• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,221.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my most intelligent friends cannot spell for shit. It irks me so much knowing that he not only went to a better college than I did, but also graduated with a better GPA without being able to distinguish the difference between Lose and Loose.

Everyone has different forms of intelligence. If you more than make up for it in other areas and your job/profession doesn't require a high degree of grammatical accuracy, then who cares.

But misspellings on message boards are the downfall of every great poster. You make a great counter argument about Lebron, but used the wrong there/their, you just played yourself.

Gonna throw it out there.....did a couple of years of college (don't think the college matters and won't post on here having learned my lesson about personal info on message boards) but never got the degree....Wiggy thinks he's better because he got the degree....the elitist mentality he has.

I'm good at what I do and do well when it comes to my paychecks....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my most intelligent friends cannot spell for shit. It irks me so much knowing that he not only went to a better college than I did, but also graduated with a better GPA without being able to distinguish the difference between Lose and Loose.

Everyone has different forms of intelligence. If you more than make up for it in other areas and your job/profession doesn't require a high degree of grammatical accuracy, then who cares.

But misspellings on message boards are the downfall of every great poster. You make a great counter argument about Lebron, but used the wrong there/their, you just played yourself.
I remember a lot of random facts.

Like..... @msgkings322 is not a fan of the misuse of then and than....lol

The only thing that makes my eye twitch is when people pronounce
" ask " as " axe " or "specific " as "Pacific.

That drives me up the fucking wall.

Otherwise, I don't really care.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,221.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a lot of random facts.

Like..... @msgkings322 is not a fan of the misuse of then and than....lol

The only thing that makes my eye twitch is when people pronounce " ask " as " axe " or "specific " as "Pacific.

That drives me up the fucking wall.

Could and couldn't care less is the cardinal sin....

:lol:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It amazes me how many people say that wrong. If you just think about the metaphor it should help get it right?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna throw it out there.....did a couple of years of college (don't think the college matters and won't post on here having learned my lesson about personal info on message boards) but never got the degree....Wiggy thinks he's better because he got the degree....the elitist mentality he has.

Agree.

We all have different outlooks on what constitutes success.

For me, if my kids are healthy and happy and turnout to be better people than me, I'm successful.

Besides, I went to College and I have a degree.

Yet, my 8th and 9th graders are already smarter....lol

Life skills > Common sense > Higher Education

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,221.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Working lunch over....

*Back to the cyber bushes (slips Mecca a 10 dollar bill for trademark purposes)*

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i just think its funny to call someone out on a message board for grammar- and i think the genesis of that is you having a chip on your shoulder due to your lack of higher education.

I would say there are VERY VERY VERY VERY VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY few people on this site who could not put together a 100% correct grammatical post if they had the time and cared. But no one cares- except someone with a chip on their shoulder.

i work on briefs/pleadings/motions that are submitted to the court or irs or wherever pretty much all day everyday where a mistake is plain not acceptable

i could give a shit if my grammar is not 100% on a sports message board.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course his % looks good now...a week into the season coupled with he doesn't start so there's less of a sample size. Let's revisit this at the AS break.

I expect that by the all star break, his percentages will be down, but they won't be nearly as bad as last year. He's been hitting shots, but if he keeps it up, teams will start paying more attention.

Also, if his style of passing first is so good, why isn't it equating to wins and why is Rondo starting over him who also is a pass first PG but doesn't pass 5 sec into the shot clock?

Actually, both of the Lakers wins were with Lonzo starting due to Rondo being suspended. So the Lakers are 2-1 when Lonzo starts and 0-3 when Rondo starts.

From what I've read, Lonzo will be the starter going forward. Rondo is a different type of pass first pg than Lonzo. Lonzo pushes the pace and does it by passing ahead early to put pressure on the defense.

Rondo also pushes the pace, but it's with him dribbling the ball into the front court and then looking to pass the ball.

Reactions: LAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, who said it has to be this years pick?

Even if it was this years pick, they can place protections on the pick so that if it ends up being, for example, a top 15 pick, they keep it.

Sure.

You can place protections on the pick. But that changes nothing. Korver is not that good anymore.

Also, about half of his 2019 salary is fully guaranteed and he is on the books for 7.5 million if not waived over the summer. The Lakers need that cap space next year and trading a 1st for a washed up 37 year old shooter likely to be waived over the summer who will will still generate a 3.5 million cap hit is terrible business.

The Lakers can find much better uses for that pick. Because Korver doesn't help them enough to offset the cost. Both is terms of cap hit and his actual performance.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just think its funny to call someone out on a message board for grammar- and i think the genesis of that is you having a chip on your shoulder due to your lack of higher education.

I would say there are VERY VERY VERY VERY VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY few people on this site who could not put together a 100% correct grammatical post if they had the time and cared. But no one cares- except someone with a chip on their shoulder.

i work on briefs/pleadings/motions that are submitted to the court or irs or wherever pretty much all day everyday where a mistake is plain not acceptable

i could give a shit if my grammar is not 100% on a sports message board.

I agree with this.

My grammar is pretty bad on here because I post from my phone and rarely take the time to proofread. Lots of typos. Many are my fault (well, technically they are all my fault) and some are due to autocorrect. It just isn't easy to do on such a tiny screen.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pop, Cola, Soda.....

If it's a Coke or Pepsi, it's a cola.

Sprite is not a fucking cola.

People in AZ call 7up, Sierra Mist and Melo Yellow.....cola.

Pop?

That's some regional Shit.

I use Soda as a catch all.