• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For example, Tristan Thompson was the 4th overall pick- i wouldn't necessarily call him a bust. They dont win the title they won or get to the Finals last year without him. But was he worthy of being a top 5 pick? Hell no. Was he a good player that helped the Cavs win? Absolutely.

See that's the thing. I don't see a ton of difference between a #2 and a #4 pick.

TT is a good example, imo. Was he worth a #4 pick? The numbers say no. But, when you look at what the Cavs have accomplished that they likely don't without him...he's worth that pick to the Cavs.

It's like the contract he got. He wasn't worth that much to any other team in the league. But he was to the Cavs because, as you point out, the Cavs probably don't have a title without him.

I guess a way to look at it is, was TT worth a #4 pick at the time? No, that was a bit of a stretch. But, imo, he made himself worth that pick to the Cavs.

I think that looking at what a team does and how they play has to be taken into consideration. TT fit the Cavs and what they do. Lonzo seems to fit the Lakers and what they do. If he is a big part of future deep playoff runs, it will be hard to say it was a bad pick even though he may not post huge numbers.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of LeBron, did the Cavs lose any other players but him? I don't think so...so they went from the Finals to the worst team in the league, with one difference...I guess LeBron is kind of good, right @DorianRo ?

Cavs gave up before the season started. I wouldn't classify what you say as "proof" of anything

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a shot last night at the Laker game where Kobe was staring intently at the action and Rob was whispering in his ear.....

Telling him how he can fit in?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs gave up before the season started. I wouldn't classify what you say as "proof" of anything

So pretty much the same roster & last year LeBron got the Cavs to the Finals. He leaves & now they'll be lucky to win 20 games. How much more "proof" do you need? Do you ever think of what you're saying before you post?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL yeah no shit. You're just wrong, again. It's plain as day...only ONE PLAYER left the Cavs, and they go from the Finals to the worst team in the league. Whoever that player is must be pretty good.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So pretty much the same roster & last year LeBron got the Cavs to the Finals. He leaves & now they'll be lucky to win 20 games. How much more "proof" do you need? Do you ever think of what you're saying before you post?

Some people are born without the ability to think logically.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that's the thing. I don't see a ton of difference between a #2 and a #4 pick.

TT is a good example, imo. Was he worth a #4 pick? The numbers say no. But, when you look at what the Cavs have accomplished that they likely don't without him...he's worth that pick to the Cavs.

It's like the contract he got. He wasn't worth that much to any other team in the league. But he was to the Cavs because, as you point out, the Cavs probably don't have a title without him.

I guess a way to look at it is, was TT worth a #4 pick at the time? No, that was a bit of a stretch. But, imo, he made himself worth that pick to the Cavs.

I think that looking at what a team does and how they play has to be taken into consideration. TT fit the Cavs and what they do. Lonzo seems to fit the Lakers and what they do. If he is a big part of future deep playoff runs, it will be hard to say it was a bad pick even though he may not post huge numbers.

Never forget the Cavs could have paired Kyrie in 2011 with Kawhi Leonard or Klay Thompson.

Cavs actually could have altered the course of modern history by taking Klay. If they took him, there's no way the Warriors are what they are.

So in theory, Cavs gave the Spurs 1 ship, and gave the Warriors 3.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are panicking like a mofo.

I don't blame them.

Harden usually waits til the playoffs to quit.

He's early this year.

So, they have to do something.

I'm a few more Rockets loses away from conceding to @LAD.
I forget what I said...lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesnt take bet offered weeks ago

all of a sudden wants to take bet once the season starts and feels regret for not taking bet

and i am the coward?

gmafb

Do you drive by LeBron's mansion in Bath & cry now that he's not a Cav?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

I think KD is the best offensive player in the League. Curry is off to an amazing start but I think KD has eclipsed James as the League's best offensive threat.
I think KD is the best 1 on 1 player in the league. Yes, I think he's better than Harden because KD's offense doesn't rely on the ref's whistle & he can't be guarded when he's in his zone.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I understand that teams get desperate if they're a contender, but you usually don't see it THIS early on...

I forget who said losing Aria was big, but whoever it was was dead on...
I'm pretty sure it was like 90% of us here that said losing Ariza would hurt....

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said earlier in the offseason that I was really weirded out by OKC not getting any shooters. Every one of their acquisitions were horrible perimeter shooters. As of today through 4 games, Steph Curry by himself has as many 3's as the Thunder do. That's crazy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would disagree...they are currently LAST in the WC. When the Kings have a better record than you it's definitely time to panic. lol

He missed 2 of the games and they played 2 of the top 4 teams in the league.

They'll be fine.

As @trojanfan12 said earlier, the surprising L came against the Kings