• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Fantasy rookie class News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foot, that'll depend on where he goes. If ends up KC, hell no. If it's NO, or Atlanta, or something like that..yeah maybe

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Fournette nor Cook showed much for squat at the combine..right back to where we started

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well idunno where Walter Football gets the opinion that somehow a lackluster vertical and a decent 40 cement Fournette over Cooks...no broad, no bench, no cone or shuttles..but regardless, Cooks definitely did himself no favors, no doubt about it. But at least he was willing to show what he had

McAffrey though...someone is taking him in round 1..I honestly wouldn't be shocked if someone threw a twist into everyone's draft boards and took him as the first RB.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well idunno where Walter Football gets the opinion that somehow a lackluster vertical and a decent 40 cement Fournette over Cooks...no broad, no bench, no cone or shuttles..but regardless, Cooks definitely did himself no favors, no doubt about it. But at least he was willing to show what he had

McAffrey though...someone is taking him in round 1..I honestly wouldn't be shocked if someone threw a twist into everyone's draft boards and took him as the first RB.
roto world sgrees

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"After speaking to GMs and scouts at this week's Combine, USA Today's Tom Pelissero emerged believing Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon will be drafted in the second or third round.

Arguably the most talented all-purpose back in the draft, Mixon's stock is a topic of debate because he was videotaped hitting a girl in the mouth in 2014, costing Mixon that entire season at Oklahoma in addition to lawsuits and legal charges. Pelissero acknowledged "it's clear" Mixon won't be on some teams' draft boards, but says "some scouts" have Mixon rated as a top 15-20 player in the draft. Pelissero says scouts viewed Mixon as the "heartbeat of the Sooners' team," and "the word out of OU on Mixon('s character) is positive overall."

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"After speaking to GMs and scouts at this week's Combine, USA Today's Tom Pelissero emerged believing Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon will be drafted in the second or third round.

Arguably the most talented all-purpose back in the draft, Mixon's stock is a topic of debate because he was videotaped hitting a girl in the mouth in 2014, costing Mixon that entire season at Oklahoma in addition to lawsuits and legal charges. Pelissero acknowledged "it's clear" Mixon won't be on some teams' draft boards, but says "some scouts" have Mixon rated as a top 15-20 player in the draft. Pelissero says scouts viewed Mixon as the "heartbeat of the Sooners' team," and "the word out of OU on Mixon('s character) is positive overall."
Granted it is nothing to take lightly at all...but if we were all judged for our whole lives in the mistakes we made at age 18..we'd pretty much all be effed in the a.

Everything you hear is that he's a well adjusted upstanding citizen and teammate. Some team will be getting a steal...as long as he can keep it straight

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida State RB Dalvin Cook tested as ninth-percentile SPARQ athlete at the NFL Combine.
Tennessee RB Alvin Kamara had the highest SPARQ score of any back in Indy, hitting the 79th percentile. Cook was at the opposite end of the spectrum, struggling in the three-cone drill (7.27), 20-yard shuttle (4.53), vertical (30.5"), and broad jump (9'8"). He did run a solid forty (4.49). Still, it was a concerning weekend for a back considered a potential first-round pick. According to 3 Sigma Athlete's Zach Whitman, no running back who tested as a sub-10th-percentile SPARQ athlete has been drafted in the first round in the last 17 years. Mar 4 - 8:23 PM

MMQB's Albert Breer mentions Florida State RB Dalvin Cook's "off-field questions" as a reason he may not pass LSU's Leonard Fournette to be this year's first running back drafted.
Breer didn't elaborate, but it's not the first time "off-field issues" have been mentioned regarding Cook. Cook was suspended for allegedly punching a woman outside a Tallahassee bar in 2015 -- it wasn't caught on video like Joe Mixon -- and Cook was also cited in 2014 for leaving three pitbull puppies chained up by their necks in an unsheltered area, resulting in a $550 fine. Cook apparently had two more non-detailed run-ins with police at Florida State. Feb 23 - 11:12 AM

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Jamison Hensley wrote "no one should be surprised" if the Ravens select a running back in the first round this year.
Baltimore has not selected a running back in the first round since Jamal Lewis in 2000, but coach John Harbaugh has consistently talked about the Ravens' need to improve the running game and sounded open to the idea of a first-round runner at the Combine. "They’ve done pretty well," Harbaugh said. "Ezekiel Elliott is a pretty good example of that. He’s an example of a guy we were very interested in when we were picking so high last year. I think any great player, any playmaker, is worth a first-round pick." Of course, Day 2 and Day 3 running backs have also "done pretty well," and it is unclear if the Ravens view Leonard Fournette or Dalvin Cook as a "great player." For what it is worth, Fournette has drawn some comparisons to Lewis. Mar 4 - 8:58 AM

LSU RB Leonard Fournette's official forty time at the Combine was 4.51.
His "unofficial" times were 4.51 and 4.52. According to Fantasy Guru's Graham Barfield, Fournette has 94th-percentile weight-adjusted speed at 6-foot, 240 pounds, and Fournette's Speed Score is the second best among 235-plus-pound running backs in the last decade. Fournette is a bit awkward in the passing game and lacks standout lateral movement ability, but his combination of size and straight-line speed is freakish. Earlier in the day, Fournette disappointed with a 28.5-inch vertical, which is offensive-line territory. He turned down the opportunity to do a broad jump and will hopefully do one at LSU's Pro Day. Mar 3 - 3:37 PM

@obxyankeefan

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you were close to a restroom after Ross ran. ......
It's so weird I never thought that record would fall. I'll be watching this guy but got to make sure the AL Davis side of me doesn't over do it.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so weird I never thought that record would fall. I'll be watching this guy but got to make sure the AL Davis side of me doesn't over do it.
Too late.

Hey Foot, here's the top 9 fastest times from the combine (prior to 2017) for WR/RB:

4.24 Rondel Menendez WR
4.24 Chris Johnson RB
4.26 Jerome Mathis WR
4.26 Dri Archer RB
4.27 Marquise Goodwin WR
4.28 Jacoby Ford WR
4.28 J. J. Nelson WR
4.30 Yamon Figurs WR
4.30 Darrius Heyward-Bey WR

Unofficial analysis: Speed does not make a career.

Last edited:

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a lot of over reaction to the running back numbers

Cook is still a good receiver that can cut with good vision, but has some injury concers and ball control concerns
Fournette is still strong and fast with bricks for hands and no ability to create
McCaffrey still isn't a guy i would want to see running between the tackles all that often, but will be great in the other parts of the game

Film matters a lot more than underwear Olympics Mixon didn't even get to go and his stock seems to be on the rise

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too late.

Hey Foot, here's the top 9 fastest times from the combine (prior to 2017) for WR/RB:

4.24 Rondel Menendez WR
4.24 Chris Johnson RB
4.26 Jerome Mathis WR
4.26 Dri Archer RB
4.27 Marquise Goodwin WR
4.28 Jacoby Ford WR
4.28 J. J. Nelson WR
4.30 Yamon Figurs WR
4.30 Darrius Heyward-Bey WR

Unofficial analysis: Speed does not make a career.
Good point.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get it either. They were finally starting to be a competitive team again and now its basically like starting over.
They burnt the Cousins bridge last offseason when they would commit long term, he obviously isn't willing to forgive that. Personally I don't blame them, I think Cousins is every bit as product if system and surrounding talent. What competent QB couldn't post big numbers throwing to DJAX Garçon, Reed, and Crowder?

Buy if your losing your QB, and half your receivers are FA's, why not blow it up and start over?