• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%. The Cavs built that team completely around Lebron. Which, at the time, was the best way to do it. If not for the Warriors doing what they did just as Lebron returned, the Cavs probably have at least 1 more title, maybe more.

The Lakers probably would have built their roster the same way if they were getting a younger Lebron. But, they got him when they got him and now need to try to build a roster that is less dependent on him.
That's probably true, but I'm sure if they could have found shooters they'd have brought them in. Not ripping them in this instance as I can't recall who was available.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you get ripped for that? Love would be ideal in that scenario.
By you I might not.....but Love is ideal to play with Lebron in the scenario he was in (and many don't seem to get that). Not as ideal as that dream scenario, though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't seem Rozier and Brown know how to play with him. I'd have to look at the in depth stats but I'd be willing to bet they do better when he's on the bench.
Seemed like Tatum was better without him, too....at least in the playoffs from what I saw last year.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By you I might not.....but Love is ideal to play with Lebron in the scenario he was in (and many don't seem to get that). Not as ideal as that dream scenario, though.

I don't think you'll see many people argue he wasn't a good fit next to Lebron. I think the premises become skewed when you start comparing Love to others.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree no comparison to Lebron and said so.....but certainly losing Kyrie and Love is worse than Rondo, Kuzma or Ball being out.
Kyrie and Love are more experience players, but any time you lose a player even if it is a scrub like Lonzo Ball or Rondo - it hurts you enough and one missing player can be compensated for, but not when you have two or three players like the Lakers who were decimated with injuries - not the same thing

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't seem Rozier and Brown know how to play with him. I'd have to look at the in depth stats but I'd be willing to bet they do better when he's on the bench.

I think the Boston system as a whole isn't really constructed (or at least wasn't previously) to have a P&R point guard be the focal point of it. The offense is less fluid because of Kyrie, but that's not all Kyrie's fault either. It's like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

The Warriors first year they struggled trying to figure out how to properly use Durant. They couldn't just simply put him in Harrison Barnes place and just expect added value. They need to utilize him and from what I see of Boston is that they're struggling with an identity offensively. There's just not much flow.

The reason the team thrives when Kyrie is out is because the offense they have is built around NOT having Kyrie. So when he's in there, the pieces don't align. It's tough, but Stevens needs to be the one to alter the plan and get something going.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how they use him, but is Rozier used almost solely as his backup? If so, maybe he does too much thinking it's the only way to stay in.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Love was the best fit to play with him of all his teammates as a big who can also shoot and spread the floor is huge. But he does need another ballhandler/creator. Especially now that he's older. Agree, Kyrie better than Wade for him because he can shoot better

You realize the Big 3s you mentioned met once and the Cavs won, right? Durant is who tips the scales and with no cap room that move cannot be matched (or even close).

Your idea could work, too. I'm sure I'll get ripped for saying it but don't care....with the guys you mentioned, no reason not to make Love the PF of that team to spread the floor because you'd have other guys who could help him on D (or make up for his lack of D) in Middleton, Klay and Capela.

Lebron, Klay, Middleton, Love, Capela, Lou Williams as the top 6? Yes, please. Just need to find a true backup PG and another big. Now I'm being a homer, but I'd take my chances with Delly and TT with those other 6 (though I'm sure there are better options who are true backups and not stars)

Sure.

But Love is also a lot more expensive than Tucker.

I was trying to create a team that might have been realistic in terms of contracts also. Although Middleton and Klay about to get paid a lot this summer:

But, if I can put two near max guys around LeBron, I want the best 3 and D guys I can find. Paul George obviously would be even better. I wanted to fill remaining spots with role players who you might be able to get for less money. Yeah, I know Capella is getting paid now too, but he wasn't last year.

And I would want better than Delly for my backup PG, but TT would be great if we were on an affordable deal. Nance would be fine too if getting him cheaper.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is I was shown to be wrong a couple times today and immediately manned up, admitted my gaffes and apologized.

Doesn't change the fact that you also do everything else I described as well.

Yes, I get into arguments, but come on....there are many others here who are just as guilty.

There are only 2 other posters on here who get into an argument virtually every time they log on and get into weeks long arguments, refusing to even acknowledge the possibility that they are wrong. They aren't posters I'd want to be compared to.

I'll tell you my only issue with Lue was he became an ass in pressers. I get Pop could get like that, but it just came across different with Lue for me. Cannot put my finger on it.

I don't remember seeing that, but I also don't really watch any pressers. I rarely even watch pressers for the Lakers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Boston system as a whole isn't really constructed (or at least wasn't previously) to have a P&R point guard be the focal point of it. The offense is less fluid because of Kyrie, but that's not all Kyrie's fault either. It's like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

The Warriors first year they struggled trying to figure out how to properly use Durant. They couldn't just simply put him in Harrison Barnes place and just expect added value. They need to utilize him and from what I see of Boston is that they're struggling with an identity offensively. There's just not much flow.

The reason the team thrives when Kyrie is out is because the offense they have is built around NOT having Kyrie. So when he's in there, the pieces don't align. It's tough, but Stevens needs to be the one to alter the plan and get something going.
Very well said. Usually you'd say it's a nice problem to have (having Kyrie) but without changes that might not be true.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

But Love is also a lot more expensive than Tucker.

I was trying to create a team that might have been realistic in terms of contracts also. Although Middleton and Klay about to get paid a lot this summer:

But, if I can put two near max guys around LeBron, I want the best 3 and D guys I can find. Paul George obviously would be even better. I wanted to fill remaining spots with role players who you might be able to get for less money. Yeah, I know Capella is getting paid now too, but he wasn't last year.

And I would want better than Delly for my backup PG, but TT would be great if we were on an affordable deal. Nance would be fine too if getting him cheaper.
Seeing the lineup you created was why I thought money didn't matter as it was also not affordable assuming we were talking the future.

I'm sure you could do better than Delly but no one came to mind and we know he can play well off Lebron (and TT).

Truth be told, with the others mentioned on the team, I could give you a handful of minutes and will come cheap (relatively speaking, not shortchanging myself....no less than the minimum). 49, white, can only go left. Not much jumping or dribbling ability, but I can shoot and pass. Probably good for 80% from the FT line so if there is a tech in my 5 minutes maybe that helps.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's probably true, but I'm sure if they could have found shooters they'd have brought them in. Not ripping them in this instance as I can't recall who was available.

I don't think there was much available by the time they were able to start adding other guys.

That left him to get what they could, try to talk them up to make it look better than it really was and hope that the kids learned to shoot better.

I think they knew that, unless at least a couple of the kids showed they could consistently hit 35%+ from 3, they were going to have to try to land a shooter or 2 at the trade deadline or in the off-season.

The one mistake they made, imo, was not keeping Brook Lopez. I don't remember when he signed, but I know he had expressed interest in re-signing with the Lakers if they got Lebron.

I don't know if it was an oversight, or Lopez got tired of waiting or if they just decided that they didn't need him. But considering that he's hit more 3's than any other center in the league, they could use him.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there was much available by the time they were able to start adding other guys.

That left him to get what they could, try to talk them up to make it look better than it really was and hope that the kids learned to shoot better.

I think they knew that, unless at least a couple of the kids showed they could consistently hit 35%+ from 3, they were going to have to try to land a shooter or 2 at the trade deadline or in the off-season.

The one mistake they made, imo, was not keeping Brook Lopez. I don't remember when he signed, but I know he had expressed interest in re-signing with the Lakers if they got Lebron.

I don't know if it was an oversight, or Lopez got tired of waiting or if they just decided that they didn't need him. But considering that he's hit more 3's than any other center in the league, they could use him.

I agree, Brook Lopez was a huge oversight.

Marco Bellineli or Joe Harris would have been a much better piece than say KCP. Wayne Ellington was still out there. Gerald Green might have been another target. Could have even kicked the tires on Swaggy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't change the fact that you also do everything else I described as well.

There are only 2 other posters on here who get into an argument virtually every time they log on and get into weeks long arguments, refusing to even acknowledge the possibility that they are wrong. They aren't posters I'd want to be compared to.

I don't remember seeing that, but I also don't really watch any pressers. I rarely even watch pressers for the Lakers.
Yep, this will make you think I'm proving you right, but not the case. If I am shown to be wrong with facts I'll man up and admit my gaffe. In a matter of a couple hours earlier.....for some reason thought JJ was coach of the Cowboys 9 years, was corrected and admitted my mistake. Called out Wamu for ripping Lue. He said he doesn't. And with nothing factual to back him I still apologized as no reason to think he'd lie about it.

No doubt one issue I have is often I just don't let it go with the posters who cannot admit a gaffe, thinking they actually will. At first thought of you as the type of poster you disdain, but not anymore. There are really only a few who seem like under no circumstances would he/she ever admit a mistake or even listen to an opposing view in a discussion.

as for Lue, it's when he is asked questions he doesn't want to answer he tries to get cute like he is the Pop type and it's just a bad look for him IMO. Maybe some Cavs fans have seen it and can describe it better than I can.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not the best rebounder for someone his size, which is also an issue, but would think his shooting would help more than the rebounding McGee provides.

Why did they let Lou williams go at the time?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors poised for reunion with Andrew Bogut

@LAD

Oe7KX0d.gif
Saw this last night...I actually think sharing the role with Boogie would be a huge improvement vs. Bogut being their starting center with basically no one to spell him. I am actually hoping for it, if you can believe that. :dhd: