• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I just don't think there was a lot available at the time.

Despite the obvious flaws, that roster was working when everyone was healthy and playing the minutes they were intended.

Once the injuries started, they had guys taking on bigger roles than they were expected to and they started showing why they were available on 1 year deals later in the FA period.

I think they had 2 things they may have overlooked. I think they should have brought Slowpez back. He's not great, but he can space the floor which creates lanes for Lebron, Ingram, etc, that they just don't have with McGee and Chandler.

They also should have tried to sign Ellington who I hear was available.

Having said that, I don't know who all the Lakers talked to. Just because a guy is available, doesn't mean you automatically get him. They may have talked to guys who were looking for more opportunity to play and/or start than they would have had with the Lakers.
I agree- its hard to say anything concretely- but i posted a bunch of guys that signed 1 year or short term deals yesterday

would it have been interesting to see if Tony Parker- who took 2 years 10 from Charlotte would have taken 1 year 7 from the Lakers? Or even just give him Rondo's contract of 1 year 9?

I certainly would have given Jeff Green near the veteran min. to be a guy who could come off the bench, rebound and be athletic.

Ellington would have been a perfect floor spreader--- Nik Stauskas signed for the league minimum and worshipped LEBron as a kid and could have came in and hit open 3's with high proficiency. Lopez we already mentioned. Mbah a Moute took a 1 year 4.5M dolar deal to go to the Clippers. Amir Johnson took a 1 year very small deal with the Sixers. Ed Davis signed with the Nets for 1 year 4.5M. Elfrid Payton signed a 1 year small deal in NO. There were more guys that signed 1 year options then you might think.....and from what I have heard- waft playing in LA and playing iwth LeBron under a guys nose and thats at LEAST a tie breaker- from everything i have been told.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I'd settle for him adding being a decent free throw shooter. lol

I love how he runs the offense, I love his vision and passing, I love his defense...I cringe every time he shoots.

Yeah, if nothing else, the kids have gotten to play some meaningful games late in the season. That should help them going forward.
bad free throw shooting, bad 3 pt shooting, and high turnovers....not a good combo. makes the margin for error just smaller and smaller.

Lakers are 28th in 3 pt shooting, 28th in turnovers, and 30th (last) in free throw shooting.

not easy to overcome that.

if anything is an indictment of Walton- its those stats- at least the FT shooting and turnovers.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda looks like a complaint...

hmm...

#jussayin'
No it was just a question, I find you often confuse simple queries and posts with complaints

hmm...

#noimjustsayin

#hashtagsarestilldumb

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I'd settle for him adding being a decent free throw shooter. lol

I love how he runs the offense, I love his vision and passing, I love his defense...I cringe every time he shoots.

Yeah, if nothing else, the kids have gotten to play some meaningful games late in the season. That should help them going forward.
Lol I forgot he can't shoot F/Ts either.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harry Giles last 3 games: 56 minutes/50 points/17 rebounds/6 assists/6 fouls

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree- its hard to say anything concretely- but i posted a bunch of guys that signed 1 year or short term deals yesterday

would it have been interesting to see if Tony Parker- who took 2 years 10 from Charlotte would have taken 1 year 7 from the Lakers? Or even just give him Rondo's contract of 1 year 9?

I certainly would have given Jeff Green near the veteran min. to be a guy who could come off the bench, rebound and be athletic.

Ellington would have been a perfect floor spreader--- Nik Stauskas signed for the league minimum and worshipped LEBron as a kid and could have came in and hit open 3's with high proficiency. Lopez we already mentioned. Mbah a Moute took a 1 year 4.5M dolar deal to go to the Clippers. Amir Johnson took a 1 year very small deal with the Sixers. Ed Davis signed with the Nets for 1 year 4.5M. Elfrid Payton signed a 1 year small deal in NO. There were more guys that signed 1 year options then you might think.....and from what I have heard- waft playing in LA and playing iwth LeBron under a guys nose and thats at LEAST a tie breaker- from everything i have been told.

I agree. But, for all we know, the Lakers talked to all of those guys.

I think that a big part of the issue they may have had was that, for the most part, those guys weren't going to be starting or playing heavy minutes. For a guy looking to start/play a lot and get himself a bigger contract, the Lakers wouldn't be that attractive.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bad free throw shooting, bad 3 pt shooting, and high turnovers....not a good combo. makes the margin for error just smaller and smaller.

Lakers are 28th in 3 pt shooting, 28th in turnovers, and 30th (last) in free throw shooting.

not easy to overcome that.

if anything is an indictment of Walton- its those stats- at least the FT shooting and turnovers.

Yeah, everyone knew going in that if at least a couple of the kids didn't become consistent 35%+ shooters from 3 and improve the free throw shooting, they were going to have to find some shooters (which is why they traded for Bullock and Muscala).

The turnovers, you can live with to a point because the pace they play at when they are healthy is going to cause some of that. I think that would improve naturally as all of the kids, but particularly Lonzo, learned the game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they could've won that game last night if LBJ would've taken over in the last 6 mins or so. It was right there for him to go get it. MJ and Kobe would've went balls to the walls to win that game.

THAT is the difference - and always will be - between him & MJ/Kobe.
MJ ever go balls to the wall and beat a team who was heavily favored to beat him? Down 3-1 in the series?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it was just a question, I find you often confuse simple queries and posts with complaints

hmm...

#noimjustsayin

#hashtagsarestilldumb

questions worded like complaints...

ok, if you say so...

pretty sure i'm not the only one who'd read that the same way...

#could be YOUdoc:dhd:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG: Sexton
SG: Osman
SF: LeBron
PF: Love
C: TT
bench: Delly, Nance, Clarkson, Henson

PG: Ball
SG: Ingram
PF: Kuzma
C: McGee

bench: Stephenson, Rondo, KCP, Chandler

i know it wont come as a surprise, but i think if Team 1 and Team 2 played eachother in a playoff series, Team 1 would win.
Obviously can't do it with Lebron on both teams but if you could I agree. Cavs have the much better team to play WITH Lebron. Take him out and it's close.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
questions worded like complaints...

ok, if you say so...

pretty sure i'm not the only one who'd read that the same way...

#could be YOUdoc:dhd:
wait I thought I was supposed to get the last word?

a complaint is a complaint, a question is a question. not that hard to figure out even for YOU.... :dhd:

#hashtagsstillarentfunny

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was never intended to be a finished product this year. The 1 year contract fill-ins are evidence of that. The Lakers added one big piece, missed on a second, so they are punting their cap space to next year. Any expectations for this season really aren't much of a factor, as there really shouldn't be any. The Lakers will continue to build the roster this summer, hopefully adding that second max-type player.

People are expecting a winning show car that hasn't finished the restoration yet. The engine was replaced and some bodywork has been done, but the project isn't finished.
The 1-year fill-ins are evidence Magic failed to land another superstar.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ ever go balls to the wall and beat a team who was heavily favored to beat him? Down 3-1 in the series?
Good point re never beating a heavily favored team, but the fact he never got down 3-1 to have to come back from is maybe a different point

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point re never beating a heavily favored team, but the fact he never got down 3-1 to have to come back from is maybe a different point
You do realize there are other series besides the Finals, right? More often than not, MJ didn't even get to the Finals to fall down 3-1 in the Finals.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol so we're back on LBJ beating the less than healthy GS. Ok.

Has LBJ ever won all of his Finals appearances? Want to take a stab at which one of them has?

Does LBJ have a winning record in the Finals? Take a guess at which two out of the three players we're talking about does?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize there are other series besides the Finals, right? More often than not, MJ didn't even get to the Finals to fall down 3-1 in the Finals.
lol

You know what else MJ didn't do? He never got swept in the Finals either...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG: Sexton
SG: Osman
PF: Love
C: TT
bench: Delly, Nance, Clarkson, Henson

PG: Ball
SG: Ingram
PF: Kuzma
C: McGee

bench: Stephenson, Rondo, KCP, Chandler

i know it wont come as a surprise, but i think if Team 1 and Team 2 played eachother in a playoff series, Team 1 would win.

Cleveland's bench is much better than LA's. LA has one of the worst benches in the league. Ingram has come on recently but with Cleveland's lineup it fits Lebron much better and he has shooters all around him. I would take that Cavs lineup over the Lakers. Funny that we are even talking about it but it's true. Osman and Sexton are still very young and have a ton of potential, should be interesting to see how they progress