• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the story behind OKC's demise is almost sad. ownership simply too cheap to keep their key components together...
so yep, if ANYONE'S to blame...
I can't even remember all of the best players they had, I think Tyson Chandler was one, We all remember James Hardin, there was a couple of young players who turned out to be studs. They seemed to think that everyone on their team was to take less money and make that sacrifice - Where in the hell does anyone take less money just to be nice? I would give them my first wife for million dollars - screw that:lol:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even remember all of the best players they had, I think Tyson Chandler was one, We all remember James Hardin, there was a couple of young players who turned out to be studs. They seemed to think that everyone on their team was to take less money and make that sacrifice - Where in the hell does anyone take less money just to be nice? I would give them my first wife for million dollars - screw that:lol:

Harden, Ibaka were the 2 biggest i can remember before KD's departure...

and honestly who knows if that original group would've bagged any titles? but we'll CERTAINLY never know now...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was all KD's fault. haven't you been paying attention...?:rolleyes2:

guess it's a good thing he's got that ring this season. imagine the reprisal if he came up short...:heh:

That is fine.

Since last year was all KD's fault, we can say that he carried the Warriors on his back to a title this year. See how that works? Both statements equally true.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It came down to KD not being able to win with his still already championship contending team. He just couldnt do it.

Yeah, it's all KD's fault. Everyone else on the Thunder were perfect teammates and never made mistakes.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I blame the top brass in the Oklahoma organization for letting some of the best players in the NBA slip through their fingers because they were too cheap to pay them. Had they kept them and found a coach to get them to work together, they would have won multiple championships

^ Ding Ding Ding

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Bill Plaschke called Chris Paul a quitter. Goes to show you that the media are complete idiots.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 149,461.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fine.

Since last year was all KD's fault, we can say that he carried the Warriors on his back to a title this year. See how that works? Both statements equally true.

Carried a 73 win team on his back, lmao.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 149,461.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did that 73 win team win the title that year?

No, and they should never have made the final. Only reason they did is someone wanted to change teams. Look, you and I are never going to agree. I fully respect anyone's rights to free agency, but I don't respect weakness and he did possibly the most weak minded thing in the history of pro sports. Hope he feels good about his stacked little league title, all it will ever be.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's stupid if he was serious.

If the Clippers wanted him to stay, they should have given him that 5th year.

I agree. Although I don't blame West for not giving him that 5th year. Cp3 would be 37 making $40 mil which would be nearly half of the cap.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, and they should never have made the final. Only reason they did is someone wanted to change teams. Look, you and I are never going to agree. I fully respect anyone's rights to free agency, but I don't respect weakness and he did possibly the most weak minded thing in the history of pro sports. Hope he feels good about his stacked little league title, all it will ever be.

Oh, I agree with you on the bolded. You seem pretty dead set on your current opinion, even if logic and facts come into play.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Although I don't blame West for not giving him that 5th year. Cp3 would be 37 making $40 mil which would be nearly half of the cap.

Yep.

But, Paul fought to get the rules changed, specifically so he could get that contract year.

Imagine his face when they told him.....ummmmm, no 5th year....lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 149,461.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree with you on the bolded. You seem pretty dead set on your current opinion, even if logic and facts come into play.

Tons of people nationwide agree with me. Go ahead, act like that title means something when it doesn't. Jordan telling people what he thinks by singling out Westbrook and telling him he won his first MVP before he won a title too. I got more logic and facts on my side than you do.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tons of people nationwide agree with me. Go ahead, act like that title means something when it doesn't. Jordan telling people what he thinks by singling out Westbrook and telling him he won his first MVP before he won a title too. I got more logic and facts on my side than you do.

You really don't. And what does winning an MVP before having a title mean have to do with anything? Lebron and KD won MVPs before they won titles. There's also guys like Nash and Malone that won MVPs yet never won a title.

The people that diminish KD's title are stuck in their ways and are mainly Cavs and Thunder fans. Just because a ton of people have that opinion, doesn't make it factually correct. Especially with the amount of brain dead idiots walking this country.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO, it turns into nothing but sour grapes when you imply he lost to the Warriors on purpose with the intentions to switch teams.
If anything, you should blame Draymond, because if the Warriors win that title, which most feel they should have, Durant more than likely isn't a Warrior.

Not that I think James lost to the Celts on purpose, but he did start shooting FT's left handed if I recall.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're delusional. Get over it. Kevin Durant didn't murder a family member. My god

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think even Cleveland fans were as butt hurt as old thundercvnt is. When Lebron won his title, all you hear was silence from Cavs fans.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think even Cleveland fans were as butt hurt as old thundercvnt is. When Lebron won his title, all you hear was silence from Cavs fans.

To be fair, Cleveland fans disappeared off message boards when Lebron went to Miami so hard to judge.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really don't. And what does winning an MVP before having a title mean have to do with anything? Lebron and KD won MVPs before they won titles. There's also guys like Nash and Malone that won MVPs yet never won a title.

The people that diminish KD's title are stuck in their ways and are mainly Cavs and Thunder fans. Just because a ton of people have that opinion, doesn't make it factually correct. Especially with the amount of brain dead idiots walking this country.

The other key to that statement is "before they won titles".

If Russ signs the extension in OKC, he is never winning one unless he team jumps in the twilight of his career. Just isn't happening.

I said it before, I will say it again. People who blame KD for his decision to leave are missing the big picture. Front office was unwilling to spend and Russ is a nightmare to play with for another elite player. He never publically criticized Russ despite all the brain dead mistakes he continuously made, but eventually that wears on a player.

KD was a great teammate for 8 years, then he made 1 selfish decision. OKC fans need to get over it, because Russ has been making selfish decisions his entire career.