• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is sure, the Finals if they make it will be the toughest of all they've had. There are no guarantees the Warriors win again. The league has closed the gap considerably.

I've been saying since the beginning of the year that the Warriors were the presumptive favorite this year but it was far less certain this year than the past few years.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By saying he won a title because of GS injuries is....say it with me......discounting his titles.

Losing happens more than winning does? Funny you say that as Lebron has made it to the Finals a higher % of seasons at age 35 than MJ. Lebron made it more often than he didn't. MJ failed to get there more often than he made it. Darn facts.

so, yes, you believe getting to the Finals and losing is less of an accomplishment than not getting there?

Please never change

Jordan never jumped teams for a better situation. Favoring Lebron's drive over Jordan's makes me think you never saw Jordan play.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Walton is fired who makes a public statement first the Lakers or Papa Ball?

Since Walton's contract is up, he won't actually be getting fired. An announcement probably won't be made until they find their next coach, so I would think the Lakers should have the upper hand. Who knows with Lavar though; his mouth has no limits.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just finished

Hunter is really climbing up draft boards. At one point it was highly unlikely he went inside the top 10, now I cant see how he doesnt.

He's getting Kawhi comps. I never saw Kawhi in college, so I don't know how accurate that is. Hunter is intriguing though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last 7 games that Love has played the Cavs are 5-2.

they gotta shut his ass down.

ASAP.

interesting to see what hte Lakers do with LeBron.

I could not think anything better for LeBron then to get a solid 6+ months off after the insane load of games he has played over the last 9 seasons.

Well, it's not like they're winning consistently with him playing, so does it really matter?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying since the beginning of the year that the Warriors were the presumptive favorite this year but it was far less certain this year than the past few years.

Even last year had Chris Paul not got injured they probably would have more than likely lost last year

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ifs and buts, candy and nuts

Didn't happen, doesn't matter

That wasn't the point. It was more pointing to their vulnerability even going back to last year. It was a forward looking statement if you will

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ifs and buts, candy and nuts

Didn't happen, doesn't matter

I have to say, I hate this sort of argument.

The Golden State Warriors are, without question, the defending world champions. But it isn't like it was foreordained by the Gods. They absolutely could, and perhaps should, have lost to the Rockets. Just as they likely beat the Cavs in 2016 if Green isn't an idiot. Just as they could have been beat by the Thunder prior to that Cavs series.

Sports are not set in stone and random events(strange plays or injuries) can affect an entire series. Sometimes in ways you never realize.

When the Seahawks lost to the Patriots, everyone talks about the final interception and how that decided that game. But what people don't talk about was how the Seahawks defense was absolutely crushing the Patriots for most of the game until Cliff Avril went down and all of the sudden the Patriots start marching up and down the field. No one talks about the crazy Kearse catch right before the pick.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with talking about the woulda,could, shoulda about games. It's part of following sports. And it doesn't take away from the Warriors championships anymore than the Giants freakishly unlikely Super Bowl championship in 2012 is less valid because they got every single freakish break.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, I hate this sort of argument.

The Golden State Warriors are, without question, the defending world champions. But it isn't like it was foreordained by the Gods. They absolutely could, and perhaps should, have lost to the Rockets. Just as they likely beat the Cavs in 2016 if Green isn't an idiot. Just as they could have been beat by the Thunder prior to that Cavs series.

Sports are not set in stone and random events(strange plays or injuries) can affect an entire series. Sometimes in ways you never realize.

When the Seahawks lost to the Patriots, everyone talks about the final interception and how that decided that game. But what people don't talk about was how the Seahawks defense was absolutely crushing the Patriots for most of the game until Cliff Avril went down and all of the sudden the Patriots start marching up and down the field. No one talks about the crazy Kearse catch right before the pick.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with talking about the woulda,could, shoulda about games. It's part of following sports. And it doesn't take away from the Warriors championships anymore than the Giants freakishly unlikely Super Bowl championship in 2012 is less valid because they got every single freakish break.

Well said

People don't like to talk about the what if, because it requires more though then dur what happened...

I would add to your list that had Irving and Love not been injured they likely win in 2015...You forgot that one

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said

People don't like to talk about the what if, because it requires more though then dur what happened...

I would add to your list that had Irving and Love not been injured they likely win in 2015...You forgot that one

I thought about that one but decided to change sports instead.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Walton's contract is up, he won't actually be getting fired. An announcement probably won't be made until they find their next coach, so I would think the Lakers should have the upper hand. Who knows with Lavar though; his mouth has no limits.

If LaVar Ball is named the HC.....I quit being a Lakers fan.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My freaking GAWD. I said that Cavs team coming back from down 1-3 wasn't amazing because GS WAS NOT HEALTHY!!!!!! If that converts to me discounting their title to you then so be it.

Yes, losing happens more than winning does when we consider there is only ONE winner each season.

Between MJ, Kobe & LBJ no one knows that more as he has LOST MORE TIMES THAN HE'S WON in the Finals. Saying I believe losing is less of an accomplishment than not getting to the finals is you moving the goal posts yet again. Talk about stay on topic, again something you should practice before you preach to others about it.

If you think he's accomplished more because he's made it to the Finals more times, but also has lost more times there than either MJ or Kobe then you are asinine. It's just as simple as that.
I will go paragraph by paragraph for your irrational.....

Yes, saying they came back because GS was not healthy is discounting their title. Check

And one has no chance to be the winner when they don't get to the Finals. But maybe MJ thought the same as you and just begged out of getting there so as not to lose to superior teams once he got there?

Another pretty easy question you refused to answer. Typical of the irrational. You are saying only the Finals matter, so it seems asking if getting there is more of an accomplishment than not. Goal posts stayed still......but you wont answer. Not a surprise.

Did I ever say Lebron has accomplished more? Just tried to point out to you when discussing a player and comparing him to another you could look at things other than titles. Do you disagree?

You need to hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass. At the very least, find someone who will answer direct questions posed to you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I feel you missed one?? You are so busy claiming everyone else is deflecting you can't even recall the question originally asked.
This is a common situation with you here. You spend the majority of your time trying to show everyone up & spend so much of your time in asinine mode that you're constantly moving the goal posts & can't focus on the original subject at hand.

I'm willing to guess your answer would be another reason that I would recommend you practice what you preach so I'll just pass.

And before you start with how everyone likes to argue with you this back & forth started because you quoted my post in response to someone else.
The common situation is you being asked a direct question and deflecting (as you did again).

My claim is I answer all direct questions asked. If you think there's one I missed and can prove otherwise, feel free to let me know (and I, of course, will admit I missed it then will answer).

You need to hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass. At the very least, find someone who will answer direct questions posed to you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry LAD the injury excuse for the '16 Finals is completely invalid. Just like Cavs fans couldn't use the injury excuse for the '15 Finals.

And as far as LeBron's Finals appearances I think it's amazing he was able to drag those awful '07 & '18 Cavs teams all the way to the Finals. How many times were Lebron-led teams the favorite, twice?
you mean favorites in the Finals, or in series those seasons?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As have i

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Terrible all around.

I will say this too.

When one of their stars are missing, Kerr's rotations can be absolutely astounding sometimes.

The Warriors match up best with the Celtics when they go smaller. Yet I never saw that lineup even once. Instead he kept rotating random wing players through the 2 spot and seemed to give all the 5 minutes to either Bell or Cousins.
Adding to my suspicion that Cousins may be as much of a problem as a benefit for this team