• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if LeBron would have stayed had Griffin been resigned and the Cavs made the necessary deals to have an actual chance at beating GS in 2018. He might not have stayed. But there was at least a chance.

But, he was a 100% stone cold lock to leave once Gilbert let Griffin walk and the Kyrie trade was completed as more of a forward looking move than a win now.

LeBron played his hand, Gilbert played his. Neither side was willing to capitulate to the other and it went down the only way it ever was going to. Both had the power to fix the relationship, neither was willing to do it.

Blame whoever you want, but Gilbert played a major role in the divorce.
OK, but the Kyrie move was made because Lebron would not stay....told him stay and we'll keep him.

And do you think if you keep repeating he let Griffin walk it eventually comes true? You don't know that it wasn't by choice by Griffin. Have you not noticed he still is not a GM?

All that said, I've never implied Gilbert should not be held blameless, but the guy did everything Lebron ever asked. The final straw, though, will be not keeping a GM who is no longer a GM and really played a smaller role than the previous GM in winning a title?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They went to the Finals last season and only GS could beat them. Did you not know this?

Lebron really thought he could win in LA any sooner? Seems clear if he wanted to win his best chance was stay or go to Philly.

You keep saying Lebron "didn't like the moves" but also ignore the rest of the narrative. Want to keep Kyrie? Stay. He wouldn't. Shows me he didn't really care all that much they moved Kyrie and was, in fact, going to LA. which is fine. It's his right.

I don't think sexton would have helped much, but there were other moves they would have made had he stayed. Walker perhaps?

I'm not ignoring anything.

It just isn't enough to sway me.

When you had Kyrie, lock stock and barrel, before the trade request, did he sign a long-term deal with the Cavs?

No.

Because he wanted to have Gilbert by the short hairs.

If Thunder Dan refused to kiss the ring, he could just leave.

That is exactly what I believe happened.

You don't have to.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a breath.

I said they couldn't beat the Dubs.

He wasn't going to win a chip there, like he won't win a chip in LA.

So, might as well go to the beach.
which takes us back to him wanting to be in LA and GM means nothing.

what took ya so long?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wisconsin thing is some bullshit.

As for Kaepernick not being able to find a job in the NFL. I don't think it's his stand on social issues. I think it's that he is a backup qb who draws too much attention to himself.

It's a big part of the reason that Tim Tebow is no longer in the NFL.

The 1 thing coaches, especially NFL coaches, hate more than anything is distraction. When that distraction comes from a backup qb...that backup qb isn't long for the team.

If either Kaepernick or Tebow was as good as Russell Wilson, or Tom Brady, or heck, even just a good starting qb, they'd both still be in the league and the coaches would tolerate the distraction.

But they're not, so they don't.

Yep the Tebow analogy is perfect

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to take his word as gospel, but Griffin (who you quoted) has no reason to lie nor anything to gain. Lebron's comments are said to make Lebron look better.
Lmfao

You are GUESSING.

You have provided zero proof that LeBron is lying.

Does any of this sound familiar?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ignoring anything.

It just isn't enough to sway me.

When you had Kyrie, lock stock and barrel, before the trade request, did he sign a long-term deal with the Cavs?

No.

Because he wanted to have Gilbert by the short hairs.

If Thunder Dan refused to kiss the ring, he could just leave.

That is exactly what I believe happened.

You don't have to.
Not sure what you are saying with the Thunder Dan comment but nothing wrong with wanting to have Dan by the balls........but don't say you don't want a guy moved when you are the reason he wants to be moved and the reason they wont keep him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao

You are GUESSING.

You have provided zero proof that LeBron is lying.

Does any of this sound familiar?
did I say I knew this for a fact? But do you disagree Griffin has no reason to lie and Lebron does have reason to say what he did as it makes him look better?

Never mind it is foolish, as Lebron knows the type of players that work best around him, and you wont find them in LA right now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the best they could do was a GM with no FO experience? Um......OK.

They probably could have gone with someone with more experience.

However, there are definite advantages to Pelinka and Magic in the FO.

Pelinka, as a former agent, has relationships with players and GM's all over the league and is familiar with how a lot of this works.

Magic is a guy who is well known and apparently well liked by most of the players and certainly puts the needs of the Lakers first (unlike Short Buss).

They both know the game, but their inexperience has shown at times.

The one thing that I wish they had done and said so at the time, is that they should have kept Mitch Kupchak on in an advisory role.

The problems the Lakers had when he was GM, were due to Short Buss meddling and not letting Mitch do his job.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which takes us back to him wanting to be in LA and GM means nothing.

what took ya so long?
I don't know where you are getting this from.

Show me a quote from LeBron saying he just wanted to be in LA.

I have provided irrefutable proof to the contrary.

His own words.

Signed,

DtGoldPlated

* coughs *

Mecca

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but the Kyrie move was made because Lebron would not stay....told him stay and we'll keep him.

And do you think if you keep repeating he let Griffin walk it eventually comes true? You don't know that it wasn't by choice by Griffin. Have you not noticed he still is not a GM?

All that said, I've never implied Gilbert should not be held blameless, but the guy did everything Lebron ever asked. The final straw, though, will be not keeping a GM who is no longer a GM and really played a smaller role than the previous GM in winning a title?

This may seem like a small point, but it is actually a very major one.

LeBron did not say he wouldn't stay. He said he wouldn't commit long term before free agency. There is a big difference. AD and PG told their respective teams they wouldn't resign.

LeBron wanted to keep his options open. Gilbert made LeBron's decision extremely easy. Because he most defintely did not do everything LeBron asked.

And it was about the trade as much as it was about the GM. Every major decision the team made after the 2017 Finals went against what LeBron wanted.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did I say I knew this for a fact? But do you disagree Griffin has no reason to lie and Lebron does have reason to say what he did as it makes him look better?

Never mind it is foolish, as Lebron knows the type of players that work best around him, and you wont find them in LA right now.
Dude...take a breath.

You are taking this way to seriously.

Are we really going to continue to argue, for 5 more pages, about the machinations of one LeBron James?

Again: Both can be true.

You having a tit fit because I'm using your very ineffective tactics against you won't change my opinion.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may seem like a small point, but it is actually a very major one.

LeBron did not say he wouldn't stay. He said he wouldn't commit long term before free agency. There is a big difference. AD and PG told their respective teams they wouldn't resign.

LeBron wanted to keep his options open. Gilbert made LeBron's decision extremely easy. Because he most defintely did not do everything LeBron asked.

And it was about the trade as much as it was about the GM. Every major decision the team made after the 2017 Finals went against what LeBron wanted.
The guy let The Letter go, but Gilbert did something worse to offend Lebron? Not resigning the GM who is still not a GM and did little in the way of bringing in the key pieces of their title season?

Lebron wouldn't tell anyone what he was doing as he wants the story to be about Lebron and what he's doing. Give any hint and it's less about him. But that's his right.

Just curious...do you believe if Griffin stayed, Lebron is in Cleveland now?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude...take a breath.

Are we really going to continue to argue, for 5 more pages, about the machinations of one LeBron James?

You having a tit fit because I'm using your very ineffective tactics against you won't change my opinion.
I love the take a breath and fit comments......stakes will know who I'm talking about when I say I know someone else who used this style when he had nothing left and just wanted to stop embarrassing himself.

I am calm as can be here. I don't take anything here seriously. Nothing we say will change what happened.

And never said both could not happen. never said Gilbert was blameless.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude...take a breath.

He will before he'll admit that he's wrong even though he says he does.

Remind you of any other Cavs fan posters? :whistle:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you are saying with the Thunder Dan comment but nothing wrong with wanting to have Dan by the balls........but don't say you don't want a guy moved when you are the reason he wants to be moved and the reason they wont keep him.
Before I respond to this, I want to reiterate what I said the other day:

You are passionate debater and I like it...lol

I actually didn't mean anything by the Thunder Dan comment.

Just popped in my head...I live in AZ. So, Thunder Dan Marley is still a big part of the Basketball Culture here.

I 100% agree that Kyrie left because of LeBron.

It still doesn't change the fact that LeBron expected the Cavs to bend to his will and keep Kyrie.

I didn't say LeBron was being logical.

Just that he expected the Cavs to subjugate themselves to his will, or he was out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I respond to this, I want to reiterate what I said the other day:

You are passionate debater and I like it...lol

I actually didn't mean anything by the Thunder Dan comment.

Just popped in my head...I live in AZ. So, Thunder Dan Marley is still a big part of the Basketball Culture here.

I 100% agree that Kyrie left because of LeBron.

It still doesn't change the fact that LeBron expected the Cavs to bend to his will and keep Kyrie.

I didn't say LeBron was being logical.

Just that he expected the Cavs to subjugate themselves to his will, or he was out.
Agree with all of that, other than thinking he was out no matter what they did.

where in Arizona? I graduated from Saguaro. From Cleveland so a Cavs' fan when I lived there, but always liked Majerle and KJ.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all of that, other than thinking he was out no matter what they did.

where in Arizona? I graduated from Saguaro. From Cleveland so a Cavs' fan when I lived there, but always liked Majerle and KJ.
I live in Goodyear.

I'm from SoCal.

But, moved here almost 4 years ago after my Hubby retired.

I love it.

Close enough to commute home. But, better schools, cheaper cost of living, to far for my Mother in Law to commute daily...lol