• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am SMASHED at work, and am paying attention to the blood bath of Cleveland coaches, but i do have to say- i get a kick out of someone of DJ's education level correcting my grammar and spelling on a sports message board. This is mostly the result of a chip on DJ's shoulder if you ask me. I went to a great high school, solid undergrad, and have my juris doctorate. And DJ is trying to correct my grammar. its laughable.
Not to impugn your statement.

* proceeds to do this very thing *

Having a College degree is not a barometer of intelligence.

* Hello, Bill Gates? *

But, that's DJ's thing.

I just like giving him Shit sometimes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to impugn your statement.

* proceeds to do this very thing *

Having a College degree is not a barometer of intelligence.

* Hello, Bill Gates? *

But, that's DJ's thing.

I just like giving him Shit sometimes.
i agree its not a barometer of intelligence but its hard for me to imagine people getting college degrees without having basic grammar skills too- unless itslike the university of phoenix

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree its not a barometer of intelligence but its hard for me to imagine people getting college degrees without having basic grammar skills too- unless itslike the university of phoenix

:lol:

University of Phoenix has ZERO fucks to give.

You can straight out buy a degree.

When I worked at the Sheriff's Department, they flat out stated they will not accept any degrees from that Institution.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't pass early because he lacks a "go to move", he passes early because he pushes the pace and tries to get the ball into the hands of playmakers as soon as he possibly can. It's what he did at UCLA and it's a big part of why the Lakers drafted him.

As a pg, especially a pass first pg, he doesn't really need a go to move. But he does need a consistent, reliable shot. So far this season, he is shooting about 48% from the field and 41% from 3. If he keeps that up, or close to it, he and the Lakers offense will be just fine.

He's also been moving without the ball pretty well. He doesn't have much choice because the Lakers offense, much like the Warriors, is predicated on ball and player movement.

Actually, it's quite the opposite. Passing the ball ahead early, puts more pressure on the defense because if they don't get back and don't get to their assignment quickly, it results in easy baskets. Passing early has a lot to do with why the Lakers are 2nd in the league in points per game, 2nd in the league in points in the paint, 1st in fast break points and 1st in pace of play.
Of course his % looks good now...a week into the season coupled with he doesn't start so there's less of a sample size. Let's revisit this at the AS break. Also, if his style of passing first is so good, why isn't it equating to wins and why is Rondo starting over him who also is a pass first PG but doesn't pass 5 sec into the shot clock?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of my most intelligent friends cannot spell for shit. It irks me so much knowing that he not only went to a better college than I did, but also graduated with a better GPA without being able to distinguish the difference between Lose and Loose.

Everyone has different forms of intelligence. If you more than make up for it in other areas and your job/profession doesn't require a high degree of grammatical accuracy, then who cares.

But misspellings on message boards are the downfall of every great poster. You make a great counter argument about Lebron, but used the wrong there/their, you just played yourself.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course his % looks good now...a week into the season coupled with he doesn't start so there's less of a sample size. Let's revisit this at the AS break. Also, if his style of passing first is so good, why isn't it equating to wins and why is Rondo starting over him who also is a pass first PG but doesn't pass 5 sec into the shot clock?
Zo is starting now.

When Rondo returned from suspension, it was as a reserve.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LAD , @msgkings322 , @DJ

That's two.

@LAD you the homie.

But, this is what @msgkings322 has been trying to tell you and he is right.

It is very unlikely any of these guys take less, let alone all of them.

There is no doubt because the words came out of Durant's mouth.

"I'm not thinking about none of that s--t," Durant said on Wednesday, per The Athletic's Marcus Thompson II. "I am thinking about the money I'm going to get. I never got the (massive) deal. I've just seen a bunch of dudes around the league making so much money—and I'm happy for them. But I know I deserve that, too. That's the only thing I'm probably thinking about, to be honest."

Kevin Durant Only Thinking About Money He's Going to Get, Not Free-Agency 'S--t'
And I've been saying can't argue when it comes from the horses mouth.

Now we'll have to see what choice he makes because he's now told us both things are important to him- yet it may not be possible to have them both.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zo is starting now.

When Rondo returned from suspension, it was as a reserve.
And how has that worked out?? Lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
June 30th.

Dude....it's worse than you thought.

Look what you were willing to give up.....lol

What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

If he was making 18-22 mill....maybe.....because he fits so good with James.....

Now after the 30 mill ext when he'll be making insane money at 34-35????? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK NO.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am SMASHED at work, and am paying attention to the blood bath of Cleveland coaches, but i do have to say- i get a kick out of someone of DJ's education level correcting my grammar and spelling on a sports message board. This is mostly the result of a chip on DJ's shoulder if you ask me. I went to a great high school, solid undergrad, and have my juris doctorate. And DJ is trying to correct my grammar. its laughable.

*Errrr, um, various sounds of hesitation*

My education level?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was making 18-22 mill....maybe.....because he fits so good with James.....

Now after the 30 mill ext when he'll be making insane money at 34-35????? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK NO.

Agree.

That's gonna be the case with a few guys.

Cp3, Blake, Love and Jimmy Butler.

Some of those guys will be making over 40 million.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

That's gonna be the case with a few guys.

Cp3, Blake, Love and Jimmy Butler.

Some of those guys will be making over 40 million.

I didn't like Kobe getting his 2 year 50 mill deal but it was basically a lifetime contract deal and looks tame compared to some deals nowadays.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my most intelligent friends cannot spell for shit. It irks me so much knowing that he not only went to a better college than I did, but also graduated with a better GPA without being able to distinguish the difference between Lose and Loose.

Everyone has different forms of intelligence. If you more than make up for it in other areas and your job/profession doesn't require a high degree of grammatical accuracy, then who cares.

But misspellings on message boards are the downfall of every great poster. You make a great counter argument about Lebron, but used the wrong there/their, you just played yourself.
Exactly. My boss is only a couple levels below the company's CEO, yet I have to proof read all his communications for grammatical & spelling errors.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Errrr, um, various sounds of hesitation*

My education level?
Don't take that bait. @Citysuish's explanation of what miss spellings on these boards looks like is very accurate & at @Wiggy knows it. He's moded.