• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Fantasy rookie class News and Rumors

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. He left Minny without a deal so we will see. I would like to see him come back but not for a lot of money.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. He left Minny without a deal so we will see. I would like to see him come back but not for a lot of money.

RBs getting no love in this FA market what so ever, least not so far other then Woodhead. Still that was a symbolic way of giving the Packers the bird IMO.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he could hold anything against the Packers other than them telling him he has to put both feet on the scale...

I could see Lang being upset or Hyde for not getting an offer but Lacy hurt himself here by not taking care of himself. I do want to see him return though if healthy and in shape

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he could hold anything against the Packers other than them telling him he has to put both feet on the scale...

I could see Lang being upset or Hyde for not getting an offer but Lacy hurt himself here by not taking care of himself. I do want to see him return though if healthy and in shape

Interesting thing for me is the Seahawks are kicking the tires on veteran RBs, an idea I think totally sucks, much rather they use the draft if they feel they need to add to the competition due to injuries factor.
However if they feel they must add a vet, I'm for adding Lacy at a steal of a deal price. I'm like the Lone Ranger in that regard among Seahawks fans, the majority are rooting for L. Murray. To me Lacy is the only one who demonstrates anything special, Murray is so meh in every way I hate the idea of adding him. Lacy at least has shown he's a load when right, I just have major doubts about him being right, but even then, in limited carries even a fat Lacy could be useful. Think that is how you feel about the Packers resigning him.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Prosise is your best bet. Rawls reminds me of Bob Sanders as in tons of talent but can't stay healthy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Prosise is your best bet. Rawls reminds me of Bob Sanders as in tons of talent but can't stay healthy.

Now see here we see things differently. I see Prosise as the one who misses practice and games with the slightest boo boo and Rawls who misses games due to serious frigging injuries, but gives it his all to play. Don't trust either to stay healthy to be honest.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now see here we see things differently. I see Prosise as the one who misses practice and games with the slightest boo boo and Rawls who misses games due to serious frigging injuries, but gives it his all to play. Don't trust either to stay healthy to be honest.
Rawls = Marion Barber..enough talent to get the job done...and an angry runner, which is what gives him an edge. If lower body injuries start to sap that, he's just another dude.
And agreed with Harold..I love the potential in Prosise..love it, but he's gotta prove some durability after a largely lost rookie season

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rawls = Marion Barber..enough talent to get the job done...and an angry runner, which is what gives him an edge. If lower body injuries start to sap that, he's just another dude.
And agreed with Harold..I love the potential in Prosise..love it, but he's gotta prove some durability after a largely lost rookie season

Good comparison Treff. ....

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooooh.... Marion Barber to a Bears fan can only conjure up one thing....

Barber's big mistake

Tim Tebow rallied the Broncos to force OT and eventually won. Idiot.
I remember that. I obviously dont like the Bears but that hurt me...

the mental mistake not the actual price of the L

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Roto world writer put up his most current mock draft...2 RBs in round 1.
Fournette at #4 to the Jags, which I can totally believe, especially after they killed it on the defensive side infree agency
And Alvin Kamara at #10 to the Bills?? No idea where he's getting this one. First and foremost, Kamara isn't a 1st round talent. But even if he is, why the Bills? Shady, Tolbert and Co.aren't enough that you wouldn't wait, especially with the depth in this draft? If the Bills go offensive skill position, its gotta be a receiver doesn't it? Surely at 10..one of Davis, Ross, or Williams will be there. And regardless, they need defense. You can't win that division without pressure on Brady, and you can't pressure Brady if you can't find a way to cover Edelman, Gronk, Hogan, Cooks and Mitchell for more than 2 seconds

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Todd McShay projected four RBs in the first round of his latest mock draft.

McShay mocks Leonard Fournette at No. 8 to the Panthers, Christian McCaffrey at No. 14 to the Eagles, Dalvin Cook at No. 17 to the Redskins and Alvin Kamara at No. 27 to the Chiefs. The last time four running backs were drafted in the first round was 2008 with five ball carriers.

Again with Kamara in the first, this time to the Chiefs, they'd have to be really displeased with Ware to reach for a guy like Kamara (who is basically Spencer Ware)...I really don't get it..

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Todd McShay projected four RBs in the first round of his latest mock draft.

McShay mocks Leonard Fournette at No. 8 to the Panthers, Christian McCaffrey at No. 14 to the Eagles, Dalvin Cook at No. 17 to the Redskins and Alvin Kamara at No. 27 to the Chiefs. The last time four running backs were drafted in the first round was 2008 with five ball carriers.

Again with Kamara in the first, this time to the Chiefs, they'd have to be really displeased with Ware to reach for a guy like Kamara (who is basically Spencer Ware)...I really don't get it..
Who did he have the Packers taking, Watt?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, the blurb only mentioned the RB's, and without being an "ESPN insider", can't see the rest
Fair enough. Just wondering if you saw the whole draft or not. I am not one to pay for Insider either. I do share a pff account with my brother in law now so thats kinda cool

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kamari started one year seems like a hype train, and didn't he split touches

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn those are some nice landing spots for all those guys.

Gotta say I dont see the Spencer Ware/Kamara similarities at all though.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn those are some nice landing spots for all those guys.

Gotta say I dont see the Spencer Ware/Kamara similarities at all though.
Both 5'10", about 220, neither would be called fast by nfl standards, neither would be called elusive or quick footed, and at best they're both adequate in the passing game. No idea how Kamara is at pass pro or route running though, Ware is misty likely better at both