• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT is far from overpaid compared to many. Most guys who hit FA and are not minimum or max guys are overpaid.

It was sign TT, JR or no one.

But wont change you were wrong.........And Korver was not overpaid, while Wade signed a minimum deal to come.

Make no mistakes, Wade and Korver came/re-signed for Lebron, not Cleveland. Bad teams without stars don't draw free agents without overpaying (or having some home-town connection with the player).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make no mistakes, Wade and Korver came/re-signed for Lebron, not Cleveland. Bad teams without stars don't draw free agents without overpaying (or having some home-town connection with the player).
OK, but you said no one chooses to sign in Cleveland. You were wrong. Very simple.

PG is from LA and he chose NOT to go there and play with Lebron. Doh!!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only this Lakers team could shoot a higher percentage from 3 than from the free throw line. :L

Such a strange team.

Looking at the Lakers schedule 14 of their remaining 27 games are against teams striving for the playoffs. Seems to me that they are going to beat the crap out of the tankers and at least go .500 against the good teams if they want to get a playoff spot.

If they can go 11-2 against the tankers and about 14-13 against the good teams that puts them at 52 wins and a likely playoff spot. Good win for them last night. Now they get the Sixers in Philly.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly

the league isnt "the league" anymore if that shit happens. its just a collection of assholes with "brands" - no one wants to watch that.

If we're talking about AD, all he did was request a trade. He never threatened to sit out to force a move. He let the team know he wasn't going to sign an extension with them and gave them plenty of notice so that they had multiple opportunities to move him before losing him for nothing. Sure, his management team wasn't very smooth with their handling of it, and that needs to improve. Would you rather AD keep quiet, play out his contract and then just walk on the Pelicans as a free agent, leaving them in a lurch with nothing in return?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but you said no one chooses to sign in Cleveland. You were wrong. Very simple.

PG is from LA and he chose NOT to go there and play with Lebron. Doh!!

You are very simple, aren't you. I said everyone leaves, not that nobody chooses to sign there. You can't leave if you don't sign there first. Duh!

Of course LA isn't for everyone, and George chose to be stuck in NBA purgatory in OKC. If he's happy, so be it. Will he last there for the length of his contract? Only time will tell.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team DOES have to stick with a player.

Once that player signs the contract- he is getting paid no matter what- no matter if he sucks, if he stops trying, if he gets hit by a bus, if he tears his achilees.

If you are nervous about not wanting to stay with a team- here is an idea- do not VOLUNTARILY sign a long term contract- just go year to year.

if the team could just cut a player and get rid of him and not pay their contract- maybe he has a point- but when a player signs VOLUNTARILY on that dotted line for a number of years they should realize what they are committing themsevles too- that they are taking this HUMONGOUS amount of guaranteed money and are an employee providing a service to an employer.

Sure, the contract is guaranteed, but not necessarily who pays it. Unless a team negotiates that the team trading the player away picks up part of his salary, they don't have to pay it if they trade him.

Your Cavs are showing that by taking on bad contracts that teams don't want anymore for future cap space.

I do agree re: if they have doubt, sign shorter deals though.

But I'm also sure that when teams are trying to sign guys, a lot of promises are are made about what else they will do to improve the team.

I mean, I doubt that when AD and the Pels were negotiating his last contract the Pels pitch was..."Just sign it and we'll see what happens".

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a strange team.

Looking at the Lakers schedule 14 of their remaining 27 games are against teams striving for the playoffs. Seems to me that they are going to beat the crap out of the tankers and at least go .500 against the good teams if they want to get a playoff spot.

If they can go 11-2 against the tankers and about 14-13 against the good teams that puts them at 52 wins and a likely playoff spot. Good win for them last night. Now they get the Sixers in Philly.

Lakers are a 1.5 behind the tanking Clippers. They most likely just need to get past the Kings (.5 ahead) for a playoff spot. 8th isn't ideal, but it's a start.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, the contract is guaranteed, but not necessarily who pays it. Unless a team negotiates that the team trading the player away picks up part of his salary, they don't have to pay it if they trade him.

Your Cavs are showing that by taking on bad contracts that teams don't want anymore for future cap space.

I do agree re: if they have doubt, sign shorter deals though.

But I'm also sure that when teams are trying to sign guys, a lot of promises are are made about what else they will do to improve the team.

I mean, I doubt that when AD and the Pels were negotiating his last contract the Pels pitch was..."Just sign it and we'll see what happens".
of course- and if he trusts them- sign the deal- if he doesnt trust them- sign a shorter deal and keep your options open.

but- they want as much money as they can get their hands on and to protect themselves in case of injury or downturn in play- and thats why the sign the contracts- and thats why they have to deal with the fact they might be traded.

As @Gman said- they can dry their tears with their $100 dollar bills.

also- if you REALLY hate the idea there are such things as no trade clauses--- if the player really really hates the idea of being traded just tell the player to give up some cash to get a no trade clause in their contracts. That is certainly within the rules as well.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are a 1.5 behind the tanking Clippers. They most likely just need to get past the Kings (.5 ahead) for a playoff spot. 8th isn't ideal, but it's a start.

Sure. The Kings are in the same boat.

Can't keep playing .500 basketball and expect to make the playoffs in the West. Hell the Mavs might start doing things and be a threat for the 8 seed.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are very simple, aren't you. I said everyone leaves, not that nobody chooses to sign there. You can't leave if you don't sign there first. Duh!

Of course LA isn't for everyone, and George chose to be stuck in NBA purgatory in OKC. If he's happy, so be it. Will he last there for the length of his contract? Only time will tell.
NBA purgatory?

OKC is freaking loaded. They are way better than the Lakers.

They have been missing an ALL NBA Defender in Roberson all year and are still playing great ball.

i hardly consider OKC "NBA Purgatory"--

the Wizards? NBA Purgatory

OKC? a perennial playoff team that could win a playoff series against pretty much anyone other than GSW? (and would even give them hell I think)- ? def. not NBA Purgatory

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. The Kings are in the same boat.

Can't keep playing .500 basketball and expect to make the playoffs in the West. Hell the Mavs might start doing things and be a threat for the 8 seed.

I can't see the Mavs doing too much unless Zinger comes back down the stretch. If that happens, all bets are off.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a strange team.

Yeah, not sure what to think or expect going forward.

Before all of the injuries hit, they were sitting in the #4 seed and were considered to be "ahead of schedule".

Then, all of the injuries hit, they went 6-11 without Lebron which, isn't terrible considering that they were also without Rondo, lost Kuz for a couple of games and lost Lonzo to injury as well. They fell to the #10 seed and suddenly everyone decided the sky was falling.

It'll be interesting to see if they can get back to how they were playing before the injuries or if the trade deadline drama will haunt them for the rest of the season.

Probably too much to ask for them to take down your Sixers on Sunday. I'm hoping they make it competitive though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA purgatory?

OKC is freaking loaded. They are way better than the Lakers.

They have been missing an ALL NBA Defender in Roberson all year and are still playing great ball.

i hardly consider OKC "NBA Purgatory"--

the Wizards? NBA Purgatory

OKC? a perennial playoff team that could win a playoff series against pretty much anyone other than GSW? (and would even give them hell I think)- ? def. not NBA Purgatory

It's a different level, and Warriors-specific. The Thunder don't have flexibility to add much to their roster, and don't have enough to get past the Warriors. Now, if he had joined a team that could put 2 max contracts with him, that would be different. Maybe if the Warriors lose a star or two in the coming seasons, that all changes?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not sure what to think or expect going forward.

Before all of the injuries hit, they were sitting in the #4 seed and were considered to be "ahead of schedule".

Then, all of the injuries hit, they went 6-11 without Lebron which, isn't terrible considering that they were also without Rondo, lost Kuz for a couple of games and lost Lonzo to injury as well. They fell to the #10 seed and suddenly everyone decided the sky was falling.

It'll be interesting to see if they can get back to how they were playing before the injuries or if the trade deadline drama will haunt them for the rest of the season.

Probably too much to ask for them to take down your Sixers on Sunday. I'm hoping they make it competitive though.

The Lakers are still probably about the 4th or 5th best team in the West. But injuries definitely hurt them as they have zero depth. Needless to say if Lebron misses more time, then the Lakers will likely need to just pack it up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course- and if he trusts them- sign the deal- if he doesnt trust them- sign a shorter deal and keep your options open.

but- they want as much money as they can get their hands on and to protect themselves in case of injury or downturn in play- and thats why the sign the contracts- and thats why they have to deal with the fact they might be traded.

As @Gman said- they can dry their tears with their $100 dollar bills.

also- if you REALLY hate the idea there are such things as no trade clauses--- if the player really really hates the idea of being traded just tell the player to give up some cash to get a no trade clause in their contracts. That is certainly within the rules as well.

Yeah, good points.

I still don't mind a player using the little leverage he has. But I wish they'd be quieter about it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are still probably about the 4th or 5th best team in the West. But injuries definitely hurt them as they have zero depth. Needless to say if Lebron misses more time, then the Lakers will likely need to just pack it up.

If he misses more than a week straight, they could be lottery bound indeed.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. Even though folks were starting to predict they would make the WCF, I never really bought that.

I've been saying all season that their ceiling is the 2nd round. For even the 2nd round though, they're going to have to get to at least the 7th seed. 8th seed gets them the Warriors and a competitive "gentleman's sweep) at best.

But yeah, if Lebron gets hurt again...they better pray for unprecedented "lottery luck". lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"everyone leaves"? And you think someone else is simple?

You think most players are drafted and spend their careers with one team? And, yes, you implied no one wants to go there....but I appreciate the backpedaling.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Even though folks were starting to predict they would make the WCF, I never really bought that.

I've been saying all season that their ceiling is the 2nd round. For even the 2nd round though, they're going to have to get to at least the 7th seed. 8th seed gets them the Warriors and a competitive "gentleman's sweep) at best.

But yeah, if Lebron gets hurt again...they better pray for unprecedented "lottery luck". lol

I don't think the Lakers are going to beat the Thunder or Nuggets in a 1st round match up either. Which means they really need to get #5 or so, IMO

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wiggins and Bennett BOTH went to Twolves in the deal.

Right I thought you were talking about a centerpiece. Bennett was an afterthought at that point, but still an "asset" I suppose.