• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost never doesn't put you in a different category than the people that do.

What you dish out is often what you get back in return. The fact that you have made a regular poster that is beloved by everyone here (outside of yourself, obviously) not want pass the time in this forum anymore speaks volumes on your inability to get along with others in a group setting.

The other distinctive difference is most people here can let the debate go after a page or two. But with you, even when people agree with you, you still manage to find something to argue about. That is what is tiring.
says the pot....again.

Why don't you go ahead and find the post where I call someone a retard or autistic because I disagreed with them over an opinion.

And, sorry, it speaks to her if she dropped out because of me. Never mind, many here don't let debates go.....takes 2 to tango. Cannot say I've ever had a discussion here with myself. Maybe you have.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost never doesn't put you in a different category than the people that do.

What you dish out is often what you get back in return. The fact that you have made a regular poster that is beloved by everyone here (outside of yourself, obviously) not want pass the time in this forum anymore speaks volumes on your inability to get along with others in a group setting.

The other distinctive difference is most people here can let the debate go after a page or two. But with you, even when people agree with you, you still manage to find something to argue about. That is what is tiring.
says the pot....again.

Why don't you go ahead and find the post where I call someone a retard or autistic because I disagreed with them over an opinion.

And, sorry, it speaks to her if she dropped out because of me. Never mind, many here don't let debates go.....takes 2 to tango. Cannot say I've ever had a discussion here with myself. Maybe you have.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, the problem with your logic is not every team has to tank and take the 76ers route of building a contender. Again, there are teams like the Suns and Kings that live in NBA lotto hell and get top 10 picks every year, yet continue to stay at best mediocre.

So sure, you could value your position more than the Heat's. At least Heat fans recognize that we're likely a 1st round exit this year and next, but at that point, we have flexibility again.

In the meantime, it took Lebron bridging everything together to make Cleveland a title team. The question that's deep in your mind that you try not bringing up - Do you really think that Cleveland with its current organizational structure is going to build a contender? Do you think Cleveland wins a title with the way they were operating and drafting before Lebron came? Because the answer is a definitive no. And it's a relevant question because Lebron will be long retired before Cleveland even thinks about contending again.
"at some point"

you realize how badly the Heat have been run the last few years to have ZERO cap room last offseason, ZERO cap room this offseason- and STILL- in the summer of 2020, still have Waiters/Olnyk/JJohnson on the books for a combined 42M? Combined with Richardson and Winslow the Heat already have as much as 70M in commitments in the summer of 2020 and thats NOT COUNTING Bam's inevitable raise from the rookie scale (if you decide to keep him). To owe a TOTALLY unprotected pick to the Clippers in a league where totally unprotected picks NEVER get trade? Crazy. For the Heats sake- they better at least have soemthing going the year that pick transfers because with the new lotto odds that might be DISASTER. Not to mention they dont own a 2nd round pick for the better part of the next half decade.

The Cavs will be good again long before the Heat are- esp. if Riley decides to stick around. I hope you value your extra 15-18 wins and (MAYBE- if Orlando does not catch you) your first round knock out.

so once again, still have not answered---

which option do you believe is the better way to go?

-signing a bunch of mediocre players, trading picks, to be a team that is competitive for the bottom spots in the East and nothing more than first round fodder

or

-bottoming out, taking on other teams bad contracts for picks, sucking, tanking, developing the young guys, getting high lotto picks but sacrificing 1-3 seasons on that "Process".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if this was your answer, then what was the point of mentioning the Finals appearances and the 1 title?
Because what they did while he was gone allowed them to make the Finals and win a title when he came back.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if this was your answer, then what was the point of mentioning the Finals appearances and the 1 title?
Because what they did while he was gone allowed them to make the Finals and win a title when he came back.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't there others who take on this challenge whose metrics aren't so poor?

Truth be told, I do believe he's a solid defender so wonder if the metrics used are out of whackAnd, if so, why are they even used?
the metrics measure against those guys' specific field goal percentages anyway- hence taking out that variable.

Also, when you are the 3rd scoring option and can take a back seat to 2 of the top 20 scorers in NBA history on any given night, and dont have to exert yourself, its a lot easier to save up your stamina to use on the defenisve end.

I think we could all agree that if Klay had his own team and was the #1 offensive option his defense would see a precipitous decline- that would be no fault of his own except for the increased offensive work load that he would have to bear.

Having 2 top 20 scorers of all time on your team is nice in that way.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"at some point"

you realize how badly the Heat have been run the last few years to have ZERO cap room last offseason, ZERO cap room this offseason- and STILL- in the summer of 2020, still have Waiters/Olnyk/JJohnson on the books for a combined 42M? Combined with Richardson and Winslow the Heat already have as much as 70M in commitments in the summer of 2020 and thats NOT COUNTING Bam's inevitable raise from the rookie scale (if you decide to keep him). To owe a TOTALLY unprotected pick to the Clippers in a league where totally unprotected picks NEVER get trade? Crazy. For the Heats sake- they better at least have soemthing going the year that pick transfers because with the new lotto odds that might be DISASTER. Not to mention they dont own a 2nd round pick for the better part of the next half decade.

The Cavs will be good again long before the Heat are- esp. if Riley decides to stick around. I hope you value your extra 15-18 wins and (MAYBE- if Orlando does not catch you) your first round knock out.

so once again, still have not answered---

which option do you believe is the better way to go?

-signing a bunch of mediocre players, trading picks, to be a team that is competitive for the bottom spots in the East and nothing more than first round fodder

or

-bottoming out, taking on other teams bad contracts for picks, sucking, tanking, developing the young guys, getting high lotto picks but sacrificing 1-3 seasons on that "Process".

Lots of words once again but:

Heat find ways to win, sign FA’s
Cavs suck every non LeBron year for decades.

Also, OKC has Westbrook, George and is currently same seed as Heat, so there’s that.

If we continue to see the same Heat we’ve seen the last week, no team will have an easy series vs them.
Every player is playing hard, every minute they’re on the court.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well look at you going on and on. Hilarious

But to answer your question - again - because what they did while he was gone helped them win the title and play for a few others when he returned.

Can they do it again? Obviously not with Lebron, but less than a season in. Looks promising so far.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well look at you going on and on. Hilarious

But to answer your question - again - because what they did while he was gone helped them win the title and play for a few others when he returned.

Can they do it again? Obviously not with Lebron, but less than a season in. Looks promising so far.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, no it was not Klay > Love and nothing else. It was you would take the elite shooter over the big guy who is a good shooter.

And you just proved my point.......I admitted I was wrong about the Lue comment and apologized because I'm an adult.

Try again.

Yes for the last time I was only talking about those 2 players. How many times have I told you that yet you ignore it? And as far as Lue. Yes you finally admitted you were wrong after I had to tell you @ least a half dozen time he can't be properly judged as a coach because of LeBron.

It really is funny how you create your reality when proven wrong. And there's no reason to try again. You're the one that was incorrect both times.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, no it was not Klay > Love and nothing else. It was you would take the elite shooter over the big guy who is a good shooter.

And you just proved my point.......I admitted I was wrong about the Lue comment and apologized because I'm an adult.

Try again.

Yes for the last time I was only talking about those 2 players. How many times have I told you that yet you ignore it? And as far as Lue. Yes you finally admitted you were wrong after I had to tell you @ least a half dozen time he can't be properly judged as a coach because of LeBron.

It really is funny how you create your reality when proven wrong. And there's no reason to try again. You're the one that was incorrect both times.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, OKC has Westbrook, George and is currently same seed as Heat, so there’s that.

If we continue to see the same Heat we’ve seen the last week, no team will have an easy series vs them.
Does this mean you prefer playing hard with all those bad contracts and being mediocre for the foreseeable future or bottoming out which has actually worked for the cavs twice now.

And that's without the lure of South Beach.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, OKC had Westbrook, George and is currently same seed as Heat, so there’s that.

lol....find ways to win...

you won because you had stars.

now you have no stars.

you have will not win anything of significant again until you acquire said stars.

right now you have no avenue to acquire stars as you are capped out and content with a late lotto pick (at least this year you HAVE a pick) and being the Bucks' first round bitch.

Heat have no stars, and no way to get a star besides a "Donovan Mitchell pick one in the late lotto lotto ticket".

I would rather have my team have a good chance at getting a Barrett, Morant, or Zion, and a 14% chance of getting Zion, while also stacking extra first round lotto tickets - then winning an extra 16 games and being bitch slapped out of the first round (if you even make the first round- the almighty Magic may have something to say about that).

but thats just me.

I am sure you are enjoying your 38 win season and inevitable first round bitch slapping and uneventful offseason with a mediocre pick and no cap space.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does this mean you prefer playing hard with all those bad contracts and being mediocre for the foreseeable future or bottoming out which has actually worked for the cavs twice now.

And that's without the lure of South Beach.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,571.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody won the Powerball.......it's 620 million.

Playing on Saturday, winning, retiring and becoming a Philanthropist.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, OKC had Westbrook, George and is currently same seed as Heat, so there’s that.

lol....find ways to win...

you won because you had stars.

now you have no stars.

you have will not win anything of significant again until you acquire said stars.

right now you have no avenue to acquire stars as you are capped out and content with a late lotto pick (at least this year you HAVE a pick) and being the Bucks' first round bitch.

Heat have no stars, and no way to get a star besides a "Donovan Mitchell pick one in the late lotto lotto ticket".

I would rather have my team have a good chance at getting a Barrett, Morant, or Zion, and a 14% chance of getting Zion, while also stacking extra first round lotto tickets - then winning an extra 16 games and being bitch slapped out of the first round (if you even make the first round- the almighty Magic may have something to say about that).

but thats just me.

I am sure you are enjoying your 38 win season and inevitable first round bitch slapping and uneventful offseason with a mediocre pick and no cap space.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad on the double post. Is SportsHoopla acting up for anyone else right now? Had issues logging in a posting comments.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way of
I have no problem with big moves - but LeBron is already past his prime - Magic Johnson didn't a big agent with a long shelf life - If he waited till this year, signed Kawhi Leonard and traded for Anthony Davis - then the Lakers would have some talent to deal with. Now all we have is an aging star that knew he had zero chances of winning anything in Cleveland or in the Eastern Conference and jumped to the Lakers for the big $$$$ and marketing. I was not surprised at his injury when it happened - it was exactly what I was afraid of. Big players with Big names - yes - but not old big players with limited time - in my opinion.
No way of knowing if they can get either of those. LeBron was the best player in the league and he wanted to come to the Lakers. If you are the Lakers you have to go for it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get you say you were only talking about those to players, but while your post might have meant Klay > Love that is not what you said. what you said was what I wrote. Had you simply said Klay is greater than Love while I would have disagreed I also think it's easily justifiable.

No mention of my admitting my own gaffe and apologizing for the Lue comment? Funny you made a mistake talking about me not admitting my mistakes. and now looks like you wont own up to it.

Yep.......gotta love this forum.