• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Ford Ranger and Bronco

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if that crawler gear is anything like the granny gear I learned to drive on in a 1967 truck.
The Bowzer gear
images

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks interesting.
Says it would be the 7th gear. It's optional.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a difference in size between the Baby Bronco and the Bronco.

What am I missing? As a matter of fact....where did "Baby Bronco" even come from?

Is there even such a thing? I see one called Bronco and one called Bronco Sport.

But are they different sized models? Or, as I am thinking, the same thing with one being a sport.

Honda Accord and Honda Accord Sport are the same sized vehicle because they ARE the same vehicle....is this the same thing?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What am I missing? As a matter of fact....where did "Baby Bronco" even come from?

Is there even such a thing? I see one called Bronco and one called Bronco Sport.

But are they different sized models? Or, as I am thinking, the same thing with one being a sport.

Honda Accord and Honda Accord Sport are the same sized vehicle because they ARE the same vehicle....is this the same thing?

They are different, and once both are officially released (instead of this Ford-oriented leak) it will be fairly obvious in the differences. It has been long known that 'Bronco' wouldn't be a model, but a 'sub-brand.' They have the main Bronco, the 'baby' which is the Bronco Sport, and there are pretty valid clues that there will be a Bronco pickup in the near-future.

One major difference between the Bronco/Bronco Sport is that right now, the Bronco will come in 4dr and 2dr.....Bronco Sport is only a 4dr. The Bronco will come with removable tops, hard and soft top, whereas the Bronco Sport will be more oriented like the older Escapes of a decade or so ago.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are different,

Well duh...one is a "sport" and one isn't. :dhd:

Look at the pictures though....are they the same thing? Same vehicle in size and one could swap parts with the other...that's what I'm talking about....they look to be the same damn thing.

Show me where I am wrong if you know something. Don't say one is a sport and one isn't. WTF did that explain.

If one is black and one is green they are different....that's not what I meant though. So again, if you can show where they are two distinctly different vehicles based off different platforms then do so...if not you haven't proved anything.

Duh...they are different...Thanks alot!

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has that cheap "Jeep" look to it.

Ford needs to up their game.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well duh...one is a "sport" and one isn't. :dhd:

Look at the pictures though....are they the same thing? Same vehicle in size and one could swap parts with the other...that's what I'm talking about....they look to be the same damn thing.

Show me where I am wrong if you know something. Don't say one is a sport and one isn't. WTF did that explain.

If one is black and one is green they are different....that's not what I meant though. So again, if you can show where they are two distinctly different vehicles based off different platforms then do so...if not you haven't proved anything.

Duh...they are different...Thanks alot!

I guess what I am asking is are they different sized vehicles or the same size but different.

The only difference I see in the photos is the one they call the "big brother" of the two has what looks like a grab handle on the tops of each front fender. The fender wraps up and meets the hood in a "horizontal plane, whereas the "Baby" one the fenders stop and the hood wraps down to meet the fender. Tail lights seem to be different as well. But they appear to be the same everywhere else...including the size.

So the hoods and fenders are different in shape....much like a Chevy Silverado vs. GMC Sierra, same truck, only different fenders and hoods, different tail lights.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has that cheap "Jeep" look to it.

Ford needs to up their game.

Can you tell a size difference in what is called the Bronco and what is called the Sport?

They look the same size to me...

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bronco Sport is smaller, and more 2010 Ford Escape-ish in terms of form, capability and function. The Bronco is larger, more off-road oriented and will come with a lot of mods in mind - ie removable tops and stuff.