• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, you are the Micheal Phelps of mud paddling.

* See pages and pages of nuked pages on Fannation.

Sometimes I would come on late in the afternoon and the thread would resemble a heavily redacted, government document, that was released to the public.

I blame that pyscho Sugar.....once I pissed her off.....my account didn't last long and I had to create another when it was banhammered.....

Had the same account for about 6.5 years.....the last year I had about 12-15.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sometimes I would come on late in the afternoon and the thread would resemble a heavily redacted, government document, that was released to the public.

It's just a little :boink:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not buying the rigged lottery idea. There's a reputable accounting firm in the room, right? sure, you could say the league hired them but would look pretty bad for them and the league if someone ever got pissed and spilled the beans.

Knicks haven't picked #1 in nearly 35 years. In the Durant/Oden draft Portland and Seattle won of all teams.

You really think is was a coincidence your Cavs won the lottery for LeBron? I don't. I also don't think it was a coincidence the Knicks won the lottery to get Ewing back in the day. I think the league rigs the lottery when they think it's appropriate. And let's be honest. From a league marketing standpoint Zion in the Big Apple makes more sense than him in Cleveland.

And speaking of Zion he's an incredible talent. But I'll wait until I see him in the NBA before I make any sort of prediction on what kinda NBAer he'll be. Heard too many times over many years that this CBB player or that CBB player will be the next great player.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exact same form of cancer as my mom.....all shits and giggles that I might partake in upon this forum......seriously?

Just fucking cruel, man. My dad lost his wife, then Patches (female shiu shzu), then most likely his best friend? Just fucking wow, man......

I hear ya man also lost my mom to cancer last year

I'm sorry to hear about all that

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's hilarious that the NBA threatened to fine the Pelicans.

Over the past few years, Jr Smith, Deng, Noah, Kanter, Parker have all been healthy scratches or banished from the team.

Yet, nobody got fined.

If I was commish I wouldn't fine the Pelicans. I'd tell agent Rich Paul to STFU & stop stirring stuff up.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi , @LAD , @msgkings322 , @Hambombs

See, this is why the Dubs are a class Organization and the Clippers are the Clippers.

Perfect way to handle this as opposed to Doc saying that JJ was BEGGING to come back after he decided to sign with Philly.

Classy.

* waits for someone to site Lacobs light year comments*

The Warriors are favored to three-peat this season and feel their team, buoyed by the addition of Boogie Cousins, is in a good place as they enter the final seven weeks of the regular season. Durant’s future, they claim, is not a dark cloud hanging over their season. “We have no idea what he’s going to do,” said one team source. “Everyone wants him to stay. There’s not much more we can sell him on. If he leaves, we’ll think of it as being lucky to have him for three great years.”

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting in on the RW talk....I'd say he's a better team-mate than KD.....he didn't tuck tail and run to another team, specifically the team that beat OKC in the previous post-season.

RW has stuck it out in OKC and they have a really good team.....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speaking of Phelps he's proof if you smoke the marijauana you won't accomplish anything in life.

#4:20

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was commish I wouldn't fine the Pelicans. I'd tell agent Rich Paul to STFU & stop stirring stuff up.
It's weird.

I am starting to be a little anti-Rich Paul.

I have never given a Shit about the machinations of a Sports Agent before.

Call it the LeBron effect, I guess.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think is was a coincidence your Cavs won the lottery for LeBron? I don't. I also don't think it was a coincidence the Knicks won the lottery to get Ewing back in the day. I think the league rigs the lottery when they think it's appropriate. And let's be honest. From a league marketing standpoint Zion in the Big Apple makes more sense than him in Cleveland.

And speaking of Zion he's an incredible talent. But I'll wait until I see him in the NBA before I make any sort of prediction on what kinda NBAer he'll be. Heard too many times over many years that this CBB player or that CBB player will be the next great player.
I think having the best odds was the main reason the Cavs won the Lebron lottery. why would the league put maybe the best talent they'd ever seen coming into a draft in Cleveland? Just because he's from the area? How does that help the NBA? And why did SA win the chance to take Robinson AND Duncan?

what sucks for the NBA is if NY does win the conspiracy theorists will be out in full force. Wont possibly be because no one had a better chance than they did.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird.

I am starting to be a little anti-Rich Paul.

I have never given a Shit about the machinations of a Sports Agent before.

Call it the LeBron effect, I guess.

There's no way Rich Paul is doing this stuff on his own. And I think you're right about the LeBron effect.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting in on the RW talk....I'd say he's a better team-mate than KD.....he didn't tuck tail and run to another team, specifically the team that beat OKC in the previous post-season.

All true....

But, had they not landed George, would this be true?

That Super Max sat on the table for a loooooooooooooooong time before he signed it.

I'd like to think he would have stayed.

Glad we didn't have to find out.

Imagine being offered $207 million and not signing on the dotted line.

That’s exactly what Oklahoma City Thunder superstar and reigning NBA MVP Russell Westbrook has done this summer. It has been nearly two months since Brodie was offered the mega-deal under the new designated veteran player extension rules, yet he has not yet agreed to it.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep and I've said before they were my second favorite team for a while (and probably will be again this playoffs) and despite his horrible shooting at times the guy brings it every night and his team feeds off his energy

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exact same form of cancer as my mom.....all shits and giggles that I might partake in upon this forum......seriously?

Just fucking cruel, man. My dad lost his wife, then Patches (female shiu shzu), then most likely his best friend? Just fucking wow, man......

I feel your pain, bro. Pancreatic cancer took MY mom too...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be glad that your kid is already to adulthood.

Best and worst part of being a grown up.

It's very odd to be in a constant state of joy and fear.

You're not joking. Them reaching adulthood doesn't help much either.

My son is 22 and lives at home with my wife and I. Every time he says he's going someplace, I have to bite my tongue to keep from telling him no. Funny thing is, he's such a good son, that if I did tell him no...he wouldn't go. lol

My daughter and the 2 step-daughters are all 3 married and I still worry about them too. Every time one of them calls or texts, my first thought is..."What's wrong? What's happened?"

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true....

But, had they not landed George, would this be true?

That Super Max sat on the table for a loooooooooooooooong time before he signed it.

I'd like to think he would have stayed.

Glad we didn't have to find out.

Imagine being offered $207 million and not signing on the dotted line.

That’s exactly what Oklahoma City Thunder superstar and reigning NBA MVP Russell Westbrook has done this summer. It has been nearly two months since Brodie was offered the mega-deal under the new designated veteran player extension rules, yet he has not yet agreed to it.

True but he was admitting he couldn't do it all by himself.....and needed some help.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think having the best odds was the main reason the Cavs won the Lebron lottery. why would the league put maybe the best talent they'd ever seen coming into a draft in Cleveland? Just because he's from the area? How does that help the NBA? And why did SA win the chance to take Robinson AND Duncan?

what sucks for the NBA is if NY does win the conspiracy theorists will be out in full force. Wont possibly be because no one had a better chance than they did.

But they didn't have the outright best odds to land LeBron. The previous year both the Cavs & Nuggets only won 17 games.

And yes, Lebron ended in Cleveland because he's from NE Ohio I think.

The Admiral was the # 1 pick in '87. Duncan was the # 1 pick in '97. I don't see the comparison between the Cavs getting the # 1 pick 2x in 3 years compared to the Spurs gettting the # 1 twice in 11 years.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and I've said before they were my second favorite team for a while (and probably will be again this playoffs) and despite his horrible shooting at times the guy brings it every night and his team feeds off his energy

Yeah, and averaging a trip-doub 2 seasons in a row when nobody had done it in 1 since Robertson? Phenomenal.....

I don't want to hear shit about him being a stat stuffer.....