• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure our conversations got a little out of hand probably because I was newer here.

I never meant to imply we should not care about these reports or the rumors could not actually happen, only that far more trades seem to go down that we never hear about so while they are fun to read about, might as well wait and see what happens.

had a number of these conversations with Browns' fans going apeshit around the draft last year over rumors.....tried to explain the FO would not let any info out that would let fans or other teams know what the hell they want to do.
Lol...no worries.

I was rolling in the mud too.

Here's the thing about me:

I don't hold grudges against random, anonymous people on the internet.

It's all just entertainment. So, we can be at each other's throat one post and then talking like normal the next.

You are that way too.

So, it's all good.

I, personally, like your fire.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his time is coming.

On some of the debate shows like Around the Horn, High Noon and PTI, the subject has actually come up.

I don't want to misquote anyone. But, the just of it was....

Brad Stevens relationship with Kyrie and Hayward is the problem.

He should have let Dude's know what their roles are and play the best players.

He's not doing that with Hayward...I'm

He definitely deserves some blame.
It's the regular season.

You definitely play Hayward minutes in the regular season.

If it were the post season and Hayward was playing this mediocre and he was still getting minutes... they might have a point.

As it is... they don't.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol...no worries.

It's all just entertainment. So, we can be at each other's throat one post and then talking like normal the next.

You are that way too.

So, it's all good.

Yep...said during most arguments I've had when accused of getting mad or upset it's not really possible. This is all in fun. If it really got me angry I wouldn't be here. What fun would sports be if we all agreed?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers chances of an upset in the playoffs:

vs.

Golden State: 0.5%
Thunder: 10%
Rockets: 15%
Nuggets: 30%
Blazers: 35%
Pretty much what we've been saying.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...said during most arguments I've had when accused of getting mad or upset it's not really possible. This is all in fun. If it really got me angry I wouldn't be here. What fun would sports be if we all agreed?
I agree.

It would be boring as hell.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to do this more often.

Reactions: LAD

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Gman

Concerned?

Jackie MacMullan on the Celtics: "There is something wrong with this team. It's too late in the season to keep saying they're going to figure it out. The chemistry is bad. The vibe is bad. And it's not getting better."

No shock and I think a lot stems from Irving and his attitude.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt it's different......Cavs actually tried to improve at the deadline last year while the Cs as you said did nothing.

Cracks me up how it seems like no one goes after Brad stevens as part of the issue. Now I don't think he is, but if this were Walton he'd be crushed for it.
I think the difference in the coaches is that Stevens has proven he can coach while the jury is still out on Walton considering his record last year & how things have gone despite having the gift of LBJ this season.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol...no worries.

You are that way too.

So, it's all good.

And THIS is why I love me some @Mecca

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference in the coaches is that Stevens has proven he can coach while the jury is still out on Walton considering his record last year & how things have gone despite having the gift of LBJ this season.
That's fair, but Ty Lue was constantly ripped in Cleveland and all he did was get to 4 Finals and beat Stevens every time they faced off.

Walton was something like 29-2 when he coached GS.

I think most coaches are the same......give them talent they could win. Don't and they wont.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair, but Ty Lue was constantly ripped in Cleveland and all he did was get to 4 Finals and beat Stevens every time they faced off.

I think most coaches are the same......give them talent they could win. Don't and they wont.
Well since we're counting he only led them to 3 Finals lol.

And LBJ was already there and settled into the team when he took over. In LA he was the newbie and having to adjust to Luke & the rest of the team.

Also, Walton only coached GS for half a season, and only AFTER Ker had established the team culture. So I'm not sure comparing the two situations side by side is fair.

But, I get your point about Stevens. A lot of people were talking about the problem (and it's a nice problem to have, I'm sure) of how to manage minutes when Kyrie & Hayward returned.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if the Cavs were 28-28 heading into the All Star break with LeBron the national media would be ROASTING them. Positively ROASTING them.

But no one wants to roast LeBron in LA while they are glomming paychecks off it.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember how much we agreed that Sashi Brown was hot garbage though so at least we have that

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember how much we agreed that Sashi Brown was hot garbage though so at least we have that
Good times....good times.

Oh my, can you imagine if we signed Hunt in 2017 after an incident like this and Brown signed him? He would get beyond crushed for it.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you think Lue will ever get another head coaching job

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will third that motion.

Sashi Brown was not fit to serve.
Look what ya did stakes......

come on wiggy. If Sashi did not have the team set up like he did, Dorsey doesn't even return Haslem's calls. No way Dorsey could have done what Brown and Dipodesta did starting in 2016 to springboard them to where it was time for Dorsey to take over.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good times....good times.

Oh my, can you imagine if we signed Hunt in 2017 after an incident like this and Brown signed him? He would get beyond crushed for it.

Dorsey has some street cred. I can at least tip my cap to Brown for loading up the picks for Dorsey to use.. And it looks like Garrett and Ogbonji were good picks. Peppers is kind of a meh pick so far but he's improving. And Njoku is solid thus far. The rest of their draft was garbage although Dorsey managed to flip Kizer for Randall at least