• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that facepalm, @msgkings322 because you realized how silly it was to think Curry not being 100% was a fact? Maybe you looked closer into it and realized the guy played very well in games 2,4 and 6? are you thinking he was just 100% for the even but not the odd numbered games?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't take long for the Rockets to blow an 18 point halftime lead

That's why I can't see them winning a title even if CP3 is healthy. With their style of play, no lead is safe, whether it's the opponents lead or theirs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last 7 games that Love has played the Cavs are 5-2.

they gotta shut his ass down.

ASAP.

interesting to see what hte Lakers do with LeBron.

I could not think anything better for LeBron then to get a solid 6+ months off after the insane load of games he has played over the last 9 seasons.

I think they'll continue to play him until they are officially eliminated from the playoffs. Once that happens, I don't know if they'll shut him down completely...but I'd hope that they would at least cut his minutes by quite a bit.

While I want the Lakers to make the playoffs, I've said since before the season that missing the playoffs wouldn't be the worst thing because I'm sure his body could use the rest.

They weren't winning a title anyway, so other than getting the kids some playoff experience, it would basically be putting unnecessary mileage on him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I can't see them winning a title even if CP3 is healthy. With their style of play, no lead is safe, whether it's the opponents lead or theirs.

Had to expect the 2nd best team (record wise) to make a run at home. Order was restored in the 4th.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll continue to play him until they are officially eliminated from the playoffs. Once that happens, I don't know if they'll shut him down completely...but I'd hope that they would at least cut his minutes by quite a bit.

While I want the Lakers to make the playoffs, I've said since before the season that missing the playoffs wouldn't be the worst thing because I'm sure his body could use the rest.

They weren't winning a title anyway, so other than getting the kids some playoff experience, it would basically be putting unnecessary mileage on him.
Agree they wait until out as Lebron does not want to be called a quitter again.

And I do get your logic but shame on Magic if he tells us this was the plan as we all know it wasn't. As of now, he has sold Lebron a bill of goods. Make or break in the summer for him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree they wait until out as Lebron does not want to be called a quitter again.

And I do get your logic but shame on Magic if he tells us this was the plan as we all know it wasn't. As of now, he has sold Lebron a bill of goods. Make or break in the summer for him.

Yeah, I don't see Magic saying it was the plan all along. Just too many quotes with him talking playoffs.

I could see him possibly saying that plans changed because of all of the injuries, but even that would be a bit suspect.

I disagree with him "selling Lebron a bill of goods". Lebron knew full well what he was walking into and that from a basketball perspective, there were teams that were far closer to being ready to win now than the Lakers, who could have cleared cap space for him.

Reactions: DJ

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to expect the 2nd best team (record wise) to make a run at home. Order was restored in the 4th.

True, but it seems like virtually every game is like this with them. Whether it's vs. a good team or a bad one. I get that basketball is a game of runs and that every team blows leads.

But the Rockets seem more susceptible to it and it's much more difficult to restore order in the playoffs when they're playing a good team every night.

Reactions: LAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't see Magic saying it was the plan all along. Just too many quotes with him talking playoffs.

I could see him possibly saying that plans changed because of all of the injuries, but even that would be a bit suspect.

I disagree with him "selling Lebron a bill of goods". Lebron knew full well what he was walking into and that from a basketball perspective, there were teams that were far closer to being ready to win now than the Lakers, who could have cleared cap space for him.
Maybe it wasn't just Magic and Lebron thought everyone wanted to play with him, so another max player was a forgone conclusion.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that facepalm, @msgkings322 because you realized how silly it was to think Curry not being 100% was a fact? Maybe you looked closer into it and realized the guy played very well in games 2,4 and 6? are you thinking he was just 100% for the even but not the odd numbered games?
Curry prob was not 100%

who is 100% after an 82 game regular season and 3 playoff series?

Especially a grueling 7 game playoff series against the Thunder where they had to fight their asses off.

Ill tell ya- LeBron was not 100% after playing a long regular season, and, what was that? his 6th straight Finals at that point? Playing a full regular season and 4 playoff series for 6 straight years....

Kevin Love as not anything CLOSE to 100% --he had a concussion that caused him to miss time in that series- and was struggling.

anyone think Kyrie's knee that cuased him to miss 2 and a half months that season was 100% after

no one is 100% by the time they get to the NBA Finals.

But the excuses fall on deaf ears when you play 9 games in a row 37 minutes a night and drop 40 in your return-- especially when you miss 2-3 weeks for a 2-3 week injury and are still MORE than 3 weeks away from the NBA Finals even starting when yo ureturn.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%. I think they both thought that and still might.
you know me - i was SHOCKED when LeBron went there without a guarantee of a 2nd max guy.

Only thing i can think of is LEBron just assumed it would happen- whether it be via free agency that summer, or via the trade deadline.

I think he was shocked as any of us when he realized his 2nd and 3rd best guys would be Kyle Kuzma and Brandon Ingram

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry prob was not 100%

who is 100% after an 82 game regular season and 3 playoff series?

Especially a grueling 7 game playoff series against the Thunder where they had to fight their asses off.

Ill tell ya- LeBron was not 100% after playing a long regular season, and, what was that? his 6th straight Finals at that point? Playing a full regular season and 4 playoff series for 6 straight years....

Kevin Love as not anything CLOSE to 100% --he had a concussion that caused him to miss time in that series- and was struggling.

anyone think Kyrie's knee that cuased him to miss 2 and a half months that season was 100% after

no one is 100% by the time they get to the NBA Finals.

But the excuses fall on deaf ears when you play 9 games in a row 37 minutes a night and drop 40 in your return-- especially when you miss 2-3 weeks for a 2-3 week injury and are still MORE than 3 weeks away from the NBA Finals even starting when yo ureturn.
On this I agree. Saying not 100% is fair, but using as an excuse as though he is less healthy than others and a reason they lost is absurd.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know me - i was SHOCKED when LeBron went there without a guarantee of a 2nd max guy.

Only thing i can think of is LEBron just assumed it would happen- whether it be via free agency that summer, or via the trade deadline.

I think he was shocked as any of us when he realized his 2nd and 3rd best guys would be Kyle Kuzma and Brandon Ingram
At the time, I was pretty certain most players would clamor to play with Lebron on what would be a contender with 2 megastars (one being Lebron) and in LA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. I think that's at least part of why they went so hard after AD at the deadline.

I'm sure part of it was to try to keep teams that could beat the Lakers offer out of the mix.

But no doubt in my mind that they also wanted to get that other max level guy. The team was playing well before Lebron got hurt, but the holes were still pretty obvious.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, I hate this sort of argument.

The Golden State Warriors are, without question, the defending world champions. But it isn't like it was foreordained by the Gods. They absolutely could, and perhaps should, have lost to the Rockets. Just as they likely beat the Cavs in 2016 if Green isn't an idiot. Just as they could have been beat by the Thunder prior to that Cavs series.

Sports are not set in stone and random events(strange plays or injuries) can affect an entire series. Sometimes in ways you never realize.

When the Seahawks lost to the Patriots, everyone talks about the final interception and how that decided that game. But what people don't talk about was how the Seahawks defense was absolutely crushing the Patriots for most of the game until Cliff Avril went down and all of the sudden the Patriots start marching up and down the field. No one talks about the crazy Kearse catch right before the pick.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with talking about the woulda,could, shoulda about games. It's part of following sports. And it doesn't take away from the Warriors championships anymore than the Giants freakishly unlikely Super Bowl championship in 2012 is less valid because they got every single freakish break.

Arguments about what could've happened in long since completed series can never be resolved and are pointless. Who knows what happens if so and so doesn't get hurt, or if so and so doesn't get suspended, or if this call hadn't been made, or.....blah blah blah. Let it go and move on.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, Curry wasn't 100%. That's a fact. Even the non-biased media members of other organizations and/or tv reporting have said he wasn't 100%. Curry is all world talent and capable of doing ridiculous things even when he's not 100%. Is it really not plausible to think he could play well in spot games even when injured?

Even if you're just doing the eye test, watch the 2016 NBA finals again. Curry is no where near as explosive and his movement is really limited. He rushed back from an MCL injury which normally takes a couple months to fully heal and he came back in 2 and half weeks.

Even still, despite Curry's injury the Warriors should have won the 2016 NBA series. Curry's injury isn't an excuse, IMO, as to why they lost. But dismissing his injury didn't affect him is ridiculous too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time, I was pretty certain most players would clamor to play with Lebron on what would be a contender with 2 megastars (one being Lebron) and in LA.

One target made his decision before FA even started, and well before Lebron announced he was going to the Lakers (Paul George). Durant was always coming back for at least 1 more season. After that, it was trying to trade for Kawhi, which again the Spurs simply refused to do (and they are on the verge of slipping out of the playoffs as a result, I might add). It's not like there were plenty of options.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I've seen this season, if you're able to do a futures bet, put all the monies on Steph to win MVP next year. Durant will be gone. I don't think Cousins will return. Warriors gonna go back to 2015 mode where Steph is just gonna Steph all the time. He's gonna put on a show next year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Curry wasn't 100%. That's a fact. Even the non-biased media members of other organizations and/or tv reporting have said he wasn't 100%. Curry is all world talent and capable of doing ridiculous things even when he's not 100%. Is it really not plausible to think he could play well in spot games even when injured?

Even if you're just doing the eye test, watch the 2016 NBA finals again. Curry is no where near as explosive and his movement is really limited. He rushed back from an MCL injury which normally takes a couple months to fully heal and he came back in 2 and half weeks.

Even still, despite Curry's injury the Warriors should have won the 2016 NBA series. Curry's injury isn't an excuse, IMO, as to why they lost. But dismissing his injury didn't affect him is ridiculous too.
Probably fair, but as wiggy pointed out others were dealing with ailments as well. I get you aren't saying it's why they lost, but the person to whom I replied yesterday was implying as much.