• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Pelicans, I just say fuck it and pay whatever fine. No way will AD play another game for me.

First that effort for him vs Orlando and now leaving the arena early last night?
Maybe the injury will save them some money and they can sit him out of games because of it without paying up, but yeah there is no reason AD should play for them again. Might as well just stay home because he's acting like a bad teammate already. This is no way for a superstar to act.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the injury will save them some money and they can sit him out of games because of it without paying up, but yeah there is no reason AD should play for them again. Might as well just stay home because he's acting like a bad teammate already. This is no way for a superstar to act.
totally agree

gives the Pelicans an excuse to sit him, and makes AD look more like the bad guy to the national media than he already has made himself look.

Gentry and the team fight for a win vs. a solid team and Gentry takes the high road.

I cannot imagine a better outcome - especially giving a pre-text to finally get rid of Demps.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could, but my guess is they see where they are with Davis...it's Anthony Davis.

Of course, but he's also seemingly always nicked up and hasn't really proven able to elevate his team much. I'd love to have him, but is he the smartest play, especially for all your trade chips?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, but he's also seemingly always nicked up and hasn't really proven able to elevate his team much. I'd love to have him, but is he the smartest play, especially for all your trade chips?
i think he is for the Lakers- especially when the Lakers do not have even 1 elite trade chip.

they have a few solid trade chips- but they dont have even one premium asset.

Id give up as many solid/good assets as it would take to get a 25 year old top 10 (easily) NBA player that would sign a long term extension at the drop of a hat.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team besides the Lakers trading for PG two years ago was supposed to be a rental, and that seemed to work out for the Thunder.

Exception that proves the rule. How big are offers for a star that can be a free agent vs a star with years left of team control? Same concept here.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point....but will Magic look at things logically, or be like the typical fan who wants name player?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he is for the Lakers- especially when the Lakers do not have even 1 elite trade chip.

they have a few solid trade chips- but they dont have even one premium asset.

Id give up as many solid/good assets as it would take to get a 25 year old top 10 (easily) NBA player that would sign a long term extension at the drop of a hat.
I would if no other option. But if they could get another superstar finally to take their money as a FA maybe that's a better option than giving up those assets. Can always give them up later in a deal for AD or another player.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point....but will Magic look at things logically, or be like the typical fan who wants name player?

Well, he has a lot of time to think about it now. There will be a lot of discussions to be had this summer for sure.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would if no other option. But if they could get another superstar finally to take their money as a FA maybe that's a better option than giving up those assets. Can always give them up later in a deal for AD or another player.
I agree.

if they could say- keep Kuzma, make a trade of say Ingram, Ball and a first or two for Beale, and sign Vucevic, i think thats a good way of putting a team around LeBron

but if you are looking long term- there is no better acquisition potentially out there than getting Anthony Davis and having him be a Laker for the next 10 years and a young franchise cornerstone

so they can either try and get Davis- and go for the long term

or try and get a couple guys like Beal and Vucevic and build around LeBrons last couple years and keep some of their young guys

itll be interesting to see which way they go.

and if anyone is even willing to go there in free agency- at least the elite guys- right now it sure doesnt look like kawhi, kyrie, durant, klay, etc. are likely to go there

id imagine they they will have to go in the 2nd tier of guys- but we shall see

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exception that proves the rule. How big are offers for a star that can be a free agent vs a star with years left of team control? Same concept here.
so what?

are the Lakers going to punt their cap room for ANOTHER year and wait for Davis?

you think they can go to LeBron and say---- hey LeBron- we want ot sign Davis next year so we are just gonna sign a bunch of guys to 1 year contracts again.

lol....good luck with that. "LeBron, i know when you signed we told you wed bring in elite players---- but we are gonna wait till year 3 of your 3 year deal to match you up with one? that cool?"

cmon nonw

especially since the built in raises for guys like Ingram and Ball and Kuzma are just going to keep shrinking the cap space the Lakers have

any team that rebuilds knows that you have to go out and sign your free agents before your your young guys are up for extensions and suck up that cap space.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what?

are the Lakers going to punt their cap room for ANOTHER year and wait for Davis?

you think they can go to LeBron and say---- hey LeBron- we want ot sign Davis next year so we are just gonna sign a bunch of guys to 1 year contracts again.

lol....good luck with that. "LeBron, i know when you signed we told you wed bring in elite players---- but we are gonna wait till year 3 of your 3 year deal to match you up with one? that cool?"

cmon nonw

especially since the built in raises for guys like Ingram and Ball and Kuzma are just going to keep shrinking the cap space the Lakers have

any team that rebuilds knows that you have to go out and sign your free agents before your your young guys are up for extensions and suck up that cap space.

When did I say any of that? If the Lakers can get one of the big targets to take their cap space this summer, they'll do it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say any of that? If the Lakers can get one of the big targets to take their cap space this summer, they'll do it.
what i am saying is that the Celtics do not believe for one second that the Lakers are going to have the cap room to sign Davis when he is a free agent because they cant sit on their cap space and give LeBron no one to play with for a whole other season.

that when Davis becomes a free agent he wont be able to go to the Lakers since they will have no cap room

and the decision is on Davis--- stay here, take the extra money and raises that comes with his Bird Rights, and play on a very good team,

or leave to go play somewhere that is NOT the Lakers.

its why the Lakers are trying to trade for him now- the Lakers KNOW from a PR perspective and from what they promised Lebron that they cannot possibly wait for Davis to become a free agent- the Celtics know it to and it destroys any leverage Davis and Paul THINK they have.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj reporting that Danny Ferry, who is a consultant to the Pelicans is a candidate for the job

but also that David Griffin is a candidate a well.

Among preliminary possible candidates, league sources tell ESPN: Former Cleveland GM David Griffin.

New Orleans owner Gayle Benson has been angry over the Davis trade demand and her belief that "outside forces" are trying to push the franchise into decisions that don't make sense for them, league sources said.

Her mandate has been to "take back control from outside forces," one league source told ESPN. Benson has been adamant with the organization to find a pathway to sustainable winning in one of the league's smallest markets, and plans to be aggressive in pursuing the best available candidates to oversee basketball operations, league sources said.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is neat

But this reply is hilarious

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is neat

But this reply is hilarious

maxresdefault.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy seems to think AD is the only big fish they could land.....LOL.

Wiggy also guaranteed all of us that Lebron would NEVER come to LA without a second star player.

Which is why we call him One-nut