• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gonna be an interesting off-season.

The way this whole thing has been handled by Klutch and the Pels and NOT handled by the Lakers (who let it get away from them), this may be an attempt at repairing AD and Klutch's image (and by proxy, Lebron's).

I mean, there was definitely a list put out there and the Celtics weren't on it. But Klutch and AD came off looking pretty bad in a very public way and Lebron has been hit with all kinds of jokes about tampering and trading away players. Not to mention the "Lebron's gonna trade you" chants that the Lakers players have been getting.

If AD has had a change of heart, or if the Celtics not being on the list was just a ploy by Klutch to make the Pels think they couldn't get a decent offer from the Celtics, then I think that is where he will be traded.

If not, we get to watch all of this again in the off-season. lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Lakers moved on from Davis and made the following moves, do people think they would be a contender to win the WEst next year if Durant leaves GSW?

-trade for Beal with Ball/Ingram and a first or two

-sign Vucevic

-resign Rondo

PG: Rondo
SG: Beal
SF: LeBron
PF: Kuzma
C: Vucevic

they could probably make that work cap wise- it would not be easy- but they could probably make it work.
I do like Beal but worry he is putting up empty stats on a bad team. Intriguing though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The way this whole thing has been handled by Klutch and the Pels and NOT handled by the Lakers (who let it get away from them), this may be an attempt at repairing AD and Klutch's image (and by proxy, Lebron's).

I mean, there was definitely a list put out there and the Celtics weren't on it. But Klutch and AD came off looking pretty bad in a very public way and Lebron has been hit with all kinds of jokes about tampering and trading away players. Not to mention the "Lebron's gonna trade you" chants that the Lakers players have been getting.

If AD has had a change of heart, or if the Celtics not being on the list was just a ploy by Klutch to make the Pels think they couldn't get a decent offer from the Celtics, then I think that is where he will be traded.

I just think its the first time Anthony Davis, himself, actually spoke without people putting words in his mouth or trying to push their own agendas.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All this is true, probably the list, too. But AD didn't mention a list, did he?

Admittedly I will miss the Cavs taking part in these offseason moves, other than the draft.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did someone drop Anthony Davis on his head as a baby?

I'm almost tempted to tell @dtgold88 he was right, except it's pretty obvious Davis is just being a duplicitous little bitch because he knows he's going to Boston if they want him.

Let's follow the paper trail...

:yes:

Evidence enough @dtgold88 ?

Woj and Sham weren't guessing.

From his own mouth, this is his list.

:noidea:

Ummm, odd...

:scratch:

But, but...he just said Woj's info was correct.

* looks back at the list Woj provided*

:poke:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think Demps "chose" anything. I think the owner and management ran him the entire time and it was the terrible job he did over the years that fianlly did him in.

I wouldnt want Demps in charge of trading Anthony Davis.

I would have much much more faith in Danny Ferry, or, as a rumor indicated, Griffin, who they are going to interview for the job.

Demps has made so few good moves in his time its crazy. I can name a few good ones- trading for Mirotic, drafting Hield, signing Randle to that 2 year 18M deal.

He totally killed the franchise with how he handled the Cousins deal- at that point he was all in on Cousins and should have resigned him.

guy was an idiot that had his job too long and the owner didnt trust him to competently handle the Davis situation.

I don't know.

I think we can all agree that Demps held onto his job a lot longer than he deserved to considering his performance.

Usually, when someone gets fired, there's a "final nail" or "last straw" that leads to ownership finally pulling the trigger.

Considering the timing, perhaps his handling of the situation was what finally convinced the owner that he couldn't be trusted to handle the AD trade? Or anything else for that matter.

And yeah, I'm sure that Cousins deal was a big part of it. Especially since he looks like that he's recovering from that injury a lot better than many thought.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did someone drop Anthony Davis on his head as a baby?

I'm almost tempted to tell @dtgold88 he was right, except it's pretty obvious Davis is just being a duplicitous little bitch because he knows he's going to Boston if they want him.

Let's follow the paper trail...

:yes:

Evidence enough @dtgold88 ?

Woj and Sham weren't guessing.

From his own mouth, this is his list.

:noidea:

Ummm, odd...

:scratch:

But, but...he just said Woj's info was correct.

* looks back at the list Woj provided*

:poke:
Almost looks like even AD has no clue what he wants. Truth be told, my only point in all that is when it comes to trades, the experts usually don't have the first clue and that most of the deals that get done are ones no one saw coming.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Lakers moved on from Davis and made the following moves, do people think they would be a contender to win the WEst next year if Durant leaves GSW?

-sign Vucevic

-resign Rondo

they could probably make that work cap wise- it would not be easy- but they could probably make it work.

I would rather see them get Boogie instead of Vuc,

But yes. I think that team would be a legit contender if Durant leaves GS.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-sign Vucevic

-resign Rondo

Assuming KD left, I think it would put them in the mix. I love Vucevic. Obviously, I'd rather have AD, but Vucevic would be a nice consolation prize. He's also only 28, so he's got about 4 years left of being in his prime.

I like Beal a lot too. He's been playing well since Wall got hurt.

If KD stays, they'd have a punchers chance at best, just like everyone else. lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this is true, probably the list, too. But AD didn't mention a list, did he?

Admittedly I will miss the Cavs taking part in these offseason moves, other than the draft.
He did mention the list.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing, imo, is that his attempt to embarrass the Lakers, while successful, may have also been the final nail in his coffin.

While there were a lot of folks getting a good laugh (deservedly so) at the Lakers FO being made to look inexperienced...it also made Demps and the Pelicans look petty and small.

Had Demps simply said, "We are not entertaining any trade offers for AD until after the season", the Lakers likely back off and Demps may still have his job.

Instead, he chose to "troll" the Lakers and seems to be the source of the leaks re: what was being offered and may have actually made some of it up.

Considering his track record, this may end up being a very good thing for the Pels though.

Yeah, I don't think Demps could have traded AD if he wanted to.

Lakers should have seen the writing on the wall and held back after their second offers received no counter.

They had to realize (like all of us did) that it was always in NOs best interest to wait until summer.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost looks like even AD has no clue what he wants. Truth be told, my only point in all that is when it comes to trades, the experts usually don't have the first clue and that most of the deals that get done are ones no one saw coming.
Lmfao

You are going to die on that mountain ALONE.

Woj and Shams know more than the rest of us by a country mile.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats true.

biggest recent example is Porzingis. No one knew dick until it was done.

I think if AD could just pick it would be the Lakers- but thats not the world we live in.

The question is- are the Lakers willing to wait another WHOLE YEAR and sign fill-in guys on 1 year contracts to sign Davis next year?

Can they go to LeBron and say- "We are punting on using our cap space AGAIN this year since we want Davis the following year".

I would highly doubt that and I am sure the other teams, including the Celtics, are thinking the same thing.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming KD left, I think it would put them in the mix. I love Vucevic. Obviously, I'd rather have AD, but Vucevic would be a nice consolation prize. He's also only 28, so he's got about 4 years left of being in his prime.

I like Beal a lot too. He's been playing well since Wall got hurt.

If KD stays, they'd have a punchers chance at best, just like everyone else. lol
I might be in the minority.

But, I'd take Vuc over Boogie.

His attitude hasn't improved.

Hell of a player.

But, you only put up with his shenanigans because his talent eclipses the knucklheadedry.

I'm not positive that's still the case.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell of some player.

But, you only put up with his shenanigans because his talent eclipses the knucklheadedry.

between Boogie's injury history and attitude he does come with significant risk. That is for sure.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like Beal but worry he is putting up empty stats on a bad team. Intriguing though.

Beal is currently posting stats on a bad team, but they aren't that empty. They just don't have very many quality NBA players on their active roster.

But Beal has also shown in the past that he was 1B to John Wall on some good, not great teams that were able to win playoff series.

Beal is a good player, not a great one, but he fits well in the current era of the NBA and would fit great with LeBron.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao

You are going to die on that mountain ALONE.

Woj and Shams know more than the rest of us by a country mile.
I'm not ripping those guys, but my comments are not opinion. CP to Houston, Cousins to NO, Kyrie to the Cs, Kawhi to Toronto, Porzingis to Dallas, the Cavs 40 deadline deals, Mirotic to Milwaukee, Harris to Philly, etc. were a surprise to pretty much everyone.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats true.

biggest recent example is Porzingis. No one knew dick until it was done.

I think if AD could just pick it would be the Lakers- but thats not the world we live in.

The question is- are the Lakers willing to wait another WHOLE YEAR and sign fill-in guys on 1 year contracts to sign Davis next year?

Can they go to LeBron and say- "We are punting on using our cap space AGAIN this year since we want Davis the following year".

I would highly doubt that and I am sure the other teams, including the Celtics, are thinking the same thing.
Pretty sure Woj reported on it, FIRST, before the deal was done.

In fairness...

We aren't talking days and weeks.

But, hours.

They don't get every deal.

* See Tobias Harris

But, to say they are guessing, don't have a clue is flat out wrong and makes the person dying on that hill look full on tard.

These Dudes have legit inside sources.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell of a player.

I don't want Boogie to be my best player or to be my locker room leader.

But on that roster? With LeBron and with Rondo who he seemed to love playing with, yeah. I think it works really well. Boogie has a mean streak for sure, but I for one have been impressed with his conduct with the Warriors. He isn't trying to do too much and by all accounts they seem to love having him him there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Woj reported on it, FIRST, before the deal was done.

In fairness...

We aren't talking days and weeks.

But, hours.

They don't get every deal.

* See Tobias Harris

But, to say they are guessing, don't have a clue is flat out wrong and makes the person dying on that hill look full on tard.

These Dudes have legit inside sources.
Sure, when deals are done in principal woj finds out. So what? No disagreement. But he doesn't know before they are agreed upon by the teams.