• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol so we're back on LBJ beating the less than healthy GS. Ok.

Has LBJ ever won all of his Finals appearances? Want to take a stab at which one of them has?

Does LBJ have a winning record in the Finals? Take a guess at which two out of the three players we're talking about does?
LBJ has played 16 seasons and went to the Finals 9 times. MJ played 15 seasons and went 6 times.

If you want to compare apples to apples through age 35 season, still 16 and 9 for Lebron. 13 and 6 for MJ.

Lakers team MJ beat had some serious injuries, didn't they? (and didn't win 73 games that year). Can we discount that title for him?

The biggest "lol" is you thinking a guy who missed a game or 2 who played 10 minutes a game and another missing one game compares to 2 all stars missing an entire series and all but 1 game.

Please never change.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I'll admit playoffs were expected, least from my end...

not much more than that, though...
IMO the reality is he probably isn't winning a title in LA. The way Rich overplayed his hand with the AD situation it might have further damaged their chances at getting a 2nd max player.

And LBJ is only getting older. We've seen the first phase of father time with his groin injury....my guess would be there are more to come. We saw the same thing with Kobe....a handful of minor injuries leading up to his Achilles.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i definitely do not think its Ingram's and Kuzma's fault the Lakers are where they are.

If I were to list reasons why they are were they are I would go:

1. Magic's and Pelinka's efforts to build the team- lack of shooting, lack of character guys- and one underated aspect- putting a bunch of guys on 1 year contracts playing for deals and a bunch of young guys together does not make for a very stable mix;

2. LeBron's Leadership (or lack there of it).- LeBron's lack of leadership- he went from a guy that other players rallied around and loved to play with, to a guy that the other guys just look like they do not enjoy being led by. He seemed to make a lot of excuses, and never blame himself or take responsibility.

LeBron used to inspire and, even the last couple years in Cleveland, seemed to be becoming more bitter and more detached and less willing to be the leader that the guys needed and it really showed this year in LA.

3. Injuries- LeBron's of course, but at 34, having already played almost 200 more games than Michael Jordan played in his career- you couldnt count on iron man LeBron to play 80 games anymore- Lonzo Ball continuing not being able to stay healthy. Every team has injuries and the Lakers injuries were not out of line with a lot of teams though. I mean look at a team like the PAcers who lost their best player for the year, or the Rockets who lost Paul and Capela for months at a time.

4. Walton's rotations/matchups

I also think Cleveland fans adored him and actually appreciated him...maybe not all but some or even most take Lebron for granted in LA. I think it pretty much boils down to everything that could have went wrong, did. He should have never went to L.A., I think he is realizing that now lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

You know what else MJ didn't do? He never got swept in the Finals either...
But he got swept in a playoff series. That's better?

Are you "lol"ing at your own foolishness? Maybe syh a little or throw in an irrelevant meme/GIF too.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I'll admit playoffs were expected, least from my end...

not much more than that, though...
I think that's where the consensus was, lower seed, probably a tough first round exit

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ has played 16 seasons and went to the Finals 9 times. MJ played 15 seasons and went 6 times.

If you want to compare apples to apples through age 35 season, still 16 and 9 for Lebron. 13 and 6 for MJ.

Lakers team MJ beat had some serious injuries, didn't they? (and didn't win 73 games that year). Can we discount that title for him?

The biggest "lol" is you thinking a guy who missed a game or 2 who played 10 minutes a game and another missing one game compares to 2 all stars missing an entire series and all but 1 game.

Please never change.
First off, when did I ever say the Cavs' title should be discounted? I'll wait while you go back & look.

The point is that you act like he came back from 1-3 against the Dubs when they were at full strength. If that had been the case I'm sure there wouldn't be many to deny it would've been amazing.

Second why are you counting every season rather than actual playoff runs and WINS?? I'll tell you why. Because that is not a favoring stat for LBJ. We see it all the time & this time is no different.

So, lets look at the real #s, shall we?

MJ is 6 of 6 in the Finals & LBJ is 3 of 9. Enough said.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he got swept in a playoff series. That's better?

Are you "lol"ing at your own foolishness? Maybe syh a little or throw in an irrelevant meme/GIF too.

You were the one who started with the questions....so figured I'd play your game & throw one back at you.

There are no words....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's where the consensus was, lower seed, probably a tough first round exit

I think the season could have be different if he didn't miss those 20 games honestly and then the Ball injury. One thing after another. They did have a top 4 seed at the time, not saying that would have lasted but they were playing better

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, when did I ever say the Cavs' title should be discounted? I'll wait while you go back & look.

The point is that you act like he came back from 1-3 against the Dubs when they were at full strength. If that had been the case I'm sure there wouldn't be many to deny it would've been amazing.

Second why are you counting every season rather than actual playoff runs and WINS?? I'll tell you why. Because that is not a favoring stat for LBJ. We see it all the time & this time is no different.

You are discounting the title by mentioning the injuries GS had to deal with. And you did it again in this post. Tough time keeping up with your own blather now? didn't I tell you that you need to hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass.

Why do you discount all the years MJ failed to get to the Finals? Are you really saying it's better to lose in the playoffs (even round 1 as MJ has done) than lose in the Finals?

This is why you are one of those where I'll never see a comment from you and say you can never top it. I know your amount of irrational is unlimited.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were the one who started with the questions....so figured I'd play your game & throw one back at you.

There are no words....
I answer questions. You deflect. Nice try though.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the reality is he probably isn't winning a title in LA. The way Rich overplayed his hand with the AD situation it might have further damaged their chances at getting a 2nd max player.

And LBJ is only getting older. We've seen the first phase of father time with his groin injury....my guess would be there are more to come. We saw the same thing with Kobe....a handful of minor injuries leading up to his Achilles.

and THIS, in big capital letters, was the OTHER reason i didn't want him here, outside of my general loathing for the guy...

i'm one of the ones who thought the decline might be coming when most saw him playing well into his 40's(as a top 10 player in some folks opinions)...

we'll know if i'm right about that soon enough...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The comprehension level in this post. Wow...toddler-like lolzzz

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the season could have be different if he didn't miss those 20 games honestly and then the Ball injury. One thing after another. They did have a top 4 seed at the time, not saying that would have lasted but they were playing better
Of course. Injuries did it, they usually are the reason. Not an excuse but the obvious reason. We all knew LeBron would stop being superhuman as he got older and the Lakers bad luck was it happened this year

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. My hope is that Magic tells Lebron and Rich Paul (even if Jeanie has to make him do it), no more playing GM and no more complaints about Luke. We'll consult with you on guys we're considering, but you guys need to let us do our jobs.

I do agree though. As much as I'd hate it, he'd be really good at UCLA. Or at USC if they decide to move on from Enfield.
Yeah, this is not Luke's fault.

BUT. He's getting the Blatche treatment.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is funny that when the Lakers lose to Phoenix, they're going down in flames. When the Bucks lose to them the very next game, crickets. Never mind that the Lakers coughed up a potential win over the Bucks as well...

The team hasn't quit; they have key players (Rondo, Lebron) that aren't taking defense seriously enough. Rondo used to be all-NBA; his regression isn't about anything other than interest IMO, and it really hurts this team. They routinely get beat up by opposing backcourts; whomever Rondo gets switched onto scores easily. The whole team goes through lapses where they don't know the defensive rotations, and I think that's at least partially related. They need Ball back to solidify that backcourt defense.
The Team quit.

You can rearrange the truth all you want.

They quit.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Lebron is still hurt, but he's not in shape from sitting out for so long which is essentially, the same result.

I disagree that they've quit. They just aren't healthy. They're in a "must win situation" and lose Ingram for at least last night and he's been arguably their best player since the all star break. Ball won't be back until Thursday at the earliest and I doubt even then because he hasn't even practiced yet.

With all of the injuries, guys are playing minutes and roles that they were never intended to and they are fading late in games.
They quit.

From a talent standpoint, even with injuries, they should beat the Suns, Hawks, Pelicans and Clippers.

One or 2 guys come to compete.

The rest just mail it in.

Last edited:
Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are discounting the title by mentioning the injuries GS had to deal with. And you did it again in this post. Tough time keeping up with your own blather now? didn't I tell you that you need to hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass.

Why do you discount all the years MJ failed to get to the Finals? Are you really saying it's better to lose in the playoffs (even round 1 as MJ has done) than lose in the Finals?

This is why you are one of those where I'll never see a comment from you and say you can never top it. I know your amount of irrational is unlimited.
I just told you what my point was....and it never once included discounting their title. Don't confuse that with your inability to comprehend what's in front of you.

I never discounted MJ's failed years just like I didn't discount LBJs. Instead I am only looking at their performances on the big stage...you know where they compete for all the marbles. Who cares how many series they lost before they got there when every team has accomplished losing in the playoffs? Especially when losing happens more than winning does.

If the comparison is MJ/LBJ common sense tells us to look at their accomplishments which would include their ability to reach the ultimate goal of winning a championship. Only asinine thinking would make someone include falling short of their goal as part of that picture - more specifically in a competitive sport.

Probably time for you to start practicing what you preach and hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I answer questions. You deflect. Nice try though.
Girl bye. You did not answer the question...you certainly tried to deflect with asking another stupid question....in typical fashion.