• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I would have watched it but these freaking west coast games kill me.

I was in bed before it even started- my typical work day- without getting shit on- is 8 till 6 so i TRY and get to bed by 10:30-11:00...last night I was in bed by 10.

sounds like it was a good game.

It was a fun game and nice to see them win it in the 4th quarter after losing the first 3 by not playing well down the stretch.

After 5 games, we know 3 things about the Lakers...

1.) Love them or hate them, they'll be a lot of fun to watch.

2.) They're starting to show some signs of what they could be.

3.) They still have a lot of work to do.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a fun game and nice to see them win it in the 4th quarter after losing the first 3 by not playing well down the stretch.

After 5 games, we know 3 things about the Lakers...

1.) Love them or hate them, they'll be a lot of fun to watch.

2.) They're starting to show some signs of what they could be.

3.) They still have a lot of work to do.

gotta LOVE the work Josh Hart puts in. oh, and that Ball kid? yeah, turns out he can play as well...

right, Wiggy...?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta LOVE the work Josh Hart puts in. oh, and that Ball kid? yeah, turns out he can play as well...

right, Wiggy...?
I am just wondering what you actually think i said about Ball.

I think he will never live up to being a #2 pick- but I think he will be a solid NBA starter level player- its why I have consistently maintained in all my posts.

This type of crap is what does aggravate me.

Do i think the Lakers absolutely blew it with Tatum going 3rd? of course. Do I think Ball is a relatively bad #2 overall pick? yes I do. Do I think BAll is trash? No- as I have maintained- I think he will be a solid NBA player- maybe top 15 point guard someday. Do I ever think he will be a top 5 point guard and make all star teams? hell no. Is it possible he is a top 10 PG someday? ehhh....sure possible, probable? i would say no.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

right, Wiggy...?

Yeah, all of the kids seem to be playing pretty well and, so far, it looks like Lebron and Lonzo can play together just fine.

Long way to go though and a lot can happen both good and bad.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

37107003ae3c2b7b857412a39fe62300.jpg

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just wondering what you actually think i said about Ball.

I think he will never live up to being a #2 pick- but I think he will be a solid NBA starter level player- its why I have consistently maintained in all my posts.

This type of crap is what does aggravate me.

Do i think the Lakers absolutely blew it with Tatum going 3rd? of course. Do I think Ball is a relatively bad #2 overall pick? yes I do. Do I think BAll is trash? No- as I have maintained- I think he will be a solid NBA player- maybe top 15 point guard someday. Do I ever think he will be a top 5 point guard and make all star teams? hell no. Is it possible he is a top 10 PG someday? ehhh....sure possible, probable? i would say no.

oh, so alluva sudden you AREN'T on the "Lonzo Sucks" tangent...?

funny, that's all we heard from you last season...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem with this and with determining whether or not a player was "worth" a high pick or not, is that it's very stats driven and doesn't really take into account what the players team needs from them.

For the Lakers, especially with Lebron on the team, Lonzo (so far) is providing exactly what the Lakers need. If he continues to do that, he's worth the #2 pick to the Lakers...especially if they start making deep playoff runs.

Lonzo isn't a point guard that sets guys up for shots by hanging onto the ball and dribbling around until he finds someone open. He's a guy who pushes the pace and a lot of that is done by passing the ball ahead (more of a "hockey assist").

So if, for example, Lonzo averages around 12-15 ppg, 8-10 apg and 7-9 rpg on a team with a lot of guys who can score/create their own shots and is a big part of deep playoff runs, it would be kind of hard to say he wasn't worth the #2 pick to the Lakers. Even if he may not have been to other teams or doesn't put up "eye popping" stats.

End of the day, we're 5 games into his 2nd year and he has a grand total of 62 NBA games under his belt. So, it's a a bit early to be making any predictions, imo.

He's obviously put in a lot of work in the off-season and I think the biggest determinant on where his career goes will determined by how hard he continues to work.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I would have watched it but these freaking west coast games kill me.

I was in bed before it even started- my typical work day- without getting shit on- is 8 till 6 so i TRY and get to bed by 10:30-11:00...last night I was in bed by 10.

sounds like it was a good game.
It was really good.

Dude, do our know how fucking weird it is to say every time the Lakers desperately needed question bucket MCGEE came thru in the clutch?

Dude, I'm not even exaggerating...lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

Stop stalling

50 games minimum, counting first 5. Less than 50 games played due to injury with PPG over 8, is a push.

20+ DNP CD and you win

Less than 8 PPG from 10/25 and on (last nights' game counts) and you win.

Only way you can save some face and duck this bet is if:

YOU ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG.

Stop hiding behind technicalities. Because the only way you even have a chance to win this bet is multiple midseason Laker trades that significantly alter the Laker roster.
Why is the bolded part so hard for some people?

I was wrong yesterday, I will be wrong today.

The sky didn't fall.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was really good.

Dude, do our know how fucking weird it is to say every time the Lakers desperately needed question bucket MCGEE came thru in the clutch?

Dude, I'm not even exaggerating...lol
did you read that full D Miles article with Q as the "editor"?

it was great.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with this and with determining whether or not a player was "worth" a high pick or not, is that it's very stats driven and doesn't really take into account what the players team needs from them.

For the Lakers, especially with Lebron on the team, Lonzo (so far) is providing exactly what the Lakers need. If he continues to do that, he's worth the #2 pick to the Lakers...especially if they start making deep playoff runs.

Lonzo isn't a point guard that sets guys up for shots by hanging onto the ball and dribbling around until he finds someone open. He's a guy who pushes the pace and a lot of that is done by passing the ball ahead (more of a "hockey assist").

So if, for example, Lonzo averages around 12-15 ppg, 8-10 apg and 7-9 rpg on a team with a lot of guys who can score/create their own shots and is a big part of deep playoff runs, it would be kind of hard to say he wasn't worth the #2 pick to the Lakers. Even if he may not have been to other teams or doesn't put up "eye popping" stats.

End of the day, we're 5 games into his 2nd year and he has a grand total of 62 NBA games under his belt. So, it's a a bit early to be making any predictions, imo.

He's obviously put in a lot of work in the off-season and I think the biggest determinant on where his career goes will determined by how hard he continues to work.
Its not just numbers- its being able to be a top guy on a team that can compete and win a championship. Thats what you expect out of a high lotto pick.

For example, Tristan Thompson was the 4th overall pick- i wouldn't necessarily call him a bust. They dont win the title they won or get to the Finals last year without him. But was he worthy of being a top 5 pick? Hell no. Was he a good player that helped the Cavs win? Absolutely.

When I get a guy #2 overall I want someone and hope for someone that will be a top 30 player someday and be one of the best in the league at his position and make some all star teams. Ball is not going to be that type of guy in my opinion.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is the bolded part so hard for some people?

I was wrong yesterday, I will be wrong today.

The sky didn't fall.
Some folks just can't admit error. I find lawyers are the worst, because they just keep finding ways to argue or move goalposts or change tactics, all to avoid being wrong. It's what they do for a living!