• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Fantasy rookie class News and Rumors

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They burnt the Cousins bridge last offseason when they would commit long term, he obviously isn't willing to forgive that. Personally I don't blame them, I think Cousins is every bit as product if system and surrounding talent. What competent QB couldn't post big numbers throwing to DJAX Garçon, Reed, and Crowder?

Buy if your losing your QB, and half your receivers are FA's, why not blow it up and start over?
I dont think they have any leverage in dealing with SF for Cousins. They will get a 3rd round comp pick if he walks in the offseason. If I am SF I offer them my third this year for him

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They burnt the Cousins bridge last offseason when they would commit long term, he obviously isn't willing to forgive that. Personally I don't blame them, I think Cousins is every bit as product if system and surrounding talent. What competent QB couldn't post big numbers throwing to DJAX Garçon, Reed, and Crowder?

Buy if your losing your QB, and half your receivers are FA's, why not blow it up and start over?
Sure he was a system QB, however he fit the system well, much better then RG3 did for example. Glad I'm not a Redskin fan.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think they have any leverage in dealing with SF for Cousins. They will get a 3rd round comp pick if he walks in the offseason. If I am SF I offer them my third this year for him
Ehhh, yes and no...they do have the player locked up for another year no matter what, and SF has squat at QB..so they have some leverage, albeit nit at all what they would like.

But if i were SF, I'd be signing Cutler, Hoyer, McCown, Romo, Tyrod (if made available), and then going after whatever QB falls into the second roud, and letting Washington have Cousins. Anyone other than Tyrod, draft a QB high, give him a year or two under the "bridge guy", and keep building the team. In the case of Tyrod...just keep building the team

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think he wants to leave honestly. I think he'd like to be in SF with Shanahan but ideally for him he'd stay. I also wouldn't be surprised if he does get traded but it's a lot of speculation and not hard facts right now. Still a good chance he's in DC next year.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would die of laughter if I got that offer

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a better offer than you will get next year...

Well its the same as what we'd get. And if we really want we could tag him again. It'd be expensive but doable. Or we could just meet his demands rather than trade him for pennies. No way I'd deal him without getting back at LEAST a 1st.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd trade cousins for a 3rd rounder?
Given the situation, I would try hard for more, but take what I could get, yes. As mentioned, they don't have a lot of leverage. And I'm off the mind he has zero respect for the Skins front office/ownership and wants out..but also isn't retarded and will gladly keep signing those massive franchise contracts as long as they keep offering them. Why engage in long term talks that would result in a smaller pay day short term, when you're not interested in being there long term and they'll pay you as the second highest paid QB this year, highest paid next year if they continue doing so?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the situation, I would try hard for more, but take what I could get, yes. As mentioned, they don't have a lot of leverage. And I'm off the mind he has zero respect for the Skins front office/ownership and wants out..but also isn't retarded and will gladly keep signing those massive franchise contracts as long as they keep offering them. Why engage in long term talks that would result in a smaller pay day short term, when you're not interested in being there long term and they'll pay you as the second highest paid QB this year, highest paid next year if they continue doing so?

I'm 99.9% sure he doesn't want out.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its the same as what we'd get. And if we really want we could tag him again. It'd be expensive but doable. Or we could just meet his demands rather than trade him for pennies. No way I'd deal him without getting back at LEAST a 1st.
Isnt this the second consecutive year he has been tagged? If so no you cant tag him again...

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt this the second consecutive year he has been tagged? If so no you cant tag him again...

It is. They can still tag him again though. I believe it's the transition tag. I don't know the details but it'd be like 28 mil for 1 year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the third tag, a team must pay the player 144% of previous year's salary, which for this year will be @ 23.94 million. To tag him again for the 2018 season...just shy of 34.5 million...fully guaranteed

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the third tag, a team must pay the player 144% of previous year's salary, which for this year will be @ 23.94 million. To tag him again for the 2018 season...just shy of 34.5 million...fully guaranteed

Hmm id have to check back on the skins board. I don't know all the ins and outs but I'm pretty sure I've seen that number refuted.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nines signed Hoyer,
Whew.
I know the Bears reportedly wanted to resign him.
The media here is all hyped on Hoyer solely because he didn't turn the ball over much.
But to me, he didn't pass well.
I'm kind of glad he didn't re-up.