• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, they won't beat OKC in a series. Now, if they get lucky & Portland moves up to the top 3 & they get that match up they might escape that 1st round...but I've already said this before.

They are not beating the Dubs, OKC or Hou in that 1st round.

Depends, imo.

If the Lakers get the "hero ball" version of Westbrook that we've seen in almost every playoff series he's been in, then the Lakers can beat them. If we get the current Westbrook that allows PG to continue to play the way he's playing...the Lakers aren't beating them.

Same with the Rockets...if Harden is worn out from what he's been having to do to keep their heads above water or CP3 is out with injury again, the Lakers can beat them too. But if he's rested and CP3 is healthy, they're not winning that either.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I'm concerned.

There's still time to pull it together... but the C's are definitely at a low point after 2 bad losses at home, and need to get the ship righted soon.

Shutting the F up and just playing basketball would be a great start.

Now, there's apparently a report that Tatum has said that he wouldn't mind being traded to the Pels where he can be the face of the franchise.

To be fair, it was a report from "sources", not a direct quote from Tatum himself to the person reporting it.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, there's apparently a report that Tatum has said that he wouldn't mind being traded to the Pels where he can be the face of the franchise.

To be fair, it was a report from "sources", not a direct quote from Tatum himself to the person reporting it.
There's no clear substance behind this report, as you say... which has also been the case behind most of the reports we've heard lately.

So... :noidea:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends, imo.

If the Lakers get the "hero ball" version of Westbrook that we've seen in almost every playoff series he's been in, then the Lakers can beat them. If we get the current Westbrook that allows PG to continue to play the way he's playing...the Lakers aren't beating them.

Same with the Rockets...if Harden is worn out from what he's been having to do to keep their heads above water or CP3 is out with injury again, the Lakers can beat them too. But if he's rested and CP3 is healthy, they're not winning that either.
Lakers chances of an upset in the playoffs:

vs.

Golden State: 0.5%
Thunder: 10%
Rockets: 15%
Nuggets: 30%
Blazers: 35%

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Gman

Concerned?

Jackie MacMullan on the Celtics: "There is something wrong with this team. It's too late in the season to keep saying they're going to figure it out. The chemistry is bad. The vibe is bad. And it's not getting better."
If it's any consolation to Celtic fans, I do recall hearing this often the last 4 seasons with the Cavs. But we know Lebron did not care about playoff seed.....I doubt the Cs are at that point.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that came from Tubby.

On Friday, while speaking to ESPN’s Tim MacMahon on ESPN Radio’s “Brian Windhorst and The Hoop Collective,” Windhorst delved into what he would classify as “gossip” regarding the young forward and his feelings about being the franchise player for New Orleans.

“I was talking to about the Celtics the other day and they said the worst thing that happened to the Celtics was their success last season. Because now you’ve got Tatum, [Jaylen] Brown, [Terry] Rozier — these young guys are thinking dude, we went to Game 7 of the East Finals without you, Kyrie, without you, Hayward. We’re this level of player … This summer, they could be gone. They might up end in New Orleans [for Davis]. It’s gossip, but the gossip is Jayson Tatum wouldn’t mind if he’s shipped to New Orleans and has a chance to be the face of the franchise somewhere. Because he’s not going to get that opportunity in Boston, at least not in the immediate future.”

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers chances of an upset in the playoffs:

vs.

Golden State: 0.5%
Thunder: 10%
Rockets: 15%
Nuggets: 30%
Blazers: 35%

That's probably accurate. Although I'd probably put the chances of upsetting the Warriors at 0.25%. lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no clear substance behind this report, as you say... which has also been the case behind most of the reports we've heard lately.

So... :noidea:
Pretty sure I tried to point this out and got crushed for it. No accountability.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's any consolation to Celtic fans, I do recall hearing this often the last 4 seasons with the Cavs. But we know Lebron did not care about playoff seed.....I doubt the Cs are at that point.
Agreed.

Plus, the Teams that were already ahead of them actually improved at the deadline.

All 3 of them went out and got something they were lacking.

Four, if you count the Pacers.

But, I see the Celtics and Philly lapped them eventually.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure I tried to point this out and got crushed for it. No accountability.
No, you got crushed for not grasping the English language.

Negotiations and gossip are not the same thing.

What Woj and Shams were doing was reporting.

What Windhorst was doing was gossiping.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Plus, the Teams that were already ahead of them actually improved at the deadline.

All 3 of them went out and got something they were lacking.

Four, if you count the Pacers.

But, I see the Celtics and Philly lapped them eventually.
No doubt it's different......Cavs actually tried to improve at the deadline last year while the Cs as you said did nothing.

Cracks me up how it seems like no one goes after Brad stevens as part of the issue. Now I don't think he is, but if this were Walton he'd be crushed for it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you got crushed for not grasping the English language.

Negotiations and gossip are not the same thing.

What Woj and Shams were doing was reporting.

What Windhorst was doing was gossiping.
They are all reporting..... on gossip and trade rumors.

Even one of the GMs said it was not negotiating.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt it's different......Cavs actually tried to improve at the deadline last year while the Cs as you said did nothing.

Cracks me up how it seems like no one goes after Brad stevens as part of the issue. Now I don't think he is, but if this were Walton he'd be crushed for it.
I think his time is coming.

On some of the debate shows like Around the Horn, High Noon and PTI, the subject has actually come up.

I don't want to misquote anyone. But, the just of it was....

Brad Stevens relationship with Kyrie and Hayward is the problem.

He should have let Dude's know what their roles are and play the best players.

He's not doing that with Hayward...I'm

He definitely deserves some blame.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are all reporting..... on gossip and trade rumors.

Even one of the GMs said it was not negotiating.

You know what, I'm going to give you that one on the " negotiations".

You are correct.

Offers were made and declined.

I don't view that as a negotiation either.

So, they were reporting on alleged offers.

Better?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his time is coming.

On some of the debate shows like Around the Horn, High Noon and PTI, the subject has actually come up.

I don't want to misquote anyone. But, the just of it was....

Brad Stevens relationship with Kyrie and Hayward is the problem.

He should have let Dude's know what their roles are and play the best players.

He's not doing that with Hayward...I'm

He definitely deserves some blame.
I actually believe players do deserve most of the blame, and stevens some. But if this were another coach without his reputation it would all fall on the coach

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what, I'm going to give you that one on the " negotiations".

You are correct.

Offers were made and declined.

I don't view that as a negotiation either.

So, they were reporting on alleged offers.

Better?
I'm sure our conversations got a little out of hand probably because I was newer here.

I never meant to imply we should not care about these reports or the rumors could not actually happen, only that far more trades seem to go down that we never hear about so while they are fun to read about, might as well wait and see what happens.

had a number of these conversations with Browns' fans going apeshit around the draft last year over rumors.....tried to explain the FO would not let any info out that would let fans or other teams know what the hell they want to do.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends, imo.

I agree with your points about RW & OKC, but I disagree with your points about Houston. I just think even if Harden & CP3 struggle the rest of the team are good enough IMO to still beat the Lakers in a series. Now if we're talking one game, yes, the Lakers could take them. But a series? No.