Jeannie wants to run the team like her Dad and she may regret bringing Lebron in right now, or maybe not. But the Lakers are pot committed to Lebron. The next 3 years will ride on what he can bring along with the players they get.
Other issue as was discussed yesterday is even if she wanted to deal him that's easier said than done to get him to agree to go and also get even close to the right value back.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Other issue as was discussed yesterday is even if she wanted to deal him that's easier said than done to get him to agree to go and also get even close to the right value back.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see any semblance of it.

What I do know is, for such a great elite franchise, you had arguably one of the greatest players of all-time in your franchise, and you mustered up 1 title. Some would call that pathetic. Hell, Lebron was simply partying it up in Miami and stumbled into 2 titles in just 4 years.
Lebron part 2 here vs. Lebron in Miami is the most apples to apples comparison......Sure, Miami gets the edge with a whopping 1 more title. But do you think playing GS all 4 times here might have skewed this a little? Not sure we can blame the FO for Love and Kyrie going down in 2015 either.