• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather not take Saric after he just signed that 3 year extension overseas. The soonest he'd be able to play would be 2016. I mean, he is talented but that's too long of a wait.

Btw, PHX will not end up with 3 rookies next year. I can guarantee that. They'll either package picks together to trade up, trade them for another player, or trade one for a future 1st rounder (which makes zero sense)

Saric's deal is 2 years & a player option for the third year. Having him in Europe would work out perfectly for a team that has many 1st round picks. He is only 20 right now & at most would be 23 when entering the NBA. If the Suns want to be successful long term, they need to start thinking more like the Spurs front office does & sign foreign players who won't be in the NBA immediately. The talent is definitely their for Saric.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saric's deal is 2 years & a player option for the third year. Having him in Europe would work out perfectly for a team that has many 1st round picks. He is only 20 right now & at most would be 23 when entering the NBA. If the Suns want to be successful long term, they need to start thinking more like the Spurs front office does & sign foreign players who won't be in the NBA immediately. The talent is definitely their for Saric.

Most years I would agree with you, but this draft is insanely deep and you can find someone just as talented as him with the 14th pick that will be ready to come in right away and contribute from the start.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW- I'm gonna go ahead and merge this with the original NBA Draft Thread that is stickied.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks are shopping Iman Shumpert for a 1st round pick. Thoughts on the Suns trying to get him?

I would like & hate the move at the same time. While we would be buying low on a good young defensive SG, who's shooting would only get better, it would also block any chance of Archie seeing the floor again. That would put Archie behind DragonBlade > Green > Shumpert > backup PG. I just don't see the Suns doing that if they want Archie to develop.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade the 27th pick for Shumpert without a second thought.

This offseason will define GM McD. The draft is crazy deep and Love, Lebron and Melo are all available. He's got more draft picks than anyone and a lot of great players to throw into a package. He needs to get something done.

If he ends up whiffing on those three and just drafting some guy in Europe to stash for a few years and yields a few role players with the other pick, he's failed.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns have a huge amount of cap space (especially if they don't re-sign Frye). They need to go after LeBron.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One source said that the Kings' focus, for the moment, is Thursday's draft and perhaps swinging a trade involving the No. 8 overall pick. Sources told ESPN.com's Andy Katz on Tuesday that Sacramento has narrowed its potential draft pick trade partners down to Boston, Phoenix and Philadelphia -- three teams that have multiple first-round picks.

Suns could trade for the 8th pick... I'd LOVE to land Vonleh, Randle or Gordon.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns have a huge amount of cap space (especially if they don't re-sign Frye). They need to go after LeBron.

Phoenix isn't seen as a big market even though we have one of the largest in the nation. Lebron IMO either goes to Cleveland or back to Miami.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an interesting proposition. Since the Lakers are looking to trade the #7 pick in order to send Nash with it & clear his salary, I would look into seeing what LA would need to get this done. If they can get away with just sending the #18 or #27 pick along with maybe Green, I would do it. The Suns could either buy Nash out or let him play out the season as the backup PG & retire as a Sun.

Sure we would lose Green & 2014 cap space, but we would also have the possibility of landing Gordon/Randle & the #7 spot. Then that would leave open the possibility of trading the #18 or #27 pick, whichever one is left, to NY for Shumpert. And I am sure we could get more along with Shumpert if the pick is #18.

All in all we would have still have the #7 & #14 picks along with Shumpert while just losing the #18/#27 picks & Green. Exchanging 1 year of Green for 2 years of a younger Shumpert & the ability to pick at #7 seems like a no-brainer to me.

Just food for thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Davis- That would be a nice deal for us, but I highly doubt the Lakers would want us to own their 2014 AND 2015 1st rounders. Plus, I don't think Phoenix would want to clear cap space up for a team in their division.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people pinpointing Zach Lavine as the Suns' pick 1st pick tomorrow. Not sure that I would like that pick. He seems to have a good amount of "bust potential".

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now there are Bledsoe for Harden rumors in a sign and trade to help lure LBJ to Houston. Not sure how I'd feel about that considering we'd probably have to include a couple picks.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most mocks I have seen have us taking LaVine or James Young, the two players I want.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be OK with Young. He's a better shooter than LaVine and ready to contribute right away.