• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should've approached it that way from the beginning imo. I mean even if they add AD can Lebron, AD and the spare parts beat the Warriors? Highly highly doubtful.

Yeah, they're kids and hadn't been through this before. Hopefully, this win gets them back on track.

If they use what happened at the trade deadline as a wake up call, they could make the Lakers decision on whether or not to trade them a lot harder.

As far as beating the Warriors...I don't think the idea was that Lebron, AD and spare parts were going to beat the Warriors. I think it was about getting a 2nd max level guy and to add better pieces around them in the off-season to hopefully take on the Warriors next season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, y'all that salty that you can't just say " Great win " and move on?

I remember quite a few people crowing about " statement wins " during the regular season, over the years, and they didn't get this kinda vitriol for it.

I'm not saying it was you, or even the Cavs fandom.

But, we've all seen it.

After all the Shit this Team has had to shovel their way out of, let them have their moment.
lol oh cmon

i am SURE thats how you would react after being tagged in a post and insulted and the result thrown in your face like some big triumph.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to an extent but they were basically bidding against themselves here

Not really. They were proposing trades, the Pels kept asking for more and the Lakers kept accommodating them until it became obvious that the Pels weren't really negotiating.

As @Gman pointed out, they were more bidding against the clock because they knew that if this got to the trade deadline, chances are that someone will beat their offer and leave them having to hope they can sign him after next season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now thinking about it, I blame Rich Paul for the AD mess
without a doubt.

I dont think Magic ever wanted to trade the great majority of his roster in the middle of the season. I cant begin to think that was ever the plan.

I think LeBron got impatient, and Paul started moving pieces around and with all the leaks and the not provable tampering things got out of hand and a lot of bad blood was made.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I think he overplayed his hand by making it public that AD wasn't re-signing with the Pels.

I think he gambled that the Pels would cave to the pressure. But instead, it pissed them off and got a bunch of other teams involved telling them not to cave to the Lakers.

If this had been done quietly, behind the scenes, they would have had a much better chance at pulling it off, imo.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Hart has so much promise...at least in Summer League.

Shows how much you don't watch the Lakers.....he was playing just fine until about 4-5 weeks ago.......but he's probably going to be sitting because we're in a playoff push and Bullock and KCP are vets.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without a doubt.

I dont think Magic ever wanted to trade the great majority of his roster in the middle of the season. I cant begin to think that was ever the plan.

I think LeBron got impatient, and Paul started moving pieces around and with all the leaks and the not provable tampering things got out of hand and a lot of bad blood was made.

It's on the Lakers FO, plain and simple. They run the team, they make trade offers, etc. Lebron is on the roster and is going nowhere. He can choose to make noise like Lavar if he wishes, but the Lakers FO still makes the decisions.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shows how much you don't watch the Lakers.....he was playing just fine until about 4-5 weeks ago.......but he's probably going to be sitting because we're in a playoff push and Bullock and KCP are vets.

He's also been dealing with a minor knee issue (and his shooting has been dodgy at best of late).

Reactions: DJ

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

This failed trade request was more an indictment against Rich Paul than the Lakers.

If he would have pulled this off....

What would happen if the Dame Dollar's, Greek Freaks of the world were to sign with him?

Every team in the NBA would have to capitulate to his every demand.

Fuck that.

Why not take it a step further and just give him his own Vegas franchise for all his clients.

The Vegas Klutch these Nuts if you aren't LeBron mercenaries.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think he overplayed his hand by making it public that AD wasn't re-signing with the Pels.

I think he gambled that the Pels would cave to the pressure. But instead, it pissed them off and got a bunch of other teams involved telling them not to cave to the Lakers.

If this had been done quietly, behind the scenes, they would have had a much better chance at pulling it off, imo.

Magic and Pelinka showed their "greenness" by responding to leaks and rumors of demands instead of being more professional. They'll learn from it for future negotiations. Like him or not, Kupchak knew how to keep negotiations quiet until they were locked down.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's on the Lakers FO, plain and simple. They run the team, they make trade offers, etc. Lebron is on the roster and is going nowhere. He can choose to make noise like Lavar if he wishes, but the Lakers FO still makes the decisions.
Yes and no.

Let's not pretend LeBron is without power here.

I'm not saying he's running roughshod over the front office.

But, he's on his own program.

The Lakers ruled him out against the Clippers.

He ruled himself back in.....lol

He subs himself in and out at will.

Not that he would.

But, all he has to do is sit out a few games if he doesn't feel like he's getting results.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really is that good but this Lakers team is just different. As much as I love Kuzma and the Rondo and McGee pickups they are still a below average 3 pt shooting team. They can have those games likes last night but it's rare. Now they did pickup two 3 point shooters before the deadline just not sold those guys will even really be part of the rotation much especially playoff time.

Agree. They've been streaky all year. Last night was ridiculous. They set a franchise record for 3's in a game.

I don't know if Bullock and/or Muscala will be part of the rotation or not. But at least they give the Lakers a couple of guys who can hit 3's that they didn't have before.

Looking at their numbers, it looks like they will be the best 3 point shooters on the team. So, I expect a lot will be determined by how quickly they can adjust.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Bullock is a better fit than Lance imo

Lance has been fun, but there doesn't seem to be much middle ground with him.

He either plays great or he tries to do too much and hurts the team. He always has a noticeable effect on the game. You just never know if it's going to be positive or negative.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, you're only 16.5 games back, keep pushing!
are you kidding me?

please dont "push" at all.

I would rather got a top pick then an 8 seed and get slaughtered in the first round.

Cavs did well for themselves- but make no mistake- Dan Gilbert just took on about 35M dollars of extra money next year to buy a bunch of picks in a lost season.

I wonder how many owners in the NBA would do that. To take on 35M+ in future commitments during a lost season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

This failed trade request was more an indictment against Rich Paul than the Lakers.

If he would have pulled this off....

What would happen if the Dame Dollar's, Greek Freaks of the world were to sign with him?

Every team in the NBA would have to capitulate to his every demand.

Fuck that.

Why not take it a step further and just give him his own Vegas franchise for all his clients.

The Vegas Klutch these Nuts if you aren't LeBron mercenaries.
LeBron for some reason does not realize that part of the deal with being an NBA player is you can get traded. Its one of the reasons the fans have so much intereset in the league and its one of the reasons the players get paid so much money.

If LeBron really thinks that a player should be able to sign a multi year deal and whine his way out of it long before it is over he is an idiot.

Can you imagine if that was regular protocol? All we would have is like 5-6 teams of all stars and then a bunch of total crap. It would not be good for the health of the game- its already getting that way.

The next time the CBA is up I can see some interesting changes being pushed that is for sure.

I think #1 should be each team gets 1 "designated player" that they can pay as much as they want and they do not count against the cap- like in Major League Soccer.