• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second paragraph of your post is the reason that some stars don't want to play with him. Now LA is getting a taste of what Cle & Mia went through...albeit probably mostly Cle.
Not sure him wanting to trade everyone was a huge issue here, but you know about the other antics I'm sure.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't both be true?

Cleveland would not have won if not for the injuries.

But, it was still amazing. Most impressive individual performance in a Finals upset win of all time.
Seems fair, though not sure we know they still don't win. They did win games 3 with Green and Bogut in there, and game 6 and 7 with Green.

won a couple games the previous postseason with no Love nor Kyrie and Green and Bogut healthy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that's not what I said. She referenced the greatest come back ever in the comparison to MJ. I said I could understand it had he done it against a healthy GS team.
Not a she if you care, but no biggie.....I referenced the big comeback because it showed Lebron does not lack a will to win. And it did......at least then.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think that performance might be just a tad watered down when the other team is without one or two starters?

Same concept as a guy getting 60 points in a game against a team that sucks.
Now you are calling it watered down, but say you haven't disparaged their title?

You need to hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he didn't score 60 against a team that sucked.

He led an amazing comeback against a team that won an NBA record 73 games and was a bit short handed.

If any of Curry, Bogut or Iggy had been 100% I don't think it goes down the same way. But that wasn't LeBron's fault and his performance was insanely great.

So no. Not watered down at all.
Obviously not better for the team or the fans but I think even more impressive was getting 2 wins the previous season if we are just talking what was a better feat.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the people that give the "golden state" was injured excuse are fucking retarded

Bogut is a joke

Once again, a timeline of Curry's "injury"

Injured originally on April 24th.

Returned to play May 9th

played in his next 9 games, at LEAST 37 minutes a night, until the Finals started on June 2nd.

So once again, sustained an injury on April 24th, returned on May 9th, and played in 9 straight games at LEAST 37 minutes a night--- and THEN the Finals started on June 2nd. Missed ZERO Finals games.

andrew fucking bogut, LOL

do you know what ACTUAL real injury concerns are?

when your 2nd best player and your 3rd best player miss a combined 11 out of 12 Finals games.

NOT when you get hurt 6 weeks before the Finals start and come back and play full minutes a MONTH before the Finals start.

people need to get their heads out of their asses.
Never mind Cavs beat them with Bogut and Green both playing as well as a couple other times with Green playing.

Agree, this was addressed earlier, Bogut a joke. -25 if I recall for the series and played around 10 minutes/game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurt April 24th

Returned May 9th

played in 9 straight games 37 minutes a night.

Finals started on June 2nd

anyone that says Curry was injured is, as i said, a fucking retard.
you are right, but pretty sure Lance agreed with you. I didn't see it, but if you gave him a BS rating for agreeing that does seem odd.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the game...what happened W's?

Hayward went off. He heard everyone talking shit about him yesterday lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felt like a loss. Boston always plays them tough. If they can somehow get through the East and the Ws take the West, I'm not so sure the Ws are huge favorites.

One thing is sure, the Finals if they make it will be the toughest of all they've had. There are no guarantees the Warriors win again. The league has closed the gap considerably.
these guys might disagree, unless you meant since Durant came aboard...

th

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you might be, but I don't think we know yet after just one injury.

Yeah, the timing is curious because he's never had an injury that caused him to miss significant time before and suddenly has one when he's 34.

On the other hand, unlike Kobe's Achilles blowing apart, Lebron's injury wasn't exactly an uncommon basketball injury. What is uncommon is how many years, games, and minutes he's played without injury.

Could it be age? Sure. If nothing else, age may explain why it took as long as it did for him to return.

It could also be the odds catching up.

As you said, we just don't know yet.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan never jumped teams for a better situation. Favoring Lebron's drive over Jordan's makes me think you never saw Jordan play.
Tell me all the series you remember MJ winning when he was a clear underdog.

Have you ever thought MJ never jumped teams because the CBA was different? No max deals in money or length. Guy's second deal was 7 years, wasn't it? Then the Bulls paid him $30 mil+ when no one else could come close to that.

Guy hated Krause. You don't think he'd have stuck it to him if someone offered the same money?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the timing is curious because he's never had an injury that caused him to miss significant time before and suddenly has one when he's 34.

On the other hand, unlike Kobe's Achilles blowing apart, Lebron's injury wasn't exactly an uncommon basketball injury. What is uncommon is how many years, games, and minutes he's played without injury.

Could it be age? Sure. If nothing else, age may explain why it took as long as it did for him to return.

Only thing we know is many have been thinking since he got near 30 his luck would run out and it still took another 4-5 years for it to happen. ....so I'm not betting this wasn't just a freak occurrence.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing we know is many have been thinking since he got near 30 his luck would run out and it still took another 4-5 years for it to happen. ....so I'm not betting this wasn't just a freak occurrence.

At some point, though, the body always gives out... it's not a matter of if, but when.

And the odds of that day coming get steadily higher the older you get.

Last edited: