• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he eats his steak well done with ketchup.

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KETCHUP ON STEAK? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

I almost had a heart attack.....

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had let it go but to be honest PG coming to town helps I think. You guys don't have to agree but it was the way KD went about what he did that pissed people off. It was his right though. I do think the look on his face at the ESPYs said something though, he knows what he did and it will always be talked about. It means what it means to everyone in their own way. Personally I just don't think his title means as much as it should to the guys that were already there and had already won one without him. And that's my right, I'm not alone.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had let it go but to be honest PG coming to town helps I think. You guys don't have to agree but it was the way KD went about what he did that pissed people off. It was his right though. I do think the look on his face at the ESPYs said something though, he knows what he did and it will always be talked about. It means what it means to everyone in their own way. Personally I just don't think his title means as much as it should to the guys that were already there and had already won one without him. And that's my right, I'm not alone.

As Stalin reportedly said, "A man has a right to be stupid, but Comrade Oblomov abuses the privilege."

Also, you may not be alone, but you are outnumbered about a million to 1.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was in on the joke...

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A source confirmed with CBS reporter Gary Parrish that Marvin Bagley III has considered skipping his senior year of high school to play in college this season. The 6'11" athletic forward has been touted by some as a potential No. 1 pick if he were to enter the 2018 NBA Draft."

This is getting wild when kids want to skip their Senior year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A source confirmed with CBS reporter Gary Parrish that Marvin Bagley III has considered skipping his senior year of high school to play in college this season. The 6'11" athletic forward has been touted by some as a potential No. 1 pick if he were to enter the 2018 NBA Draft."

This would be a terrible decision by the kid. There is a ton of physical maturation that occurs between 17 and 20. If he goes to college a year early and does not play well, he is going to lose out on a lot of money.

This is a clear signal to the NBA that they need to change the 1 and done rule. I honestly don't care which way they go, but they need to change it.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a terrible decision by the kid. There is a ton of physical maturation that occurs between 17 and 20. If he goes to college a year early and does not play well, he is going to lose out on a lot of money.

This is a clear signal to the NBA that they need to change the 1 and done rule. I honestly don't care which way they go, but they need to change it.

I agree......

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree......

I actually coached a kid who did something like this on a much smaller scale.

He had a great season as a sophomore and was having a great summer playing AAU and working the camp scene. He was being recruited by 15-20 D1 schools who viewed him as a prospect for the class of 2009.

He had enough credits to graduate in 2008, however, and his parents wanted him to push his graduation date forward against advice of the coaching staff. Many of the schools who had been recruiting him went away simply because they didn't need his position in their '08 class.

He broke a bone in his shooting hand about a month before the season, but just played through it without telling anybody. The combination of the injury and the mounting pressure of not having A scholarship locked up caused him to have a epically terrible senior year. He went from being on the radar screen for a number of high major schools to getting 0 offers. It was awful.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure that's not going to be possible. NBA at the moment requires a kid to be one year out of high school before going pro.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that's not going to be possible. NBA at the moment requires a kid to be one year out of high school before going pro.

If he goes to college this year, then next year he would be 1 year out of high school.
I guess it would come down to if he could graduate high school this summer.